Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Chelsea Post Match

2 minutes ago, easilee said:

How do you know he's much slower ? He had nothing given to him to prove he's just as fast.

How is his first touch much poorer ? He had no passes to show how his touch is !

How is he struggling to shoot ? No-one gave him opportunities to TRY to shoot !

He had ZERO opportunities today, you're talking shyte.

He did have chances, a good one in the first half that he screwed wide of the far post and in the second half he had an ‘effort’ that would’ve got him hooked off in a parks football match for being half arsed.  

5 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

This is absolutely woeful and with games coming thick and fast we're ****ed. I reckon we might finish as low as 7th.

Can't see where a win is coming from. 

Can see the "Howe relief as Bournemouth edge out toothless Leicester" headlines even now.

6 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

All the real, true, die-hard Leicester football heads fuming at Chilwell because of showing sportsmanship at the end of the game, lovely stuff. It's the FA cup, that's what it's about. 

Best game we've played since the restart, spring board definitely possible from that performance against Everton.

Praet brought the balance to the team and allowed us to look forward more, unfortunately it didn't happen.

Tielemans and Perez just at the last second letting themselves down. 

Schmeichel, Soyuncu and Evans looked great, as usual. Great to see Soyuncu higher up the pitch shaping the game in the first half, not seen that for a while. 

Iheanacho should have replaced Vardy mush earlier, still unsure why that wouldn't happen. 

I think I watched a different game to you. When you lose and lose poorly like today you should be angry, not smiley and chatty, . If you lose but team played well you should be sad but happy you tried. Soyuncu, Evans, Schmeical, Choudry and Albrighton only ones giving everything. I like Wilf but he was poor today

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

All the real, true, die-hard Leicester football heads fuming at Chilwell because of showing sportsmanship at the end of the game, lovely stuff. It's the FA cup, that's what it's about. 

Best game we've played since the restart, spring board definitely possible from that performance against Everton.

Praet brought the balance to the team and allowed us to look forward more, unfortunately it didn't happen.

Tielemans and Perez just at the last second letting themselves down. 

Schmeichel, Soyuncu and Evans looked great, as usual. Great to see Soyuncu higher up the pitch shaping the game in the first half, not seen that for a while. 

Iheanacho should have replaced Vardy mush earlier, still unsure why that wouldn't happen. 

Did they really? I’m not saying they had a shocker but Evans was so wasteful in possession and Cags always looked liked he had a mistake in him. 
We didn’t have the cutting edge and still lack fluidity or ideas in the final third. When we do get into good possessions, again, so wasteful it’s unreal. Chelsea must have been pissing themselves at half time to play that badly and go in drawing. 

On to Everton. We’ll get behind the lads. I liked Praet in there today. Barnes not effective enough today and his touch was so so poor. I’d play Gray on the left. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, easilee said:

I watched....and I know what I saw.

You are talking rubbish !

And you need to take those blue spectacles off. Also telling people they are talking rubbish or "shyte" doesn't really help your cause. It's a forum, people have opinions 

Just now, funkyrobot said:

He did have chances, a good one in the first half that he screwed wide of the far post and in the second half he had an ‘effort’ that would’ve got him hooked off in a parks football match for being half arsed.  

That's TWO chances !!!

Vards should be having 15 chances per game, what the hell are you on about ?

Positive things I noticed. 

Kasper. 

Tielemens corners far better than Maddisons. 

Praet was brilliant.

Defensively Justin looks to be improving. 

Negatives. 

We have no wide players that can play atm, Gray looking our best option tbh. 

Vardy looks like he's struggling although following a break, it always takes him a while to regain his mojo so here's hoping. 

Chilwell looks like he has one foot out the door to me. 

In December we were creating chances at will, had a bye into the final of the league cup against a genuinely bad football team, still in the FA cup.

it pisses me off that me being fed up of how crap we’ve been since then is ‘unrealistic expectations’. It cannot be exaggerated that it couldn’t realistically have gone any worse since we beat villa in December. Absolutely abysmal. 

