Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Every Christmas Eve the same 100 or so lads go to the same pub where I am, it'll be weird as **** staying in this year. Saying that, booking the pub and having to sit down on Christmas Even would probably feel even weirder.

I would put money on the pubs being open for Christmas and new year tbf

Savage continues to bang the drum about pushing on with grassroots football, for the mental health of kids. Which is great to see obviously.

But I've seen no big name push for keeping gyms open in a more restricted way to aid the mental health of millions of adults. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

I would put money on the pubs being open for Christmas and new year tbf

I'd keep your money in your wallet until 2nd December and then see where things stand. I'm really not sure they will be. Possibly for sit down Christmas meals only for a very small gorup of people for a very few days.

Edited by reynard

Swimming, golf and tennis could be reprieved of the lockdown due to the ability to safely socially distance yourself from others. 

I must admit some sporting activities both indoor and out can be left to continue. Can’t see why two people can’t play tennis, provided they don’t play the tonsil version. 

59 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Savage continues to bang the drum about pushing on with grassroots football, for the mental health of kids. Which is great to see obviously.

But I've seen no big name push for keeping gyms open in a more restricted way to aid the mental health of millions of adults. 

Stan Collymore is constantly saying this 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Tanni Grey-Thompson was pushing for gyms to remain open, has written to the Prime Minister.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

Tanni Grey-Thomson was pushing for gyms to remain open, has written to the Prime Minister.

7 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Stan Collymore is constantly saying this 

I must've missed these then, hopefully something comes of it. I'd much rather be made to wear a mask whenever not on a machine and massively reduced numbers  than not at all

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

I must've missed these then, hopefully something comes of it. I'd much rather be made to wear a mask whenever not on a machine and massively reduced numbers  than not at all

It is pretty much what is expected at my local, regular place. They've done very well to lay it out.

They shouldn't have to close.

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

It is pretty much what is expected at my local, regular place. They've done very well to lay it out.

They shouldn't have to close.

I have to wear a mask when i head in, but isn't expected when moving through the place. Layout is brilliant and limited numbers have made me super comfortable whenever I've been there. 

I'm hoping they do, i really do. Not just for me, I know many people rely on them heavily 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So most people want this lockdown to just be non essential shops (I would suspect that hardly anyone has caught this virus in a shop) , pubs and restaurants.......

On the basis of this, mehtinks we won’t get through this mess without a march type single message lockdown .......

I’ve given up caring to be honest, I’ve no idea what’s best for the country. I’ll just do what can to survive through this mess and try and keep away from all the dirty infectious twats.

Although It looks like they will be one nurse short from Thursday, as what’s best for us is that I work and if my mum shields again leaving us with no childcare, my wife will have to either not work or get approved for shift that is school time friendly. 
I’m not putting my business on the line again when the support is not there for it.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Kopic said:

My workplace has a thermometer camera in reception you have to stand in front of before you are allowed in. It seems to work perfectly fine for everyone except me. Every single day it reads between 31 and 33c for me, which would indicate i am dead. For everyone else it seems to read normally and I'm obviously not dead, what could cause that? Coupled with the fact social distancing has been completely out the window since July, it makes me worry. Although we haven't had any cases, yet.

Are you sure you aren't dead?  It could be asymptomatic

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Seen a few links that suggest Farage is to start an anti-lockdown party ffs

Edit:

Another money making scheme by the pair of them. Origin of the party to be anti lockdown when it’s likely that any lockdown will be over at the point they could stand in any form of local election, police commissioner or mayoral votes. 

4 minutes ago, bovril said:

I used to think that Farage was a quite intelligent operator who understood people very well, and knew what buttons to press. Or a Russian agent. Now I genuinely think he's just a bit thick. 

With brexit likely to be done by January to the satisfaction of most leavers, Nigel needs something to stay relevant and continue to deliver his lifestyle ...

• Like 3

Was stupidly allowing myself to read through Twitter comments and threads, winding myself up.

Ended up down a YouGov polling rabbit hole where I ended up finding comments from people suggesting that people shouldn't w@nk. lol

There are actually people that feel strongly enough about whether or not other people touch themselves to tweet about it.

There's a valuable lesson in there somewhere.

I've closed Twitter for the night safe in the knowledge people's opinions are wild and uncontrollable, and therefore not worth worrying about.

Do whatever keeps you sane, folks. 

• Like 1