Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Chelsea Post Match

7 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Look at the player reviews on here mate. It’s not just me. Vardy was poor today on and off the ball. He hasn’t come back well since the season restarted irrespective of the lack of service he has got, simple as that. He’s a leicester legend but that doesn’t prevent him from getting criticised when he’s played badly. 

Vardy rarely 'plays'.

He's there to hang off the shoulder and go for the cutting passes.

Besides, when Vardy does have to 'play' he's normally surprisingly good.

All I'm saying is, the last 3 matches I'v seen Vardy looking for the chances by pointing to where he wants the ball and NO-ONE has put it there.

2016 team would've slotted it in as SOON as they saw him pointing and a goal was more than likely on the cards.

This team,......nothing. They don't even SEE him pointing.

Our team is doing an England on him.

Edited by easilee

17 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Gilmour may have been shit, but you can only play what's there. And we did boss it. Evans's chance was as clearcut as you will get. Soy had a chance Barnes had a chance Vardy had a chance. We are not scoring and that is the problem.

You're talking about half chances and chances from crosses in to the boxes from set plays. 

Yes, you can only play what's there. We played a disorganised mess which is why we had any form of half chance, and we still couldn't score. What does that tell you?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Why on earth would Demiral want to leave Juventus and come here. If you listen to latest interviews he's loving it there, particularly extra training with Ronaldo. Benrahma looks decidedly mediocre and Edouard completely unproven. Tierney not wanted for a reason but Lallana good on a free. Is the type of player Carvalho is a priority?

We need another Ndidi as when he was injured we had no alternative and suffered massively.

As for the others I did say “or players of similar quality”

We are so poor at the minute. So many players playing poorly l. Ndidi has been awful since the restart. He can’t put a pass to a blue shirt. We need to shake things up or we’re in danger of imploding here. Is Rodgers at risk???

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, easilee said:

Vardy rarely 'plays'.

He's there to hang off the shoulder and go for the cutting passes.

Besides, when Vardy does have to 'play' he's normally surprisingly good.

All I'm saying is, the last 3 matches I'v seen Vardy looking for the chances by pointing to where he wants the ball and NO-ONE has put it there.

2016 team would've slotted it in as SOON as they saw him pointing and a goal was more than likely on the cards.

This team,......nothing. They don't even SEE him pointing.

He used to 'play' until Rodgers told him to do less running to conserve energy. The problem with that is that it was precisely that 'playing' and getting in other players faces that caused mayhem and chances together with pressing. Rodgers has replaced this with his own build from the back style. 

58 minutes ago, easilee said:

Albrighton was....cos he shoulda been on from THE START !!!!!!

Albrighton is average. He is nowhere near the starting 11. He offers nothing but work rate. We have a problem with creativity and he is absolutely not the answer: 

• Like 2

Just now, frany104 said:

We are so poor at the minute. So many players playing poorly l. Ndidi has been awful since the restart. He can’t put a pass to a blue shirt. We need to shake things up or we’re in danger of imploding here. Is Rodgers at risk???

He out-Kanté'd kanté today though lol!

1 minute ago, frany104 said:

Albrighton is average. He is nowhere near the starting 11. He offers nothing but work rate. We have a problem with creativity and he is absolutely not the answer: 

You're mistaken.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, frany104 said:

At the end of the game he was the only one creating anything 

• Like 1

I'm so frustrated because we started so well, pressing and winning the ball high up the pitch. Ndidi in control with Tielemans and Praet snapping about and Perez looking much more of a threat. It was Barnes and Vardy stunting our dominance and then as the half wore on they got in to it. 2nd half was just typical but we've not a single player I want to bring on, how is our squad so devoid of any quality? Praet should never have been taken off after 55 mins. He should have been given at least another 15 mins and Choudhury came on and was abysmal yet again. 

Albrighton did OK and seemed to free Justin up a bit more but overall we are so workmanlike once we lose our impetus in games.

Our only hope is we come up against a team in worse shape than us and we pinch a goal or two and somehow don't make our standard 1 defensive balls up a game and get a win. Maybe we string a few results together and stumble over the line but the reality is, we are so far away from being a top 6 team right now and I can't help but wonder whats the point of us qualifying for Europe anyway. We need a shake up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Choudhury and Albrighton were a waste of subs. Should’ve just bought Kelechi on for Praet or Tielemans and gone for it 

That’s the most disappointing aspect for me, we limped to a defeat, never really went for it like I would expect a team losing an FA cup QF to do. Where was the fight and spirit? compare it to the cup games years ago under O’Neill where we’d fight to the bitter end, today we surrendered so easily.

We’re just too soft, too nice, and way too easy to play against at the moment.

Another thing is, we seem to be being over coached, everything is unnatural. We don't shoot first time (see Barnes after 30 seconds or Tielemans 2nd half) we try these little flicks that never come off and leave us on the back foot, it's soul destroying.

That said, we aren't getting turned over either and we are probably over reacting about these 3 games due to how crap we've been in 2020 as a whole but I'm praying we turn it around, otherwise this supposed Rodgers era will be doomed.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Elsie Efsie said:

I think I watched a different game to you. When you lose and lose poorly like today you should be angry, not smiley and chatty, . If you lose but team played well you should be sad but happy you tried. Soyuncu, Evans, Schmeical, Choudry and Albrighton only ones giving everything. I like Wilf but he was poor today

well, looking at the the majority of the posts in this thread, I also think I watched a different game, ha.

I think without the crowd as well, it's a different atmosphere in the stadium, so Chilwell showing a bit of sportsmanship after the whistle doesn't bother me too much. I'm sure he's as disappointed as most. I just think it's a Cup game and that's what their all about, it's not the end of the world. No disrespect to the fans who would love to win the FA cup, i'm just not such a huge fan of the competition anymore. 

We're not doing the things that have got us where we are in the league anymore. The fast daring passing, the pressing, the quick one-twos. 

It's too sloppy and there's no creativity from the centre or out wide. We need a better plan than working it up to Chilwell so he can cross it to their Centre Backs.

I was really looking forward to the restart, but it hasn't delivered for us, but there are a lot of unhappy people on here blaming the team for the state of the world. 

Get a grip people. It's getting better. The break has affected us more than others. 

May I suggest more alcohol. 

Guest An Sionnach
22 minutes ago, easilee said:

Please, please please don't accuse us of playing like England otherwise all is lost.

32 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Isn't this what some managers think is the right thing to say when they believe the team is struggling with confidence? Tbf if BR says, yeah we were a bit crap, and starts pointing out players that didn't perform, that's the beginning of a journey to losing the dressing room, that's exactly what mourinhio does. 

Is it though? From where I'm sitting our players need an absolute reality check. Too many big egos turning up for a paycheck. Chillwell's reaction after the game says it all. We lack discipline, it's as simple as that.