Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

League Suspended.

1 minute ago, Kasey Keller said:

My thoughts are crown Liverpool.

relegate the bottom three as it stands, award Europe on standings.

Same in the Championship L1 and L2

top 2 promoted and relegated etc and just have the playoffs when in a better position in a few months?...

Are you adjusting points per game to bring everyone up to the same number of games played ? 

5 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Considering 3 options for deciding the final league table apparently - points per game, table as of the last completed gameweek and table at the halfway stage i.e. results from the 19 first fixtures against each side.

Cant remember what our table was for option 3 but pretty sure we're top 4 for all 3 so they can use any of those 3 methods for the PL as far as I'm concerned. 

According to this site we were second on march day 19.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/spieltag/wettbewerb/GB1/plus/?saison_id=2019&spieltag=19

It's a no brainer for me. 😆

44 minutes ago, Kasey Keller said:

top 2 promoted and relegated etc and just have the playoffs when in a better position in a few months?...

The three clubs relegated would sue the league. There's too much money at stake.

• Like 2

Bundesliga's season restart is plunged into fresh doubt with the German government gearing up to TIGHTEN lockdown after a fresh spike in coronavirus cases... which could push back proposed return date of May 9

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8266313/Bundesliga-restart-doubt-German-government-gearing-TIGHTEN-lockdown-new-cases.html

7 hours ago, MattP said:

I can't envisage a scenario where a team is travelling to a different country to play a one off CL match, it just doesn't seem realistic.

France won't be the last either, Spain surely cancels and as much as we are going to try I don't see how we'll manage to get through a six week period with players/staff/coaches effectively operating outside the normal World.

PSG have started they'll travel to a neutral country to complete their matches if it's safe to do so. 

The Belgians are meeting on Monday to decide on their league. 

3 hours ago, fox in the sox said:

Do you think it is right to promote teams who are only in play-off positions?

It would result in the 3rd best team being promoted, so yes. If anything that’s fairer than the play-off system 😂

The only reason there are so many league 1 teams playing is because the 2nd to 7th is separated by 2 points 

7 hours ago, Webbo said:

The three clubs relegated would sue the league. There's too much money at stake.

But similarly if they void the season they could get sued by the likes of us, Liverpool, Leeds and West Brom for the same reason. Hence why they’re doing all they can to restart the season as whichever you look it’s unfair.

• Like 1

I didn't think it would happen at any point until yesterday, but it is going to be nul and voided now. 

You can either have a bunch of scousers on the street losing their shit for a few weeks, or endless lawsuits going on for a year, at huge expense for the leagues. 

My thoughts for what it’s worth. 3 options really, either try and end the season somehow, cancel the season & do points per game average or totally void the season. 

No option is perfect or totally fair. For me, the fairest option is to try and complete the season if possible. If not, then for me the next fairest option is to cancel the season and for the remaining 9 games do a points per game average. For promotions, will have to scrap the playoffs and just have the team 3rd coming up too.

What we have to do at all costs is avoid voiding the season. That option rewards failure and lets teams who have had bad seasons off the hook.

• Like 1

If season is not carried on does anyone see a genuine situation where we are not playing champion league next year? We are 3rd and UEFA have stated either they need teams for next year. Even if league is voided we would be there on merit.

Edited by les-tah

4 minutes ago, les-tah said:

If season is not carried on does anyone see a genuine situation where we are not playing champion league next year? We are 3rd and UEFA have stated either they need teams for next year. Even if league is voided we would be there on merit.

Uefa don't seem too concerned about merit when it comes to European qualifications. If they can find a way of including arsenal or man u at our expense they would. 

I don't think any way is going to satisfy all hence their egerness to finish the season at any cost.

i cannot see Bournemouth for example accepting going down on GD to us and West Ham.

I'd actually be tempted to give Liverpool the title and the top 4 as you have all be up there all season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Null and void would be an absolute disgrace. Cancelling the season is more palatable if they can come to some sort of happy medium with promotion/relegation. You can't just wipe out 29 matches of football, this isn't North Korea. Vardy is on 99 PL goals man, Barnes is on course to be the best young EPL player of 2020 and we beat them southern helmets 9-0 away from home. DON'T DELETE US NOW!

Exactly, you can't just say 7 months of football never happened- keep the records in some way and try and work around it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kasey Keller said:

This, but relegate Spurs as well

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Relegation should be alphabetical its the only fair way, which 3 teams would that cause upset for? :dunno:

Watford, West Ham and Wolves. Very happy if West Ham went south.

Talk was a month or so ago to have no relegation from Prem and promote top 2 from Championship to run with a 22 team league next season. Relegate 5 the season after and take a points per game average this season to settle positions at the top. 

Less likely to cause loads of legal issues this way and we still get Champions League. Gets my vote.

6 minutes ago, Gravel said:

Watford, West Ham and Wolves. Very happy if West Ham went south.

Talk was a month or so ago to have no relegation from Prem and promote top 2 from Championship to run with a 22 team league next season. Relegate 5 the season after and take a points per game average this season to settle positions at the top. 

Less likely to cause loads of legal issues this way and we still get Champions League. Gets my vote.

Whilst it would work for the top two of the championship you'd still have those in the play offs challenge it, arguable there's enough games for the top two to be caught, and they still have the chance of winning the play offs (as well as the nearly every team down to 10th). If they decided for any promotion/relegation it would really need to be definitive across all leagues as a number of teams would argue they could have been promoted/safe with remaining fixtures.