Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Brighton Match Thread

We've struggled hugely against any side capable of pressing us high since the new year. 

We also are moving the ball so much slowly that it only takes a couple of phases of pressing before someone gives up and tries to make something happen by hitting it into a channel and we lose it. The fluid interplay and triangles from earlier in the season are nowhere to be seen. 

Perez, Tielemans and Praet for Mendy, Maddison and Vardy/Nacho and go back to 4-3-3/4-5-1. Rodgers generally loathe to change things at HT though. Hope we come out with a different tempo 2nd half, often these anaemic first half displays have carried over in recent times. 

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Brendan's reaction to that half of football:

Brendan-Rodgers-Liverpool-disappointment

Hmmm, doubt it. Get the feeling his overly positive comments in the press are actually how he feels which worries me.

5 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Done well to keep it goaless, a better side would have taken us apart. Hopefully can come out a different side, just no urgency, direction or plan it seems. It felt like Brighton were playing with more players.

Can't be that bad again can we? Thank God for 5 substitutes.

Unfortunately BR won't use 5 subs

Need to see some hunger in the second half, we need some more bite in midfield, Brighton have put in some tasty challenges and we need to match that, or we may get our just desserts and lose. The thing that boggles my mind is the appalling tactical decision not to turn the oven on until 42 minutes though. Dinner's going to be another 20 minutes. Gutted, and I've no one to blame but myself. :mad:

Guest ttfn

Performances and results in Rodgers’ last 20

games are as bad as Puel’s last 20. 

Rodgers rightly has a lot more goodwill behind him but people are kidding themselves if they’re attributing this to the suspension and restart.

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

What a happy and positive little bunny you are.

Not about not being happy it’s about knowing what will happen before it does. Look at that scum performance of a first half. I’m delighted to be at 0-0 as I said before.

Mendy should never play above league 1 ever again, he is utterly hopeless.

We would of been relegated before BR came in consistently playing Ndidi and Mendy midfield it dong ****ing work!

Barnes on YT on. Mendy off and Nacho off.

YT Ndidi

Maddison in hole(he’s not a wide player ffs 😡😡)

Gray Vardy Barnes up top.

You could have Ronaldo and Messi as our front 2 today and it would be the same, that midfield 4 how it is would not win a game in a month of Sunday’s! Absolutely embarrassing! ****ing change it Brendan before it’s over 😡😡😡

No Player was bad..but Team was poor, none of our ball players Wanted to Take the initiative,or Run at..or look for space..

Maddison and Gray should be at home ,running the midfield attacking prompts. There is Nothing!!!

Our triangles on the left,are too obvious and too near the line...I

Brighton are Chasing Everything and staying compact...

Gray might Need to come Inside more then be prepared to 2-3 quick runs..

Nacho,Vardy are getting nothing....

Soyuncu for me at present MOTM...