Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

Hearing on talksport fairest way apparently end season now give Liverpool the title as can you really see Man City make up the points and Liverpool really drop all their remaining points, Have no relegation this season promote Leeds and Baggies then have a season of 40 games then relegate 5 End of next season ?
But as some folk have said before I can’t believe the Football authorities haven’t come up with a scenario of not being able to finish a league due to some kind of catastrophe/war etc and have a plan of action?

Cant see the games be played from April 4th as the virus will be hitting the country pretty hard by then so where’s the super computer predictor when you really need it? 

4 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

Hard to believe no one thought there may be a situation one day where the season might not be completed.

Really quite pathetic from this huge industry.

We're in the position where there is no play at the moment and no-one knows when there will be.  Will the hypothetical solution be equally valid if we start again in April, in June, in spetember, in December, in March; if we have to stop play for the Euros; if the European cup is played or if it isn't?  There would have to be a great number of solutions set aside for a vast number of potential but unlikely scenarios.

4 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Hearing on talksport fairest way apparently end season now give Liverpool the title as can you really see Man City make up the points and Liverpool really drop all their remaining points, Have no relegation this season promote Leeds and Baggies then have a season of 40 games then relegate 5 End of next season ?
But as some folk have said before I can’t believe the Football authorities haven’t come up with a scenario of not being able to finish a league due to some kind of catastrophe/war etc and have a plan of action?

Cant see the games be played from April 4th as the virus will be hitting the country pretty hard by then so where’s the super computer predictor when you really need it? 

Obviously no one is catching Liverpool and they’ll want the trophy, but it is a bit hollow. Imagine being a kid and in 10 years time someone asks you about it and  you have to say Liverpool won the league but we only played 3/4 of the season that year because it was cancelled, bit of a downer isn’t it.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Option 3 sounds good for the PL. Imagine if we ended up winning the league by beating Liverpool in a play-off final despite being 29 points behind.

That would, IMO, be justice for Mane's dive at Anfield, would create enough outrage from Merseyside it would be visible from SPACE, and would set me up for banter for the rest of my ****ing life.

Do it.

They do it in rugby don’t they? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Adster said:

"Possibly" yes. But who's to say that won't lose every remaining game of the season? 

It's extremely unlikely, but is still mathematically possible. 

Yes. Anything is possible. If you drop an ashtray there is a statistical chance it will go up, not down... But it's very unlikely. Liverpool have been amazing and are worthy champions.

The Premier League is all about money.

To get a maximum return, the Premier League will want the  biggest draws in the biggest competitions

Liverpool will be given the league.

The rankings will be used to define European Places.

Ass hat, but I fear this outcome.

Oh, and Leeds and West Brom will be allowed to FOAD

4 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

It beggars belief really that it wasn't in the rules and that the PL lawyers probably copied and pasted a load of standard Ts and Cs

Surely it wasn't radical thinking to pre suppose that a season in the future may possibly be curtailed due to war, natural disaster, strike, civil unrest, fuel/food shortages or other force majeure

It really is bonkers when they have rules for other stuff like dressing room sizes and how many toilets should be in them, how bright the floodlights should be in a certain part of the pitch, access to champions dressing room for an hour after the trophy celebration.  

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

What does ‘fair’ have to do with anything 

this is about money ........

Exactly this,brace yourself, wouldn't be surprised if we're told "league can't be finished, so we've got a team of data experts to come up with a final table of current form and likely outcome"

Liverpool

Man C

Chelsea

Man U 

Tottenham

Arsenal

Leicester

Wolves 

Shef U

Burnley

Palace 

Everton

Newcastle

Southampton

Brighton

West Ham

Watford

Bournemouth

Villa

Norwich

"And to make sure it's fair each team gets to vote", Who would vote against it? Leicester, Wolves, Sheff U, Bournemouth, Villa and Norwich, 6 against 14 carries unanimously. 

