Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

16 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

That is shocking.

I've got a feeling it'll get reversed though.

Its not shocking, it's someone applying the present law to a new situation, when we obvioulsy require a new law.

Edited by Jon the Hat

9 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Rioting yesterday at the doors of government insisting on a lockdown. Welcome to 2020 and popularist governments 

Not entirely true.. Rigged elections + dictator in charge supported by US & EU.. 

7 minutes ago, iniesta said:

Not entirely true.. Rigged elections + dictator in charge supported by US & EU.. 

Quite aware of the story behind Serbia’s president and if you think he’s backed by the EU and US you are mistaken. 

He’s a very public ally of Putin due to their joint dislike of NATO. Serbia and Russia at all costs don’t want any more former Yugoslavia states joining NATO or the EU. See the attempted assassination on Montenegro’s president by two Russians. Although he’s another kettle of shady 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

9 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Quite aware of the story behind Serbia’s president and if you think he’s backed by the EU and US you are mistaken. 

He’s a very public ally of Putin due to their joint dislike of NATO. Serbia and Russia at all costs don’t want any more former Yugoslavia states joining NATO or the EU. See the attempted assassination on Montenegro’s president by two Russians. Although he’s another kettle of shady 

Donald Tusk publicly supported Vucic 2 weeks ago.... 

2 minutes ago, iniesta said:

Donald Tusk publicly supported Vucic 2 weeks ago.... 

Yes as with most things it's not black and white. EU want Serbia in and warn off Russia/China influence. However, EU members won't bend until Serbia makes its foreign policy clear. Serbia has to recognise Kosovo which in turn accelerates Kosovo's attempts at joining the UN (and Nato). Vucic kissed the Chinese flag during the first Covid-19 spike and has been entertaining the Russian Foreign minister recently. Alongside his meetings with Mike Pence this year. 

Vucic is playing them off to gain concessions but as you've eluded to in the process, rigging elections and applying influence to alter the media. He's got quite backstory has Vucic, if you believe any of it is true mind. Claims he was at the famous battle of Maksimir Stadium riot in 1993. 

On 07/07/2020 at 15:04, Md9 said:

What sort of numbers are looking at getting down to before they decide the lockdown is not needed any more? Hancock says the infection rate is going down in Leicester which is good 

Probably down to bradford levels.

The problem is they looking at cases per 100k.

We are massively ramping up testing, which will increase the numbers.

Hardly anyone seems bothered about the local lockdown, so there is no political pressure to get it over with.

Even people on here are been quiet about it as if they dont care, or maybe most live outside of the city.

Edited by Chrysalis

4 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Likely announcement that gyms may be able to reopen next week.

i for one won’t be attending it’ll be worse than Christmas time period for a start with limited numbers allowed in and less equipment

Really? I am desperate to go swimming so hopefully the same will apply. 

Wouldn't it be nicer knowing that the numbers were restricted? Presumably there would be some booking system in place. Although admittedly if you are the spontaneous type who doesn't like to ahead it could be annoying.

27 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I thought that would be classed as discrimination by age. What’s to stop them saying no women allowed next? 

Pubs are allowed to refuse service to anyone under reasonable grounds. If challenged, they have to be able to show why they have refused service. Discrimination laws don't necessarily protect people from being barred from a public house. If the owner decides to restrict a certain age group, his reasoning probably falls under reasonable grounds. 

Honestly the laws surrounding this are a bit wish washy and mainly run on owners discretion. 

36 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I thought that would be classed as discrimination by age. What’s to stop them saying no women allowed next? 

I’m sure there are still some ‘men-only’ drinking establishments knocking about.

10 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Pubs are allowed to refuse service to anyone under reasonable grounds. If challenged, they have to be able to show why they have refused service. Discrimination laws don't necessarily protect people from being barred from a public house. If the owner decides to restrict a certain age group, his reasoning probably falls under reasonable grounds. 

Honestly the laws surrounding this are a bit wish washy and mainly run on owners discretion. 

It was some years ago, but me and 3 or 4 friends walked into a pub and the landlord told us to get out. We asked why and he said he didn't like the look of us.

We probably muttered something as we left but accepted it and didn't remotely consider we had been discriminated against in any way.

It's life, some folk need to build up some resilience.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Fair enough, I've just always assumed that wasn't allowed, I've always been taught age is one of the 7 types of discrimination, but that's probably more to do with my industry than anything else.

11 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Fair enough, I've just always assumed that wasn't allowed, I've always been taught age is one of the 7 types of discrimination, but that's probably more to do with my industry than anything else.

Well it is a type of discrimination. But it gets treated like it isn't in some exceptional cases. Minimum wage and car insurance both have elements of age discrimination that is somehow allowed. 

To me it's all a bit odd. I can understand why it's allowed, but it just doesn't seem right in the spirit of things. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rachhere said:

Really? I am desperate to go swimming so hopefully the same will apply. 

Wouldn't it be nicer knowing that the numbers were restricted? Presumably there would be some booking system in place. Although admittedly if you are the spontaneous type who doesn't like to ahead it could be annoying.

Oh yes it’ll be nicer knowing numbers are restricted however that will cause issues actually trying to book a slot when it is convenient for you to do so