Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

11 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Take Vitamin D, dont take ibuprofen, seek medical help if you are not getting better after 5 days or getting increasingly short of breath.

What's the reason for not taking ibuprofen ? It's my go to drug when I'm not well and my work is full of it at the mo :sweating:

2 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Get well soon, MPH.

Meanwhile, more evidence of the COVID-19 pandemic really bringing out the best in people:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/11/rumours-and-threats-what-happened-when-covid-19-shut-our-pubs

41 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Good old social media

Is it worth reading after this line, knowing the guy is from Somerset :ph34r: :

“We watched the Man United game and they won – so I was in a good mood.”

• Haha 1

On 10/07/2020 at 12:58, MPH said:

It’s mad though because i had been working with covid-19 patients and had been so careful never to take my mask off or bring anything home.. ONE relative stops by and BOOM. was so mad..

Thank you for sharing your experience.  If it’s not too painful do you mind me asking how long was it before you felt the symptoms after you’d met your relative?  Was the timescale for this and your wife similar?

As others have said - good luck with your recovery.

As an aside both the Carolina states have seen the numbers of positive testing ratchet up considerably in the last week or so. I would expect that to have changed a lot of behaviours but there seems to be (looking from the outside) very polarised opinions all round.  Any comment?

5 hours ago, los dedos said:

What's the reason for not taking ibuprofen ? It's my go to drug when I'm not well and my work is full of it at the mo :sweating:

There is the situation that ibuprofen, like some other drugs, lowers the body's temperature which can make you feel better; however, the body naturally raises its temperature because that's its way of fighting a virus more effectively.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Florida up to 15,400 cases !

previous high was 11,500 .......that’s a huge increase on their recent averages

I’m not sure that re-opening Disney World yesterday will help bring that number down :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, zorro en españa said:

Thank you for sharing your experience.  If it’s not too painful do you mind me asking how long was it before you felt the symptoms after you’d met your relative?  Was the timescale for this and your wife similar?

As others have said - good luck with your recovery.

As an aside both the Carolina states have seen the numbers of positive testing ratchet up considerably in the last week or so. I would expect that to have changed a lot of behaviours but there seems to be (looking from the outside) very polarised opinions all round.  Any comment?

It was the very next day I got sick. He left about 2 PM on Saturday and by Sunday evening I was in a mess.

As it happens a lot of the ‘no mask’ brigade seem to have gone very quiet over here..

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

So approximately 140 people died of corona yesterday and only 20 something today, I’m not buying these figures anymore as none of it makes any sense to me.

It’s not the number that died yesterday .....it’s the number of deaths reported yesterday .......they will have been mostly on Thursday if they were reported yesterday. When I saw fridays low number I expected some kind of revision yesterday.  The daily average seems to be around 70/90 at the moment when looking at the seven day average. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

McDonald’s seems to be awfully quite after the initial rush since reopening.Regularly drive past a good 5/6 and they all seem dead.

You can get it delivered so I imagine a lot of people (like me 😬) maybe doing that 

it’s been a totally mad few days. worst days of my life.  i can’t even stand up without getting out of breath.  just walked through to the kitchen and saw rats all over floor. wife assured me they  were not really there. horrible stuff. gets any worse i’ll have to go in. i blame Wellens.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

it’s been a totally mad few days. worst days of my life.  i can’t even stand up without getting out of breath.  just walked through to the kitchen and saw rats all over floor. wife assured me they  were not really there. horrible stuff. gets any worse i’ll have to go in. i blame Wellens.

Hope you feel better soon, man. :(

• Like 1

Starting to get worried about the Victoria situation that now seems to be spreading to NSW ☹️☹️

New South Wales should lock down early to stop the spread before they end up like Melbourne. Unfortunately they were aggressively opening up, so I doubt whether they will do so till too late.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

Cases rising here again now.back up to 623 cases on the rolling 7 day average.

Not sure how much this is due to the Herefordshire outbreak but the drop has really started to stagnate now.

A few weeks ago I was pretty confident we wouldn't have a second wave but not so much now.

Nuts if they don't bring in mandatory masks in shops. Otherwise it's only a matter of time until we're closing things down again.