Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Chelsea Post Match

Another year that the dream is shattered. So many chances wasted early on that we paid for in the end. 

Quite what Chilwell was smiling about, only he knows. Probably telling Barkley that he'll see him in the dressing room next season :(

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ForeverandEver said:

“If you don’t know where you are going....you might end up somewhere else”. 

For the last 3 games, not sure where we are going. 

Bend head forward until you are looking in the opposite direction to upwards. Simples. 

As stated Chillwell have a laugh with the Chelsea players is not on..

No guile in the final third again meaning Vardy was completely isolated. Our bench wasn't good enough either. Praet surely should've stayed on instead of Tielemans too.

I think we really need to bulk out the squad with quality when we start making transfers. We need threats and creators.

Massive game for our season and we did not deliver, once again.

Over the three games I have seen nothing from the squad or the manager to confirm our top 4 place. Panic button time this is. We ain't getting top 4, no FA Cup semi final and no League Cup final. Well and truly bottling this season.

It will be a massive disappointment if we don't get top 4 this season. Can't believe some of us recycle the "but you'd take Europa League at the start of the season" argument. That's not our point. After being in a commanding position for the majority of the season to see this shite (and lets be honest its been shite after Christmas) to see us not making CL can only be described as embarrassing and pitiful. 

I know its a cup game but those 3 performances confirm we ain't getting top 4. I don't mind if we lose the game, the CL qualification is far more important but where's the hunger, the desire, the slick passing and attacking threat we had before? We looked good first half because Chelsea were so poor. When Vardy is not on it we have no other attacking outlet. Everything Barnes touched today turned to shit. We are resorting to aimless hoof balling as we have zero ideas on how to attack and yet again, we ain't lobbing the kitchen sink in the final 10 minutes. I question the players' and manager's mentality because all I am seeing are bottlers. 

Let's pray we get a draw against Everton with them scoring an own goal. At this rate Vardy won't get his 100 PL goals this season let alone Golden Boot.

Everyone should be worried about how much of a sinking ship this season is turning into. How can anyone be happy with those 3 performances?

Just now, Voll Blau said:

Gruesome. Spurning chance after chance to win silverware and prove this era of our history didn't just involve a fluke title win.

Bottlers. The new Spurs.

Get a grip. You don't win the title with a fluke. There are 38 games in a season and we won by 10 points. We are all upset, but don't talk bollocks about our title win.

This new football is shit ! 

90 mins split into 4 and 5 subs ... only going to be one outcome BIG CLUBS COME OUT ON TOP . 

No quality, wide forwards have cost us dear . This season is running away from us . We look so poor in final third one worldie goal in three games hardly any shots on target . 

I fear we will be lucky with top 10, I think we’ll finish around 8th as I’ve saw nothing this season too suggest that this squad wins “BIG GAMES “ 6 pointers vs spuds , Man Utd , Sheff Utd spring to mind .. 

Business end off season are form is atrocious !!! 8/9 we’ll finish ....:

We're third in the league and people are calling for Rodgers head? The target at the start of the season was top 6 which is virtually certain. When Puel was here we were told we should be happy with 12th.

I don't like losing anymore than anyone else but let's have a little perspective please. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

The five subs settles the game 

no way would lampard have made all his subs at half time if he only had three .... so irrespective of the fact that West Brom have a better bench than we do, that rule makes all the difference 

oh and do you now believe me that chilwell is going there ???.

Definitely shows we need to improve the squad in the summer a few that are linked look exciting prospects but if are to step again into the champions league cauldron we really need to bring a few quality players in !

5 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I’m an extremely level headed and reasonable poster but chilwell laughing at the end has really ****ing pissed off. That little embarrassment can **** off ASAP he clearly does not give a shit. Stupid **** 

Ditto, and I'm trying my hardest not to react, but we've just been knocked out of the FA Cup. By Chelsea. Again.

Anyone who gives a shit about the team would be furious, as Vardy and Kaspar were.

They were the better team, certainly second half. And yet we looked more dangerous with less possession.

Counter attacking with pace is our forté and it's what won us the prem. Playing out of the back aimlessly and at times dangerously is not. Maybe we need to go back to basics.

Just now, ALC Fox said:

No guile in the final third again meaning Vardy was completely isolated. Our bench wasn't good enough either. Praet surely should've stayed on instead of Tielemans too.

I think we really need to bulk out the squad with quality when we start making transfers. We need threats and creators.

I can’t believe we kept Tielemans on

Watching him up against Rudiger was like watching a bloke play against a 10 yr old

He is so physically weak

• Like 1

Just now, CloudFox said:

Ditto, and I'm trying my hardest not to react, but we've just been knocked out of the FA Cup. By Chelsea. Again.

Anyone who gives a shit about the team would be furious, as Vardy and Kaspar were.

It just completely takes the piss. He is a joke and I hope we get rid 

We looked better without Maddison first half when Praet was on but Rodgers hasn’t got a clue which side to pick and having an out of form Ndidi, Vardy and no Pereira is not helping - neither of them have been a patch on their pre injury form and Barnes, Gray, Albrighton and sad to say these days Tielemans don’t look like first team players right now. Justin gives the ball away all afternoon and to add to that Chelsea looked fitter and stronger in most positions - lucky it was only 1-0 I guess but not looking forward to the last few games - will Rodgers have a job if we finish 7th?

1 minute ago, Hales said:

So Chilwell wasn't the worse player but we are going to sklate him the most as he smiled? That's the least of our problems?

I don't think it's that. All the fans are fuming after that and so are some players.. Kasper etc and straight after the whistle he's all smiles..? 

He's supposed to be a Leicester lad. At least try and look upset that we've lost. 

1 minute ago, trabuch said:

Get a grip. You don't win the title with a fluke. There are 38 games in a season and we won by 10 points. We are all upset, but don't talk bollocks about our title win.

I think that's his point - it's the perception that that was a fluke he's referring to want to disprove 

13 minutes ago, Leicester Tom said:

Rodgers is so stubborn and every other manager makes 5 subs in the game but he only ever makes 3.

You seen our subs today? Any change we make was going to make us worse, 6/9 were defensive players.

• Like 3

I don't know enough about attacking coaching to know what we need to do differently. But watching this Southampton team tear Watford to shreds every time they go forward looks so easy and really highlights how poor we are on the front foot.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Has anyone said Rodgers out yet :ph34r:

Are we allowed? lol

No. Nowhere near that. We are looking awful right now, for sure. But he’s taken that squad to a quarter final and a semi final and third in the league.  But, without a shadow of doubt, he needs to step up to  the plate and make some big calls. So many big names out of form. So many players lacking confidence. This is where he earns his corn.