Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Chelsea Post Match

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The thing is though, they are mostly half chances or falling to defenders. We have created fcuk all yet again for Vardy. Barnes had a few half sniffs where he miscontrolled but overall I think our whole style of play is now nullifying our attacking players and we've no clue or options to change it.

Season looks hugely in trouble.

Soyuncus chance was right on his head and he had a clear chance. Probably fluffed it as he wasn’t expecting it to come to him.

All opposition needs to do is cut off the supply to Vardy and they stand a chance of beating us. Worrying indeed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Im sorry on today's performance I have to disagree. He's much much slower, his first touch is much poorer, he's struggling to shoot. He has opportunities today, he's scored previously with much much less. 

How do you know he's much slower ? He had nothing given to him to prove he's just as fast.

How is his first touch much poorer ? He had no passes to show how his touch is !

How is he struggling to shoot ? No-one gave him opportunities to TRY to shoot !

He had ZERO opportunities today, you're talking shyte.

Where you do you even behind with this. I don't think I've seen a team come back from the restart as poorly as we have. Remember after the Watford game they were saying "we were the fitter team". Might be the case you're all fit, but you look like a team of strangers. 

Tactics wise, I don't even know what we are anymore. Mentioned here already but we've got Vards on the shoulder and nobody playing him early. Use him correctly or change his style as he's not adding anything like this. Further with this, he's so isolated due to having Wilf (plays deep) and two wide men so he has nobody in the middle to properly support. We looked our best with Youri and Praet who could fill that space and at least keep the game flowing. 

Individually, nobody has exactly shone in that game. Barnes for the goal we conceded is something you can't coach, that's just being daft. We had the chances when Chelsea messed about by playing their young players. Frank saw Gilmoure and Mount were ineffective and brought them off. Brendan meanwhile saw Praet being effective and brought him off. It's not some tactical masterclass, it's just keeping things that are working going and swapping out stuff that's not. How we didn't bring Nacho on at the end in a cup game when we need a goal is just stupid. This is classic over thinking. Special note to the attitude of some players on the way off. Don't Fuching smile when you've been dumped out the quarters of the cup please. 

Being kind, we have eyes on top four and we wanted to rest players (albeit ones who rarely start for Everton). I was worried about the two league interviews when Brendan said how good we were (better team etc). He's either deflecting or is deluded. I hope it's the former. 

Hopefully this provides some focus and we don't just stroll around against Everton. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, magoo said:

perez n yuri were crap waste of money why do we keep buying mediocre big money signings , rogers this is relegation for even pre covid 19 outbreak take a look at yerself

I think in one way you're correct, Tielemans had 3/4 of an amazing half a season on loan with us, his performance dipped but we took a punt on him amyway, I think he needs to play as an attacking midfielder which is where Maddison plays, as for Perez, I think he's a half decent CF, what we were thinking buying him for the wide right I don't know. I think we've gone to buying prospects rather than players we need to do a job

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

This is absolutely woeful and with games coming thick and fast we're ****ed. I reckon we might finish as low as 7th.

Yes I think 7th too potentially stuck in the Europe league meaning next season is over fixtured and we’ll struggle then too, especially if we lose key players and don’t get our recruiting right.

Just now, easilee said:

How do you know he's much slower ? He had nothing given to him to prove he's just as fast.

How is his first touch much poorer ? He had no passes to show how his touch is !

How is he struggling to shoot ? No-one gave him opportunities to TRY to shoot !

He had ZERO opportunities today, you're talking shyte.

Clearly you watched a different game. If you want I'll give you the minutes so you can watch the highlights of the actual game

Perhaps we don't have the type of players who have the right mentality, I'm not talking the fist pumping type!  It seems every time in these last 3 years or so we just fall short of what is achievable!  The team seems fragile and can't handle a whole season under pressure........ I think Rodgers knows this, I hope he will try and bring in some experience to help.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Shame he always takes Perez off.

We lack attacking options as it is.

Choudhury and Albrighton was so negative but our bench made it impossible really to improve things so why not mix it up a bit, maybe move Perez in the hole behind Vardy and put Gray on the right and leave Barnes on the left. There's your support for Vardy.

We'll really find out what Rodgers is about this summer. We need to add real quality, genuine competion for Vardy, and not be afraid to upset the so called leadership group. 

We need a switch to turn back otherwise we will finish sixth, at best. 

Criticised Rodgers in midweek for making subs too late but today I felt they were a little early, the first two anyway. I get that Praet hasn't played but he seemed ok, and was having a good game. 

No flexibility either, why not switch Barnes and Albrighton? Barnes finishing is woeful because most fall on his left foot.

I don't know how to feel about Vardy, I get we're not making him chances but he makes the same run every time, not easy to get right. Do feel he needs to do more.

1 minute ago, Mark said:

Choudhury and Albrighton was so negative but our bench made it impossible really to improve things so why not mix it up a bit, maybe move Perez in the hole behind Vardy and put Gray on the right and leave Barnes on the left. There's your support for Vardy.

Oh I agree. We've got Bennett, Morgan and Fuchs all on the bench. Perez behind is what I meant really. Shame he doesn't try that instead of just taking him off. No disrespect to Albrighton who's been great here but he's not someone I look at to change a game.

Pretty grim performance again for the most part, with the exception of a few spells in the first half when Chelsea were doing everything they could to give us a goal. The subs (theirs at half time and then ours, particularly Choudhury) killed us and showed again how painfully thin our squad is compared to those of our immediate rivals. Disappointed that the only player on our bench who I would actually back to make a tangible impact on the game in Kelechi didn't come on, especially given that Vardy spent the whole game alternating between chasing shadows and miscontrolling everything that came his way. In fact the only one I thought was less effective than him was Barnes, who wasted most of our promising openings in the first half and defensively makes Riyad look like an absolute ****ing workaholic.

Only real positives I can think of from that are that Schmeichel has come back from the break in superb form and Praet looked energetic and generally tidy. The main negative, and it's only a small one, is that we don't look in any remote danger of scoring a goal in the near future.

Also nice to see people getting themselves wound up over the shock revelation that players aren't as emotionally invested in the club as we are.