Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Chelsea Post Match

I know it's not the same without the fans in the ground to spur them on, but for God's sake please show some urgency... With 5 minutes to go why weren't we putting Ian on, maybe soy or Evans up top as well and putting the ball into the box? 

Someone said earlier that they look like they've been over-coached, and I don't think the dare to do anything on the pitch other than what they have been told. There is no risk taking or urgency. We are minutes away from getting knocked out of the cup and we're still passing it between the centre backs.... 

I was fairly pleased with the first half, but maybe that was Chelsea being poor. 

Second half was a copy of the Brighton game. 

It's very sad to see. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

Well some people actually think the football was decent under puel 

I’d say football was bad but he wasn’t a bad manager and made some good signings and changed the way we were going as a club. I respect him for that but we needed to move on.

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

And Kabbadi are actually very similar games.

Don't know if you've ever seen Kabbadi but it's quite fun  

And you hold hands, chase and touch each other.

We used to call that a foursome in the snake pit ...  and it was always followed by breakfast ...  :)

Just now, LCCFox96 said:

I was encouraged by the opening 35mins or so today. Yes Chelsea had rotated and looked disjointed but we harried and pressed them and forced the errors. We looked solid at the back and in midfield and worked a few nice openings in the final third. We looked a little more dangerous for having Praet and Perez in the side. It was better than Tuesday and that's as far as I'd go today.

When we have periods like that against a side with the quality and depth that Chelsea have, you have to make them count. And once again, we did not do that. As soon as Lampard made the triple substitution we looked poor again. I was hoping for a win today, or at least that we might find some form in front of goal. Some of our players need to wake up and get a grip or we can wave at 3rd place and 4th place and probably 5th place as they pass us by. Hopefully that game turns out to be another chance to get some playing time under our belts and we are able to step it up again at Everton.

I’ll be encouraged when we create a meaningful chance. It was all fart no poo for 35 mins but people are holding on to that as the reason we’ll turn it around (not saying you are personally!) 

the truth is we were up against their b team and looked OK. They brought players with an ounce of composure on and wiped the floor with us.

Just now, jeffschlupp said:

I thought we were decent, not great but decent. First half dominant barring one Chelsea chance, started slowly second half but Chelsea made some good subs. They took the sting out of the game with the water break and lots of substitutions but we dominated again the last 15 minutes or so.

I don't think we deserved to lose the game. I thought Youri was good. Praet, Soyuncu, Schmeichel all at their usual good levels. Justin decent going backwards.

Yes there are issues. Ndidi needs to get into form quickly. Chilwell is not capable of doing what Ricardo does. Barnes needs entrusting with another run of games, but I'm not sure there's enough time for him to get that.

Disappointing to be out of the FA Cup but they are a good side in good form. We have to move on. 7 league games to go and even if we lost on Wednesday, our fate would still be in our hands. I've got confidence we will get out of this in time to save the season.

Chillwell is not there to do what Ricardo does. That was Justin's role.

Praet and Ricardo are musts if this team is gonna do ANYTHING this season.

We're in the shlt boys.

Europa at best.

Just now, daddylonglegs said:

I’ll be encouraged when we create a meaningful chance. It was all fart no poo for 35 mins but people are holding on to that as the reason we’ll turn it around (not saying you are personally!) 

the truth is we were up against their b team and looked OK. They brought players with an ounce of composure on and wiped the floor with us.

I agree, that's basically what I said. We upped our work rate and created some openings but didn't capitalise. Lampard made the subs and we looked poor again. Our players need to wake up again.

Today was better than Tuesday, but it's a far cry from what we need to get results in some of our remaining fixtures. 

We genuinely weren’t as bad as people are making out. Yes we weren’t great but it was an improvement on the other games despite the loss. 

Tbh I was just dreading going to extra time to loose on pens. Let’s focus on the league now and hope united and Chelsea get to the final and pick up some knocks on the way. 

Just now, easilee said:

Chillwell is not there to do what Ricardo does. That was Justin's role.

Praet and Ricardo are musts if this team is gonna do ANYTHING this season.

We're in the shlt boys.

Europa at best.

If we are lucky at the moment i cant see where the next wins coming from.

3 minutes ago, Shamomoa said:

Did rodgers do an interview yea or no?!?!?

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers to BBC Sport: "I thought the performance was very good, much more like us in terms of tempo and speed and pressing.

"We know we can score goals, but in these first three games since the restart we haven't been as clinical at the top end. I was so pleased for the boys in terms of the performance.

