Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'll be honest, although life is fairly boring during the pandemic, I don't miss having my weekend ruined by us not winning. Granted, there's also not the same buzz when we win and the weekend takes care of itself but I'd be quite happy if we never played ever again and finished up as the 3rd best team in England, ever. 

Ever? I mean, I know our current squad is pretty good, but, still...

Talk about delusions of grandeur! ;)

• Haha 1

Must admit that since following. City since late 60s Ive found other 

Things to do. All of these have involved

drinking with an edge of competitiveness

Quiz nights American horse racing.

reruns of the past.

Ive come to the concludion now that life is utter shite

Now without football.

Lets get qualifiedl for the champions league, so we can all watch the empty stadiums on BT .

5 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Must admit that since following. City since late 60s Ive found other 

Things to do. All of these have involved

drinking with an edge of competitiveness

Quiz nights American horse racing.

reruns of the past.

Ive come to the concludion now that life is utter shite

Now without football.

Lets get qualifiedl for the champions league, so we can all watch the empty stadiums on BT .

I was tempted to give up my season ticket after odd years but I have changed my mind now. VAR or not it's still better than what we have now!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Toddybad said:

There is no scientific basis for claiming the first highlighted bit atm. Different studies have found different things. We'll know more in the coming months with larger scale testing being done. 

I think it only struck me earlier what watching football without a crowd would be like. It's okay at grassroots level but you're going to hear the ball echoing around stadiums and little shouts player to player. It'll be like watching training sessions. You're right it's preferable to nothing though.

You mean players screaming in agony when someone steps on their toe or calling the linesman every name under the sun when he doesnt award a throw?

dutch league have decided to cancel their season and have no champions nor promotion or relegation. Would be a poor day for sport for England decides to do the same. Sport is about more than money. Finish the season whenever it can be finished.

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

dutch league have decided to cancel their season and have no champions nor promotion or relegation. Would be a poor day for sport for England decides to do the same. Sport is about more than money. Finish the season whenever it can be finished.

It wasn’t entirely their decision as Dutch govt suspended all sports until september

The promotion/relegation is interesting though - I suspect the decision made on the basis that legal challenges from the teams seeking promotion would have less financial backing than those being relegated ! 

The more European leagues take the Dutch and Belgium route,the less likely it will be plausible to extend our season.The international,European and domestic calendar is such a finely balanced set-up.How can you possibly carry on with different leagues and competitions overlapping one another?The Organization required non CV days is immense at the best of times.Unfortunately football is just one of thousands of industries in complete turmoil.

Personally think league just gets ended and maybe starts a tiny bit early to avoid fixture build up in December.

all current positions crowned so that means Liverpool winning and the champions league it’s based on merit.

myself included.. no one wants Liverpool to win because let’s face it it’s funny lol But at least this way we can always tell Liverpool fans they wasn’t real champions because didn’t finish a season ;) 

in terms of relegation the premier league are in dodgy grounds relegating teams so it’s up to them what they do and the legalities around it and whether they promote or not. It will be even funnier that Leeds don’t get promoted either or maybe start next year with 22 teams and relegate 5 after the year.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

Just get Jurgen, Pep, Brendan and Frank 

Live on TV

Sissors, paper stone

Best of 5

Semis then final. 

Winner takes all

Kasper raising the trophy with a massive grin and Vichai smiling down from the heavens💙💙

Oh, and scousers crying all over the world, saying they've been stitched up😄

9 minutes ago, Super_horns said:
Latest idea allegedly 

Not all teams at home and each game would need 300 people.

Paywall ..... do they reference how it would be decided which home games would actually be home games ??

38 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Paywall ..... do they reference how it would be decided which home games would actually be home games ??

The Premier League plan is to eventually play games at ‘approved’ stadia – suggesting not all grounds will be used and games might take place at neutral venues – and creating as sterile an environment as possible. Players will carry out further health checks, with screening as they enter the stadium through temperature scanners, and social distancing observed as they get changed in more than one changing room per team. There will be no pre-match handshake and a minimal amount of time spent at the stadium after the game.

• Like 1

Yeah definitely the most sensible approach, also I’d fully expect 2 or 3 games played back to back in the same stadium so they could use the same security and safety staff and the media wouldn’t have to have as many different people out and about.

Might be counter productive with regards to the changing rooms but maybe teams arrive ready or something? 

15 minutes ago, brucey said:

The Premier League plan is to eventually play games at ‘approved’ stadia – suggesting not all grounds will be used and games might take place at neutral venues – and creating as sterile an environment as possible. Players will carry out further health checks, with screening as they enter the stadium through temperature scanners, and social distancing observed as they get changed in more than one changing room per team. There will be no pre-match handshake and a minimal amount of time spent at the stadium after the game.

And then spend 90 minutes in close proximity to everyone else lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, brucey said:

Sounds awful.

7 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

The more European leagues take the Dutch and Belgium route,the less likely it will be plausible to extend our season.The international,European and domestic calendar is such a finely balanced set-up. How can you possibly carry on with different leagues and competitions overlapping one another? The Organization required non CV days is immense at the best of times.Unfortunately football is just one of thousands of industries in complete turmoil.

UEFA has been doing that for decades with the Russian, Ukrainian, and Scandinavian leagues.

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Players will be tested pre game .... the minister pretty well said as much today ......... they can have sex in the six yard box and still not catch CV ..........

I think we've got our priorities wrong as they'll have to perform 50+ tests before every game if that's the case, yet some frontline workers can't get a test for love nor money.

I'm missing football as much as anyone, but is it really necessary right now?

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

I think we've got our priorities wrong as they'll have to perform 50+ tests before every game if that's the case, yet some frontline workers can't get a test for love nor money.

I'm missing football as much as anyone, but is it really necessary right now?

Tests are starting to come in for the frontline workers, I think a couple hundred tests a week for footballers will be manageable if we manage to ramp up our testing capacity to somewhere near that 100k target.