Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Brighton Match Thread

The best thing you can say about that half is that it's now over.

Brighton look much fitter than us, and the performance so far looks like peak Puel football. We have had the majority of possession, but it's just between Evans, Soyuncu and Mendy.

For me the system isn't really working. I think we need two of Tielemans, Maddison and Praet on the pitch as without them we create very little. Maddison barely features when he's on the left hand side like he has been, something that we've seen plenty of times before. I think it's OK to play like that against a Chelsea / Man City / Liverpool but it's wasting his talent against Brighton.

Hopefully we get some subs on and switch up the tempo. That was a really lethargic half from both teams! It's going to take fitness levels to improve to get the fast flowing football back, but perhaps some impact subs can do the trick. Otherwise for me there was a close up of Brendan holding his head between his hands during that first half that summed up our game so far!

Just now, Hammo said:

This one is on Rodgers. Farting around with formation for no good reason and confusing everyone.

I don’t think the formation is the problem. 4-2-3-1 hasn’t delivered the goods for a while either.

The problem is we aren’t pressing high enough up the pitch, plus the Mendy/Ndidi combination, which I have to say I find bizarre.

Also we are badly missing Ricardo, obviously. 

One of the worst first half performances I’ve seen from us, utterly dreadful and so lucky not to be behind. Has to be changes at halftime as this set up clearly isn’t working, no attacking threat whatsoever. 

Just now, Kopfkino said:

Despite Andy Hinchcliffe's multiple orgasms everytime Brighton complete a pass, it's just been a dire pre season game of football. 

And as we could all see under Puel, Ndidi and Mendy together is a recipe for nothing positive. How did nobody say to Brendan that the job became available for him cos the previous bloke played those two in midfield together. 

Yea he’s a dumb ****!

banging on about how much their forwards have touched the ball rather than ours... why can’t he acknowledge it’s because Brighton are playing so bloody deep and their forwards have so much space to run into... Brighton have only been ok but we have been poor. Hate these shit commentators

It’s hard to watch isn’t it? Just thankful we have some quality on the bench. Hopefully, we can hang in there until we make the changes. 

Personally id be happy if at halftime we took off Kel and mendy and put on Praet/YT and HB 

Was hoping for way more than what i've seen so far, bit confused on the teamsheet, Mendy and Ndidi seems odd... Then also playing Nacho and Vardy.. Different,.,

However i'm sure BR will see that his 1st choice changes wasnt that smart and will make better changes at half time. 

Something needs to happen, else we foooked. 

Edit And i'm usually the optimistic one 

Edited by Suzie the Fox
  • Like 1