"We just haven't been able to take those opportunities. We switch off for one second and they get the goal. I feel for the players because I think they deserved more than that.

On James Maddison's injury: "We'll look at that - he'll be a doubt (for Everton on Wednesday). If he's not fit for midweek he'll be fit for the weekend."

• Sad 1

Not sure where we go from here.

3 games since lockdown and we have looked so so poor. Lack creativity, barely a chance created in all 3 games.

Over reliance on certain players (Ndidi, Vardy, Maddison) who all look well off the pace albeit Maddison didn’t play. 

Think we need wholesale changes on Wednesday. Can’t be any worse than these 3 games may as well chuck the youth team in at least they would probably lift a leg

1 minute ago, Wet Trump said:

I think you must have clicked post before you completed the negatives.

I honestly think we're at that point where we just need to add some real quality. I've said it before a few times but a player like shaqiri on the left would suit us, Willain on the right and 1 or 2 centre forwards to start to replace vards.

I've stuck up for nacho but I think he needs to move on, as does Gray imo, Barnes needs some pressure to up his game, I'd rather have fuchs playing on the wing atm, at least he can whip in a ball

1 minute ago, Wakeyfox said:

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers to BBC Sport: "I thought the performance was very good, much more like us in terms of tempo and speed and pressing.

"We know we can score goals, but in these first three games since the restart we haven't been as clinical at the top end. I was so pleased for the boys in terms of the performance.

"We just haven't been able to take those opportunities. We switch off for one second and they get the goal. I feel for the players because I think they deserved more than that.

On James Maddison's injury: "We'll look at that - he'll be a doubt (for Everton on Wednesday). If he's not fit for midweek he'll be fit for the weekend."

Christ. 

Chelsea fan very much in peace here.

I can fully understand some of the comments on here and in truth at half time we should have been dead and buried. Thankfully for us we weren’t.

I really have enjoyed watching you lot for a few years but what’s abundantly clear once you get deep into your squad the strength no where near matches the quality in depth of many of the other clubs challenging for CL places.

For instance Wes Morgan. Been a great servant for you, I actually saw him play for Notts Forest against Weymouth in the FA cup in 2005. To have him anywhere near the fist team at age 36 surely is an issue.

Vardy to me has been an absolute diamond for you but a shit for every one else. He is fast approaching the end of career again been a great servant but the hard thing is saying thanks but your time is done. His movement is still there but that super acceleration is not  there anymore.

As for Chilwell I understand the anger but professional players don’t love the club in the same way as the supporters they very much are focused on far different things.

In closing you should have buried us in the first half but once half time came an the ability to change 3 players then it was always going to be different.

As an aside was the gusting wind the issue I thought it was ?

Be safe especially if what they are saying about the virus in Leicester is correct.

• Like 1

Just now, sishades said:

BR says that this result will give us confidence. !

BR talks far more shit than Puel used to, but doesn't get the criticism for it.

He'd have been more accurate to say that we badly missed the home advantage that a crowd would have given us and that he ****ed up by not bringing Nacho on for the last 30 minutes.

Just now, dobbylcfc said:

We really need a winger in the transfer window perez is defiantly not one  Tilemens form has been up and down this season as well we really miss ricardo as well.

I think Justin has done okay but he's not a complete wing back, more a RB imo. Tielemens is so slow, looks better when played high up the pitch but why didn't we see that when we spent the money on him

1 minute ago, Terraloon said:

Chelsea fan very much in peace here.

I can fully understand some of the comments on here and in truth at half time we should have been dead and buried. Thankfully for us we weren’t.

I really have enjoyed watching you lot for a few years but what’s abundantly clear once you get deep into your squad the strength no where near matches the quality in depth of many of the other clubs challenging for CL places.

For instance Wes Morgan. Been a great servant for you, I actually saw him play for Notts Forest against Weymouth in the FA cup in 2005. To have him anywhere near the fist team at age 36 surely is an issue.

Vardy to me has been an absolute diamond for you but a shit for every one else. He is fast approaching the end of career again been a great servant but the hard thing is saying thanks but your time is done. His movement is still there but that super acceleration is not  there anymore.

As for Chilwell I understand the anger but professional players don’t love the club in the same way as the supporters they very much are focused on far different things.

In closing you should have buried us in the first half but once half time came an the ability to change 3 players then it was always going to be different.

As an aside was the gusting wind the issue I thought it was ?

Be safe especially if what they are saying about the virus in Leicester is correct.

Vardy isnt done yet in pre season he was as quick as ever i think its the fact he gets sod all service anymore.

• Like 2