Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

On 02/07/2020 at 13:40, st albans fox said:

whilst it annoys me that our frontline workers have to put themselves in harms way because of idiots like this, the fact that they enter the house and aren't wearing masks makes it tough for the idiots to take the restrictions seriously.  you can understand kids thinking 'if it was that dangerous then the police would have a mask on' ……..

The video is from Limerick City over in Ireland.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

So is anyone not Leicester based going to a pub today? Whilst I'm out and about I might see how busy they are during the day, won't be going near one in the evening. 

Probably naive and give people too much credit but I don't think it will be as bad as some are suggesting and most will be sensible, although I'm interested to see how town centre pubs/bars manage the evening clientele. 

There will be exceptions of course and there will be lots of people going to a pub just to take a picture of how busy it is and sharing over twitter.  

“Plenty of social distancing going on here. This government have A LOT to answer for. I’m disgusted” 

Ive deleted the twitter app on my phone just so I can ignore seeing tweets like the above, the weirdos will be rife today on social media. 

54 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I know there might but some people that will but anyone who goes to the pub today is a certified weirdo. Won’t be the same experience at all even if the beer does taste slightly better, surely it’s not worth it. 

Some pubs have been open since 6am.

Anyone in them at that time need shooting.

13 minutes ago, Manini said:

“Plenty of social distancing going on here. This government have A LOT to answer for. I’m disgusted” 

Ive deleted the twitter app on my phone just so I can ignore seeing tweets like the above, the weirdos will be rife today on social media. 

Can I suggest deleting Twitter from your life? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/nation/2020/07/119_292285.html

Update from this side of the world - most businesses are open pretty much as usual, but everyone is still wearing a mask outside (mostly) and the number of new daily cases don't seem to be dropping, instead remaining steady between 40-60 for the last couple of months. Pretty sure that what we have now will be the new normal until a viable vaccine shows up.

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/nation/2020/07/119_292285.html

Update from this side of the world - most businesses are open pretty much as usual, but everyone is still wearing a mask outside (mostly) and the number of new daily cases don't seem to be dropping, instead remaining steady between 40-60 for the last couple of months. Pretty sure that what we have now will be the new normal until a viable vaccine shows up.

Is mask-wearing where you are as common-place as China and Japan, even before COVID?

It's almost part of the culture in that part of the world because of the environmental conditions?

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Is mask-wearing where you are as common-place as China and Japan, even before COVID?

It's almost part of the culture in that part of the world because of the environmental conditions?

People would wear masks outdoors on days when the pollution was a problem (mostly springtime), but not often otherwise as they were not needed. However, when all of this broke and Korea became the first country outside China to see a really rapid uptick, masks were quickly adopted as a potential solution and people were ok with the (mild) inconvenience of wearing them due to their utility. And, by and large, they still are.

So I don't think it was really culturally ingrained before all of this began, but it was something that was used sometimes and then became adopted out of pragmatism more than anything else.

• Like 2

3,000 people in public housing blocks (council flats) locked in their house and not allowed out for a minimum of 5 days. 
500 police called in to ensure no one goes in or out of the buildings as the outbreak in Victoria continues to grow.

• Like 1

On 03/07/2020 at 11:57, Free Falling Foxes said:

Door to door testing is due to start in the North Evington area around lunchtime today.

The intention is to carryout 40000 tests though not sure how many days this will take.

They trying really hard to justify the lockdown.

Where is the door to door testing in the west of Leicester?

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

3,000 people in public housing blocks (council flats) locked in their house and not allowed out for a minimum of 5 days. 
500 police called in to ensure no one goes in or out of the buildings as the outbreak in Victoria continues to grow.

I understand they intend to test everyone in the locked buildings. Hope they get on top of it soon. Justifies the reluctance to open borders.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Hit and run in Measham by some pissed up dick in a transit van. 

It wasn’t a “hit and run”  It was attempted murder or at least GBH as it was a deliberate attempt to drive over someone after a drunken row and he’s also knocked ten bells into another lad with a baseball bat and he’s not in a good way apparently. Also wasn’t a transit van but splitting hairs a bit with that one.

The lad in question is ****ed, If I’ve worked out who he is from the comfort of my own home in the space of sixty minutes Leicestershire police aren't going to have a problem.

Ive got a video of him driving down the street screaming let’s have it out of the window of his van but pointless posting it as I’ll prolly get a ban 👀

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It wasn’t a “hit and run”  It was attempted murder or at least GBH as it was a deliberate attempt to drive over someone after a drunken row and he’s also knocked ten bells into another lad with a baseball bat and he’s not in a good way apparently. Also wasn’t a transit van but splitting hairs a bit with that one.

The lad in question is ****ed, If I’ve worked out who he is from the comfort of my own home in the space of sixty minutes Leicestershire police aren't going to have a problem.

Ive got a video of him driving down the street screaming let’s have it out of the window of his van but pointless posting it as I’ll prolly get a ban 👀

'attempted murder by a dick in a flat bed' 

Consider it changed. 

I didn't want to speculate to widely. Any update on if he's been caught? 

8 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

'attempted murder by a dick in a flat bed' 

Consider it changed. 

I didn't want to speculate to widely. Any update on if he's been caught? 

Van’s been recovered. Matter of time before he’s found.

Attempted murder might be a bit OTT but I’m not really sure how else you can interoperate someone purposely trying to drive over someone else 😂 I guess the point I was making was it wasn’t accidental. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

5 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Van’s been recovered. Matter of time before he’s found.

Attempted murder might be a bit OTT but I’m not really sure how else you can interoperate someone purposely trying to drive over someone else 😂 I guess the point I was making was it wasn’t accidental. 

Just out of interest what van was it? Probably unrelated but there was a small white van being a bit dodgy round here last night.

Edited by Costock_Fox

55 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Just out of interest what van was it? Probably unrelated but there was a small white van being a bit dodgy round here last night.

Big white flat pack mate, he wouldn’t of been anywhere near you. Committed the offence in Meashem, then ditched the van In Heather where I presume he’s then walked back to where he lives in Ibstock (criminal mastermind)

36 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Big white flat pack mate, he wouldn’t of been anywhere near you. Committed the offence in Meashem, then ditched the van In Heather where I presume he’s then walked back to where he lives in Ibstock (criminal mastermind)

Haha fair enough,  other dodgy goings on then.

Who’d have thought back in March that a thread on Chippies would one day be out pacing the coronavirus thread. If the reduction in daily cases wasn’t enough, this clearly shows the progress we’ve made.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Wet Trump said:

Who’d have thought back in March that a thread on Chippies would one day be out pacing the coronavirus thread. If the reduction in daily cases wasn’t enough, this clearly shows the progress we’ve made.

Anyway ...   back to chippies ....  where do you go ? ...

• Haha 1