Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Chelsea Post Match

2 minutes ago, trabuch said:

There are some massive over reactions here. It wasn't a bad performance. I hate losing and goals are a worry, but we weren't that bad, particularly in the 1st half, when we absolutely bossed it.

I'm the first to shut down an overreaction but can we just quash this theory that we were good in the first half?

Gilmour kept giving us the ball which put us on the front foot, but we still didn't create anything clearcut. Don't let that make you think we bossed it or played well.

Gilmour was dragged and Chelsea didn't need to get out of 2nd gear from then on.

• Like 2

Guest ttfn

We played ok in the first half but Chelsea were all over the shop. Any half decent side would have been a couple of goals up at half time.

Second half we couldn’t respond to Chelsea starting to look like a competent top flight side.

People are still in wilful denial of the fact we’re one of the worst teams in the league and have been since Christmas. The only games we’ve won since the start of December are against sides in turmoil - either managerless, soon to be managerless or laughing stocks.

That Rodgers failed to address any of our numerous shortcomings in the 3 month break is incredible.

We don’t create chances which makes the football dull as ditchwater but most pertinently there is no absolutely no fight in this team. We’ve had out of form teams in the recent past but for the most part they’ve shown some fight. The second half today they rolled over as soon as Chelsea started to show an interest. And it’s the same every time we step foot on the field, if the opposition score first it’s game over. To Rodgers’ credit he brought on Choudhury who at least looks up for it, sadly he’s not got the quality right now to influence a game at this level.

We’re also clearly relatively unfit. Chelsea played on Thursday night and had far more In the tank than we did at the end. This has been a recurring theme since Christmas.

You can point at the table all you like but the reality is that a lot of the “bigger” sides have struggled and we were in a magnificent position to take advantage. If we finish outside the CL places this season is going to be a huge disappointment. 2 decent opportunities of winning a cup wasted. Out to a very poor side in one and with a whimper in the other.

Edited by ttfn

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think Lampard is looking like he’s going to become a very successful manager and that Chelsea next season will be a force to be reckoned with 

Yeh but he is assisted significantly by big 6 squad and a big 6 budget. 

Edited by funkyrobot
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

How about he’s the only one that’s actually scored a goal in our three games since returning. Only one that’s even come close. 

He’s actually been one of our better players. I don’t like all this matey stuff whether it’s Maddison and Grealish or Chilwell and Barkley, but our fans need to ****ing grow up. He’s a young lad. 

Absolutely dog shit just scapegoating another good young player. It’ll be Barnes next, judging by the comments on here. If that was Vardy or Albrighton, no one would give a shit.

He's ****ing shite. Simple as that. I'm grown up enough to understand that players have friends at other clubs and I've have been the first to clap Kante today despite being gutted, but it all comes down to his attitude. I can't stand him

7 minutes ago, easilee said:

Bull$hit..

How can Vardy play to his best if our players are not taking advantage of Vardy's best qualities ?

Im sorry on today's performance I have to disagree. He's much much slower, his first touch is much poorer, he's struggling to shoot. He has opportunities today, he's scored previously with much much less. 

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think Lampard is looking like he’s going to become a very successful manager and that Chelsea next season will be a force to be reckoned with 

On paper he's going to have a terrific team with a devastating front three.

Chilwell needs a ****ing flea in his ear. You have just been knocked out the cup after another crap performance and you think it's ok to be filmed laughing it off with the opposition. Look like you are gutted and that you actually give a shit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

No. Nowhere near that. We are looking awful right now, for sure. But he’s taken that squad to a quarter final and a semi final and third in the league.  But, without a shadow of doubt, he needs to step up to  the plate and make some big calls. So many big names out of form. So many players lacking confidence. This is where he earns his corn. 

He needs to get angry, too many smiles at the end. Some players do not feel the pain. Chilwell clear off great potential but rarely delivers

• Like 1

Toothless is about right. Here's the thing I don't get and maybe somebody can enlighten me. Yeah Vardy isn't scoring but is anybody actually supplying him with even half decent balls? For example, Chilwell makes that weak shot along the ground for an easy save, while a better ball would have been across the box to Vardy who was free and would have an easy shot. If he was receiving balls like that and missing shots I'd hands up say he's out of form and needs taking off. Or if somebody in midfield was firing consistently good balls into channels for Vardy to chase onto and he wasn't on the defenders shoulders and not making those runs yeah it would seem Vardy is off the boil. I just don't see him getting any supply. Which seems odd given he's basically our best goal scorer, you'd think everybody would be busting a gut just to get him on the ball. 

• Like 1

Just now, That_Dude said:

On paper he's going to have a terrific team with a devastating front three.

He also made the right call at half time, Brendan’s subs and general motivation seem to pedestrian in comparison. 

1 minute ago, Elsie Efsie said:

He needs to get angry, too many smiles at the end. Some players do not feel the pain. Chilwell clear off great potential but rarely delivers

I’m not sure getting angry does anything these days, apart from make us feel better as fans. He needs to get ruthless, though. He doesn’t have to be angry to do that. Just focussed. 

Guest ttfn
14 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

It doesn't help that when we have the ball in forward wide areas or hit the byline it seems half our players think the opposition's penalty area is made of lava. How easy must it be to defend against a side that don't commit to getting anybody in the box? 

Kasper comes out with some credit and I thought Justin had a semi decent second half, the rest were a bit much of a muchness and need a rocket up their arses because Christmas onwards has been worse than anything served up under Claude, and that's saying something. 

The closest we came to creating a proper chance was when Tielemans finally made a run into the box and mis-controlled it.

It also doesn’t help that we cross the ball into a packed area and everybody who hasn’t gone into the box (so effectively everyone)  is then 10 yards too far back to either pick up a second ball and put it back in quickly or have a shot. So we recycle the ball painfully slowly out to

the wing for another cross into the defensively  packed area where we have 1 attacker. And we rinse and repeat until eventually the opponents get a hold of the ball.

There’s no chaos in our play (with the exception of Chilwell dribbling the ball straight out of play). We’re way too easy to defend against.

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Praet was great today, really dictated play. Hope he's started against Everton. Ayoze and JJ seemed to link well too. Kasper immense as always.

Shame he always takes Perez off.

We lack attacking options as it is.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1