Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Chelsea Post Match

32 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

I'm the first to shut down an overreaction but can we just quash this theory that we were good in the first half?

Gilmour kept giving us the ball which put us on the front foot, but we still didn't create anything clearcut. Don't let that make you think we bossed it or played well.

Gilmour was dragged and Chelsea didn't need to get out of 2nd gear from then on.

Gilmour may have been shit, but you can only play what's there. And we did boss it. Evans's chance was as clearcut as you will get. Soy had a chance Barnes had a chance Vardy had a chance. We are not scoring and that is the problem.

Edited by trabuch

That’s what annoyed me the most! We winning the ball in good positions time after time and other than Tielemans we squandered every opportunity and we showed our lack of quality up top. Hopefully we can sneak the top 4 and invest invest invest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

I think Justin has done okay but he's not a complete wing back, more a RB imo. Tielemens is so slow, looks better when played high up the pitch but why didn't we see that when we spent the money on him

No idea it's weird maybe give him a go in the maddison role on weds but we also need someone who can take a bloody corner as well lol

9 minutes ago, easilee said:

Chillwell is not there to do what Ricardo does. That was Justin's role.

Praet and Ricardo are musts if this team is gonna do ANYTHING this season.

We're in the shlt boys.

Europa at best.

I think there has been an obvious tactical switch, Rodgers doesn't rate Justin going forward so he has tried to give that mantle to Chilwell.

Unfortunately Ben is shit beyond the halfway line.

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

BR talks far more shit than Puel used to, but doesn't get the criticism for it.

He'd have been more accurate to say that we badly missed the home advantage that a crowd would have given us and that he ****ed up by not bringing Nacho on for the last 30 minutes.

Nobody could understand what Puel was saying. 

• Haha 1

Our squad is just not strong enough. Having to play our strongest 11 every week first half of the season took it out of them.

goes to show now that with 5 subs we haven’t got a single player who can come on and change the game.

Big work needed in the summer. Flog chilwell for as much as possible and bring in Tierney, Lallana, Edouard, Demiral, Benrahma and William Carvalho ( or players of similar quality)

1 minute ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Our squad is just not strong enough. Having to play our strongest 11 every week first half of the season took it out of them.

goes to show now that with 5 subs we haven’t got a single player who can come on and change the game.

Big work needed in the summer. Flog chilwell for as much as possible and bring in Tierney, Lallana, Edouard, Demiral, Benrahma and William Carvalho ( or players of similar quality)

This

5 minutes ago, dobbylcfc said:

Vardy isnt done yet in pre season he was as quick as ever i think its the fact he gets sod all service anymore.

I didn’t say he was done what I said is I don’t see that super acceleration any more. In truth at 33 it’s not surprising. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Oh Brendan please dont do this. Nothing worse than a manager in denial.

I want to hear "We were bad, we all know we were bad and we will do everything to rectify it. We need to be quicker, slicker and more clinical. We will work our socks off to keep the top 4 but we cant carry on like this."

Coming out and saying it was a good performance. **** off.

Deluded blarney. All fur coat, no knickers. 

1 minute ago, dobbylcfc said:

No idea it's weird maybe give him a go in the maddison role on weds but we also need someone who can take a bloody corner as well lol

I think youri did far better at corners than Maddison who seems to hit floaters, the wind was bad today so you can forgive him a couple, i think Utd might think they dodged a bullet with youri but I think given the chance in Maddisons position he'd be class, but he won't get that chance unless madders leaves. 

I'd like to see us play with Praet, youri and madders in the centre to see how that worked out. 

1 minute ago, Terraloon said:

I didn’t say he was done what I said is I don’t see that super acceleration any more. In truth at 33 it’s not surprising. 

He's still the top scorer in the PL. Which is remarkable when you consider his recent form. I blame the baby. And the injury. 

8 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

I want to hear "We were bad, we all know we were bad and we will do everything to rectify it. We need to be quicker, slicker and more clinical. We will work our socks off to keep the top 4 but we cant carry on like this."

Totally agree! Show some blooming passion Brendan.  Be pissed off! He is really beginning to annoy me with his monotone shite. We were losing and you don't bring on kelechi? You take off Praet when he was one of our best? I'm mean what the hell? I actually don't think I can watch much more this season to be honest. Positives though we were better in the first half and It felt better but that's no good if you dont score. We should not be relying on full backs to score!

Edited by Hales
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

Are we allowed to say it’s time to drop Vardy ? I know he hasn’t had much service but christ his hold up play has been awful. Actually feel Iheanacho would offer us more at the moment

Don't be silly now !

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, easilee said:

That's TWO chances !!!

Vards should be having 15 chances per game, what the hell are you on about ?

Look at the player reviews on here mate. It’s not just me. Vardy was poor today on and off the ball. He hasn’t come back well since the season restarted irrespective of the lack of service he has got, simple as that. He’s a leicester legend but that doesn’t prevent him from getting criticised when he’s played badly. 

• Like 1

There is just nothing in the box at the moment. The keeper never gets challenged, the defenders don't get whacked by people going full pelt to try and score, we just drift the ball around, play it back, knock it long to the back post.

The first half was good, the pressing and harrying was there and poor finishing let us down. The second half was crap all round, terrible ball retention and so little threat going forward. Taking off Praet was odd unless he was struggling with a knock but the lack of urgency and belief in the past 20 minutes was all too familiar.

Individually, I thought Schmeichel was excellent again for the third game, Justin coped well, Praet was our best outfield player. The rest had glimpses of promise but so little quality.

Squad needs overhauling massively, as does the attitude. It is far too comfortable currently.

6 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Isn't this what some managers think is the right thing to say when they believe the team is struggling with confidence? Tbf if BR says, yeah we were a bit crap, and starts pointing out players that didn't perform, that's the beginning of a journey to losing the dressing room, that's exactly what mourinhio does. 

5 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I think youri did far better at corners than Maddison who seems to hit floaters, the wind was bad today so you can forgive him a couple, i think Utd might think they dodged a bullet with youri but I think given the chance in Maddisons position he'd be class, but he won't get that chance unless madders leaves. 

I'd like to see us play with Praet, youri and madders in the centre to see how that worked out. 

Me too but lets face it we aint going to see that

4 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Why on earth would Demiral want to leave Juventus and come here. If you listen to latest interviews he's loving it there, particularly extra training with Ronaldo. Benrahma looks decidedly mediocre and Edouard completely unproven. Tierney not wanted for a reason but Lallana good on a free. Is the type of player Carvalho is a priority?