Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

8 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Agreed, their Hyde Park concert was sublime

Funnily enough I was discussing Blind Faith this morning.

Loved the song Cant Find My Way Home. I picked the LP up in a charity shop years ago. Great album. The picture on the sleeve though is just a bit dodgy!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Well, our academy has done alright in recent years. It seems we're capable of producing top players, so why not one or two of our best current youth team players? Not saying it's going to happen, I'm just excited to see if they can do something.

I share the excitement @ALC Fox but one is 18 with barely an U23 game to his name while the other, at 22, has just returned from loan in League 1.

Both, ideally, go out on loan this season. Neither, like Hirst, are anywhere near PL level at the moment.

IMHO!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Why would the club want to alert anyone to who we are signing? 

Doesn’t make sense that Ric 

Of course they wouldn't, but he's an independent journalist and does from time to time post when we are quite far down the line on negotiating with clubs and players.

35 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

need an algorithm for when there is actually a signing or a real hot link

image.png.201faa5632769fb7821fb4256b8a327c.png 

orange for just normall bs chatter

image.png.b9075e4335845a32b0de0b697c0c876f.png

Ask yourself how the code would know or identify an actually "real link" without manual intervention. What defines a "real link".

Virtually impossible. 

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Sweet FA happening...

Anyone know any good fish pun jokes?

Comments like this (and it's not just you I've seen over the past few weeks) do more harm than good in terms of stoking the fire and acting like the club just sit there in the office playing Tetris or whatever the game of choice is!

This is probably the busiest time for the club off the field. There's not a chance that 'sweet FA is happening' just because you don't hear anything concrete via Twitter or other social media. Yes, Percy does usually come up with bits of info here and there but it's also no secret that with the club restricting entry to more individuals to the training ground, it's less likely there'll be leaks of info. 

It's just that people are impatient and crave something. Don't get me wrong I did think a signing would be done by now but I'm not having it that the club are doing nothing. It's harder than ever to do deals for preferred targets in this window so bound to take longer to do deals.

3 minutes ago, Adster said:

Ask yourself how the code would know or identify an actually "real link" without manual intervention. What defines a "real link".

Virtually impossible. 

Could code it so if there was the inclusion of numerous twitter links in short succession, which usually happens with big links, then the red flair would be present. 

4 minutes ago, Adster said:

Virtually impossible. 

with an option for users to flag it someway as real hot news, if this meets the threshold/percentage it goes red hot

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

I'm actually really excited to see if KDH and Tavares can force their way in this season. With the extra games, they could get a chance to excel in a cup competition and perhaps give Brendan a headache for league fixtures and important Europa games.

KDH will definitely be around the squad and Tavares is highly rated by the management team, they have been training with the first team for a while. I expect them to break through this year. 

9 minutes ago, stu said:

So would I. Shame it’s bullshit, but you did ask for a Twitter rumour. ;)

Definitely a shame about the source, but im sure they would consider selling him for the right price. 

I wouldnt be surprised to see him loaned back to villa for the season. They probably think his value will keep going up 

34 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Could code it so if there was the inclusion of numerous twitter links in short succession, which usually happens with big links, then the red flair would be present. 

All well and good until the same garbage URL is posted multiple times lol

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

So let's say we do start badly and take as many as 7 points less than we could have done.

If we'd took 7 points less last season we'd have finished 9th. We earned about £147.4m (ignoring rebate) from TV monies, Sheff Utd in 9th earned £132.6m. Add in what is highly unlikely to be any more than £20m from EL prize monies and it would've been a loss of about £35m in raw accounting terms.

But let's say if we'd rushed into it, we'd pay the £40m for Tagliafico; £40m for Brooks; £35m for Edouard. You wait until the end of the window and maybe you only pay £25m for each of them. So you've saved yourselves £40m.

I know it's dodgy maths and there are lots of other factors but when finances are tight (particularly in the short-term) there is merit to the idea of biding your time more than ever.

Starting the season with:

Schmeichel

Justin Soyuncu Benkovic Thomas

Ndidi

Tielemans Maddison/Praet

Perez Vardy Barnes

would be no disaster, IMO. I don't expect Burnley or West Brom to come at us with all sorts of attacking dangers, and West Ham are hardly a scary proposition either.

..what if the selling team do not have to sell!!!

Waiting until the end of the window is all very well, but if the club you are looking to buy from does not have to sell then waiting brings added pressure on the club wishing to buy and the price is not going to drop because there is no need to. We would still be in the same situation as today, as at the end of September. We could then look to alternative targets but we will be forced to buy what is asked as we have no time to bring the price down and they know we are desperate.

27 minutes ago, stu said:

Here you go...

"we are hearing"

Yeah Beyond the 90

set up in April whilst someone was in Lockdown and bored

located in Leicester, IE a Leicester fan

Its the equivalent of someone posting a random linked player on here.

oh but its on Twitter and has 300 mighty followers must be true