Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

22 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

My mum went a couple of weeks back and when she returned she was moaning about how they had managed to call her up with a bunch of OAP's.

(The funny thing is she is 78) 

Haha, just trying to arrange a mobility scooter for my dad. He’s always said he’d never use one on the basis that they’re for old people. He’s 93.

Edit: Hired one out for him to see if he likes it. Apparently it doesn’t go fast enough lol

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Haha 3

From an NHS nurse:
“Sorry everyone but I NEED A RANT!! I have spent the last 3 days at work defending the Pfizer vaccine released to our area in the coming week. I have spent hours and hours of my time learning the PGD rules, the e-learning courses on reconstitution of the vaccine, the time scales for safety etc so I can vaccinate safely, this as well as all the work I and many others put in EVERY year to make sure we are vaccine safe in general! have read and learned the chapter in the DOH Green book and been on the MHRA( Medicines and Heathcare RegulatoryAgency) site to aid my knowledge further. Oh and by the way I am still doing my ‘day job’. I think I am in a good position to understand how the vaccine has come to be! So how come every Facebook user knows better???? Hundreds of very committed scientists have spent many thousands of hours including weekends holidays nights etc developing this vaccine 44,000 people ‘guinea pigs’ signed up for trials in 6 different countries to make this vaccine safe FOR ALL OF US ! But over the last 3 days I have had many patients saying I am not having this!!! One man thinks it’s being used to inject tracking devices???? one lady wanted it for her 88 yr old Dad but she wasn’t having it !! Many say ‘I am not being a guinea pig for a new vaccine’. WTF!!! Please everyone STOP LISTENING TO IDIOTS ON FACEBOOK who have NO evidence NO knowledge but like to spread fear and dissent —- their irresponsible rambling will probably be responsible for needless death the vaccine has been through ALL the very rigorous testing and trials that were needed.? I f you are lucky enough to be offered it take it with both hands !!
Please share the hell out of this ! We really need to counteract the ignorance and prejudice that is being spewed out. From an NHS Nurse. By the way people are telling me they can’t share it so copy and paste it x”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Haha, just trying to arrange a mobility scooter for my dad. He’s always said he’d never use one on the basis that they’re for old people. He’s 93.

Made me laugh. Your dad sounds like a top fella!

11 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Yeah but there’s definitely a little lump in my arm.  No 5G yet tho.

Just wait until you suddenly get the urge to start buying lots of Microsoft products, Jon...

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

What a twat.   Hopefully no over 65s die as a result of the wasted vaccines caused by his bullshit.

They will. The French public aren’t exactly the most science-driven when it comes to vaccines and uptake polls were low as it was. I can’t imagine what this entire fiasco has done to public opinion on vaccines, but his intentions were clearly for ill (what else would he get from trying to trash a vaccine?) and it will cost his own people dearly. Probably one of the lowliest act a statesman could do. 

43 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

The Chinese really are odd, or they really hate the Japs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-asia-56245404

I'd have some cans of beans a few hours before landing, line up a few stinkers and let them off as I'm in the room where you get tested so they thought twice about the anal tests. If they insisted on doing it then more fool them.

I'm sure i made a jokey comment on here about 6 months ago about the dangers of joggers.  Seems a study has now been launched about it. Why, throughout all of this, has common sense and the obvious been ignored.

"Trish Greenhalgh, professor in primary care health sciences at the University of Oxford, told ITV's Good Morning Britain: "There is no doubt the virus is in the air, there is no doubt that you can catch it if you inhale, and that someone else has exhaled.

"The exercising jogger - the puffing and panting jogger - you can feel their breath come and you can sometimes actually feel yourself inhale it, so there's no doubt that there is a danger there."

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I'm sure i made a jokey comment on here about 6 months ago about the dangers of joggers.  Seems a study has now been launched about it. Why, throughout all of this, has common sense and the obvious been ignored.

"Trish Greenhalgh, professor in primary care health sciences at the University of Oxford, told ITV's Good Morning Britain: "There is no doubt the virus is in the air, there is no doubt that you can catch it if you inhale, and that someone else has exhaled.

"The exercising jogger - the puffing and panting jogger - you can feel their breath come and you can sometimes actually feel yourself inhale it, so there's no doubt that there is a danger there."

Not just joggers either, some thoughtless cyclists also pass close by. It's not always possible to get out of the way as often you get blindsided. 

Needs to be an awareness campaign although it's pretty obvious to most. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Not just joggers either, some thoughtless cyclists also pass close by. It's not always possible to get out of the way as often you get blindsided. 

Needs to be an awareness campaign although it's pretty obvious to most. 

I still find when I go for a walk around the block with Mrs G we're the ones that move out of the way often onto the road and oncoming traffic people seem to be totally unaware. Fair enough families with pushchairs and small kids but this is the whole range from teens to oldies but clearly younger than us. As for cyclists I had two that have come so close that we touched. 

Oh and if we do move out of the way please don't shout 'thanks' a nod of recognition will do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

Because this pandemic has made it scarily apparent how little common sense we actually have as a nation. 

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I see joggers are in the firing line again. I really hope we eventually go after obesity and smoking like we have done to Covid, you know, to "protect the NHS". 

There are respectful walkers, runners and cyclists and there are also arseholes in those respective groups.

But the point made in yorkie's post is just factually correct. People inhale and exhale harder when running rather than walking and thats not even taking sweat into effect. No one is saying bans joggers, just that wearing a mask probably makes sense if the jogger cant avoid others.