Just now, hejammy said:

And you need to take those blue spectacles off. Also telling people they are talking rubbish or "shyte" doesn't really help your cause. It's a forum, people have opinions 

What colour spectacles would you prefer ?

If you cannot see that these players are not utilizing our best asset, you are blind !

22 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I can’t believe we kept Tielemans on

Watching him up against Rudiger was like watching a bloke play against a 10 yr old

He is so physically weak

But look at our bench. Who can you really say you'd bring on and be happy with the shape (given Chelsea's 3 man midfield) and quality?

Our squad is just bad.

We had 2 centre backs, a left back, a goalkeeper, 2 defensive midfielders, 2 wingers (and they're not great wingers) and a striker on the bench.

If our best XI is not performing, generally any substitutions we make will undoubtedly make us worse/more defensive.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Kiss chase. 

And Kabbadi are actually very similar games.

Don't know if you've ever seen Kabbadi but it's quite fun  

And you hold hands, chase and touch each other.

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Positive things I noticed. 

Kasper. 

Tielemens corners far better than Maddisons. 

Praet was brilliant.

Defensively Justin looks to be improving. 

Negatives. 

We have no wide players that can play atm, Gray looking our best option tbh. 

Vardy looks like he's struggling although following a break, it always takes him a while to regain his mojo so here's hoping. 

Chilwell looks like he has one foot out the door to me. 

I think you must have clicked post before you completed the negatives.

Edited by Wet Trump
  • Haha 1

I thought we were decent, not great but decent. First half dominant barring one Chelsea chance, started slowly second half but Chelsea made some good subs. They took the sting out of the game with the water break and lots of substitutions but we dominated again the last 15 minutes or so.

I don't think we deserved to lose the game. I thought Youri was good. Praet, Soyuncu, Schmeichel all at their usual good levels. Justin decent going backwards.

Yes there are issues. Ndidi needs to get into form quickly. Chilwell is not capable of doing what Ricardo does. Barnes needs entrusting with another run of games, but I'm not sure there's enough time for him to get that.

Disappointing to be out of the FA Cup but they are a good side in good form. We have to move on. 7 league games to go and even if we lost on Wednesday, our fate would still be in our hands. I've got confidence we will get out of this in time to save the season.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, LukeFoxes said:

Did they really? I’m not saying they had a shocker but Evans was so wasteful in possession and Cags always looked liked he had a mistake in him. 
We didn’t have the cutting edge and still lack fluidity or ideas in the final third. When we do get into good possessions, again, so wasteful it’s unreal. Chelsea must have been pissing themselves at half time to play that badly and go in drawing. 

On to Everton. We’ll get behind the lads. I liked Praet in there today. Barnes not effective enough today and his touch was so so poor. I’d play Gray on the left. 

Yes I have to agree and back down on Jonny Evans his passing was awful. To many smiles tho, some players don't feel the pain of losing lamely.

I was encouraged by the opening 35mins or so today. Yes Chelsea had rotated and looked disjointed but we harried and pressed them and forced the errors. We looked solid at the back and in midfield and worked a few nice openings in the final third. We looked a little more dangerous for having Praet and Perez in the side. It was better than Tuesday and that's as far as I'd go today.

When we have periods like that against a side with the quality and depth that Chelsea have, you have to make them count. And once again, we did not do that. As soon as Lampard made the triple substitution we looked poor again. I was hoping for a win today, or at least that we might find some form in front of goal. Some of our players need to wake up and get a grip or we can wave at 3rd place and 4th place and probably 5th place as they pass us by. Hopefully that game turns out to be another chance to get some playing time under our belts and we are able to step it up again at Everton.

4 minutes ago, Frost said:

Barnes cannot control a football. Four horrific touches in the first 10 minutes. Christ.

He's so frustrating. I get it, he's young. The first chance inside 20 seconds he should have hit instead of trying to control it.