Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester_Loyal

The Politics Thread 2020

27 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I don’t disagree but I’ve said that I’m personally impressed with Starmer and would consider voting Labour at present. 

Oh so long as it’s not direct racism and is only on mainly white folk it’s fine then.
Also I thought you guys didn’t like whataboutery.......

I’m not the one complaining how people are morally voting for one side, but then failing to look in the mirror though am I?

It's not a moral standpoint I complain from. Merely one of recognising incompetence. Boris and the Tories haven't got a clue.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Christoph said:

https://canex.co.uk/labour-leader-sir-keir-starmer-is-against-cannabis-decriminalisation/

Labour Leader Sir Keir Starmer Is Against Cannabis Decriminalisation

Honestly Keir Starmer is such a shit opposition. To me he is just a diet can of Tory. No real opposition. No real or interesting policies. Just overall shit. 

The next man/woman in after Corbyn was always going to be fairly centrist because it's the only possible way they'll get elected in the near future. It's not dissimilar to football management in that you need somebody to steady the ship. Neil Kinnock did a similar job after Militant divided the party in the past. Though he ultimately lost, without Kinnock there would have been no Labour Government for over 40 years now and regardless of one's thoughts on New Labour they are the only electable party Labour have offered in that time. You or I may think differently, but the general public haven't. 

That being said I can't picture Starmer delivering a speech that's even close to this:-

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Christoph said:

https://canex.co.uk/labour-leader-sir-keir-starmer-is-against-cannabis-decriminalisation/

Labour Leader Sir Keir Starmer Is Against Cannabis Decriminalisation

Honestly Keir Starmer is such a shit opposition. To me he is just a diet can of Tory. No real opposition. No real or interesting policies. Just overall shit. 

He's definitely a Tory sleeper cell. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Krankie is getting a shoeing in the SP . Love it 

Sounds like it's getting a bit serious. SNP supporters in social media frenzy trying to deflect attention, avalanche of whataboutery

Could this be her downfall? 

BBC News - Sturgeon rejects 'confidentiality breach' claim over Salmond complainer
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-56198840

21 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Sounds like it's getting a bit serious. SNP supporters in social media frenzy trying to deflect attention, avalanche of whataboutery

BBC News - Sturgeon rejects 'confidentiality breach' claim over Salmond complainer

I hope it is her downfall, if she is guilty.

Horrible woman.

27 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

She getting a smashing about her un-lockdown roadmap also, its tougher than ENG yet their numbers are lower than ENG.
A couple of Scottish colleagues seem to think this & knowing more about Salmond than she letting on will be the end of her & they can't wait they want a change after 7years of her.

24 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I hope it is her downfall, if she is guilty.

Horrible woman.

Her approach to reasonable and pertinent questioning was to challenge the motives of the questioner and engage in ad hominem attacks to deflect . She is so thin skinned it is embarrassing 

• Like 1

On 24/02/2021 at 13:30, Strokes said:

They will vote for them when the alternative is not credible, Labour are still building that credibility after recently being found to be institutionally anti-Semitic. I don’t see you or any left leaning poster showing any shame in voting for that.

I’ve brought this up in the past and you are the only other person I’ve seen draw attention to this. They won’t because they see anti-semitism as acceptable and funny (unless of course it’s coming from a far right white bloke). The amount of so called left wing people I’ve known, worked with and been associated with who have laughed at Jew jokes and even said incredibly anti Semitic things is gargantuan. Every time I call them out immediately and every time they just stand there with a gormless look on their face as if it’s just a given that Jews are inferior.

They all would go to war to ruthlessly cancel anyone who did or said anything even remotely racist or islamophobic. I find the hypocrisy utterly disgusting and and as far as I’m concerned voting for Corbyn was as bad as voting for Nick Griffin.

• Haha 1

Could end up with the strange situation this week of the Conservatives using the budget to raise corporation tax, a bedrock of recent Labour policy position, for Labour to then oppose it.

Of course, Labour is right to oppose it, major tax rises or any signal for tax rises not linked to future good reason aren’t needed right now, but it’s really daft politics.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Salmond is properly sticking the boot into Sturgeon today.

Ooooft.

Just skimmed the coveragem.all fur coat and no knickers.

He hasn't landed anything like a killer blow, with his memory stick garbage.

fascinating to watch a ruined late middle aged, physically repulsive sex blob attempt to drag anything and anyone down with him. 

prob end up in the next 6 months alone in an empty 60s tower block flat surrounded by cat shite and used needles

13 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

fascinating to watch a ruined late middle aged, physically repulsive sex blob attempt to drag anything and anyone down with him. 

prob end up in the next 6 months alone in an empty 60s tower block flat surrounded by cat shite and used needles

Is that you Nicola?

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

So you aren't a fan, then?

3 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Because it was a reply to me, I thought for a mo' you were having a pop at me, before realising this was Salmond you were talking about.  

Edited by Vacamion
  • Haha 2