From the same people who bought you, Denis Pratt turns his back, ball hits hand, HANDBALL. Kevin De Bryne see ball coming raises his hand to stop ball and handles it, NO HANDBALL, oh nearly forgot Ederson double fists an opponent but it's OK because contact was inevitable!

Anyone think the outcome of all this will be fair.

2 minutes ago, ThorpeAstleyFox said:

In situations like these, the onus falls on the person making the absurd claim to cite their source - I won't hold my breath lol

Well he could have dropped the ashtray in zero-G, but then the ashtray would not actually drop, more float....:mellow:

Thinking about nothing but the complexities of smoking in zero-G now......

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

The Premier League is all about money.

To get a maximum return, the Premier League will want the  biggest draws in the biggest competitions

Liverpool will be given the league.

The rankings will be used to define European Places.

Ass hat, but I fear this outcome.

Oh, and Leeds and West Brom will be allowed to FOAD

This will absolutely NOT happen

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FOXSE said:

Yes. Anything is possible. If you drop an ashtray there is a statistical chance it will go up, not down... But it's very unlikely. Liverpool have been amazing and are worthy champions.

If it drops it goes down, if you let go of an ashtray then maybe

• Like 1

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Option 3 sounds good for the PL. Imagine if we ended up winning the league by beating Liverpool in a play-off final despite being 29 points behind.

That would, IMO, be justice for Mane's dive at Anfield, would create enough outrage from Merseyside it would be visible from SPACE, and would set me up for banter for the rest of my ****ing life.

Do it.

this made me chuckle! This is pretty heavy ISIS style justice. Like cutting the hands of thieves or stoning adulterers to to death!

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

6 against 14 carries unanimously. 

I know this makes me *that* guy, but...

Unanimously means of one single spirit, i.e. with no dissenting votes.

So 14 v 6 can never be unanimous.

2 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Well they do have a plan of action for war - the season is suspended. 

1 hour ago, messerschmitt said:

Exactly this,brace yourself, wouldn't be surprised if we're told "league can't be finished, so we've got a team of data experts to come up with a final table of current form and likely outcome"

Liverpool

Man C

Chelsea

Man U 

Tottenham

Arsenal

Leicester

Wolves 

Shef U

Burnley

Palace 

Everton

Newcastle

Southampton

Brighton

West Ham

Watford

Bournemouth

Villa

Norwich

"And to make sure it's fair each team gets to vote", Who would vote against it? Leicester, Wolves, Sheff U, Bournemouth, Villa and Norwich, 6 against 14 carries unanimously. 

From the same people who bought you, Denis Pratt turns his back, ball hits hand, HANDBALL. Kevin De Bryne see ball coming raises his hand to stop ball and handles it, NO HANDBALL, oh nearly forgot Ederson double fists an opponent but it's OK because contact was inevitable!

Surely theyd be legal action taken by the relegated clubs and us for missing out on some serious money because of a computer generator

Liverpool

Man C

Chelsea

Man U 

Tottenham

Arsenal

Leicester

Wolves 

Shef U

Burnley

Palace 

Everton

Newcastle

Southampton

Brighton

West Ham

Watford

Bournemouth

Villa

Norwich

Not chance this will happen neither

Liverpool

Man C

Chelsea

Man U 

Tottenham

Arsenal

Leicester

Wolves 

Shef U

Burnley

Palace 

Everton

Newcastle

Southampton

Brighton

West Ham

Watford

Bournemouth

Villa

Norwich

"And to make sure it's fair each team gets to vote", Who would vote against it? Leicester, Wolves, Sheff U, Bournemouth, Villa and Norwich, 6 against 14 carries unanimously

Not unanimously.

The Guardian is reporting that a leaked Public Health England document reveals that the epidemic will last until Spring 2021. If accurate, when are we supposed to finish this season.

I can see an scenario where PL/FA ‘allow’ the government to make the final decision on what to do about this season, which supposedly could limit the possibility of any legal action against PL/FA.

Edited by Glorious Leicester Fan