Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

Just now, foxinsocks said:

I think ea should get a math model to predict all remaining pl games then play them out using fifa19... and screen it on sky... it would create 100 games at 90min each... otherwise sky have no footy content. 

I will wager that something like this appears by the end of the month on sky ! 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I will wager that something like this appears by the end of the month on sky ! 

The neat thing is you could calibrate a model based on the first 20 games to predict the next five and then run it forward

Edited by foxinsocks

13 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

Exactly this,brace yourself, wouldn't be surprised if we're told "league can't be finished, so we've got a team of data experts to come up with a final table of current form and likely outcome"

Liverpool

Man C

Chelsea

Man U 

Tottenham

Arsenal

Leicester

Wolves 

Shef U

Burnley

Palace 

Everton

Newcastle

Southampton

Brighton

West Ham

Watford

Bournemouth

Villa

Norwich

"And to make sure it's fair each team gets to vote", Who would vote against it? Leicester, Wolves, Sheff U, Bournemouth, Villa and Norwich, 6 against 14 carries unanimously. 

From the same people who bought you, Denis Pratt turns his back, ball hits hand, HANDBALL. Kevin De Bryne see ball coming raises his hand to stop ball and handles it, NO HANDBALL, oh nearly forgot Ederson double fists an opponent but it's OK because contact was inevitable!

Anyone think the outcome of all this will be fair.

I know I'm Martine McClutchin here but Everton might also vote against that as they've got plenty of time to still get into the European places.

The league will get cancelled. Liverpool will be crowned Champions but they'll no doubt they'll decide the remaining champions league spots by the teams that qualified last season as well as the Europa League ones. That way the big clubs are happy which is all that counts.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dames said:

The league will get cancelled. Liverpool will be crowned Champions but they'll no doubt they'll decide the remaining champions league spots by the teams that qualified last season as well as the Europa League ones. That way the big clubs are happy which is all that counts.

It baffles me, how every day people think this is gonna happen, such a stupid option thats not gonna happen

• Like 2

I think the league will be up and running in a few weeks, probably not the 3rd of April but just after, and will be behind closed doors. They'll churn out games quicker than usual to catch up, especially without the complications of having fans there. The FA Cup may be written of and I expect the european competitions will be too. I'd like to see the Euros cancelled as it's an irrelevance in comparison to the domestic league and it's impossible to host in it's current format, but I can't see them writing it off. If anything it'll be on next year.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I think the league will be up and running in a few weeks, probably not the 3rd of April but just after, and will be behind closed doors. They'll churn out games quicker than usual to catch up, especially without the complications of having fans there. The FA Cup may be written of and I expect the european competitions will be too. I'd like to see the Euros cancelled as it's an irrelevance in comparison to the domestic league and it's impossible to host in it's current format, but I can't see them writing it off. If anything it'll be on next year.

This seems like the most sensible option, maybe may_june finish the season behind closes doors 

1 hour ago,  Dames said: 

41 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

It baffles me, how every day people think this is gonna happen, such a stupid option thats not gonna happen

Not sure why. Powerful elites always do whatever it takes to maintain the status quo and hold on to their position of power and privilege. It has been forever thus, so why would 'football' be any different?

Edited by SixtiesFox

12 minutes ago, SixtiesFox said:
  1 hour ago,  Dames said: 

Not sure why. Powerful elites always do whatever it takes to maintain the status quo and hold on to their position of power and privilege. It has been forever thus, so why would 'football' be any different?

The only hope is public opinion but the public opinion will be led by ‘what team do you support ‘

we’re fooked imo 

they will all say the right things re finishing the season but in the end it will become ‘too difficult ‘ (it won’t but there will not be willing to achieve it) and LCFC are screwed over 

Will say again - Tuesday they announce that the European competitions are abandoned and will not be completed. By May, if the situation doesn't significantly improve - the Champions League will either be called off again for a season or it's format change to a smaller format (you have to remember qualifying starts in mid July, which looks faint at best - you asking semi-professionals to risk their livelihoods by travelling to play football) 

Either way, we probably won't profit but it won't be at the benefit of 'bigger clubs'. 

There's every chance travel between borders is full on banned except for certain circumstances. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Thing is, if they're talking about needing 12-14 clubs to vote on something in order for it to go through, then surely the outcome will be a null and void season? Anyone in a relegation battle will vote for that. Big clubs like Man U, Spurs and Arsenal who have had crap seasons and look likely to miss out on european places would vote for that. 

It's only the current top 4 and clubs with an outside chance of european places like Wolves, Sheffield etc that would vote against it. 

Unless I'm missing something? 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The only hope is public opinion but the public opinion will be led by ‘what team do you support ‘

we’re fooked imo 

they will all say the right things re finishing the season but in the end it will become ‘too difficult ‘ (it won’t but there will not be willing to achieve it) and LCFC are screwed over 

I think there's still some integrity in football fans, We're all pissing ourselves at Liverpool potentially not winning the league, but if we talk seriously, we know they deserve it. I think most fans wouldn't want to get into Europe through some backdoor, they'd feel they cheated their way in. When there was talk of taking away Man City's titles after the FFP decision, Liverpool fans were saying they didn't want to win a title that way.

27 minutes ago, SixtiesFox said:
  1 hour ago,  Dames said: 

Your not sure why?????  You say the powerful elites always do what ever it takes etc?? When did this last happen?? Its never happened so there is not a chance, you do know!! I would have alot of money on Liverpool will be handed the tittle, we will be 3rd or void, or season goes on! But this idea of of “hand liverpool the title, because its liverpool” and “we don’t like leicester ‘s fit, lets have the big clubs in the CL”

in this day and age in this country things are fair!! This is by no means one bit fair, not gonna happen pal

28 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Thing is, if they're talking about needing 12-14 clubs to vote on something in order for it to go through, then surely the outcome will be a null and void season? Anyone in a relegation battle will vote for that. Big clubs like Man U, Spurs and Arsenal who have had crap seasons and look likely to miss out on european places would vote for that. 

It's only the current top 4 and clubs with an outside chance of european places like Wolves, Sheffield etc that would vote against it. 

Unless I'm missing something? 

They will be some mid placed clubs who want to protect their prize money. Clubs such as Palace or Newcastle who then risk relegation on the next season. 

If the season is void, there is every chance that clubs are only given a part of their TV money 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

I can’t see the season being “null and void” if 14 clubs have to vote for it.

Teams that will definitely vote against it : Liverpool, Leicester, Chelsea, Sheffield United, Wolves 

Teams that will probably vote against it : Man City, Everton, Southampton, Newcastle, Crystal Palace.

chill out