Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Everton Post Match

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

He had a chance in the first moments of last 2 games we've had and he's fluffed it both times. He's our main goalscorer. He has to be clinical.

They were the ONLY moments !

It's not good enough.

In the past three matches I've seen clear through-ball chances that Vardy would score from 9 times out of ten.....but they were not seen and wasted.

First half was woeful. Slow out the blocks and 2-0 down. Second half was an improvement on the last league game vs Brighton, because firstly we made some changes to our shape and system and secondly we created a few opportunities and took one of them. Ancelotti made some changes and managed the game well to take it beyond our reach. I liked some of Iheanacho's play today - he should be starting right now.

Very disappointing to have very little to show for ourselves again. From the opening 3 fixtures vs Watford, Brighton and Everton, I'd have hoped for 6 or 7 points. To have 2 points when all of our challengers in Wolves, Man United and Chelsea have taken maximum points or gone unbeaten is quite simply not good enough. We need to respond to the surging form of those around us and we needed that response at 6pm tonight. Palace at home for me is Rodgers' last chance to get it right in terms of keeping the fight alive for Champions League. Once the teams go past us, we'll never overhaul them again at this rate. I want to see an aggressive pressing style and some energy and movement off the ball. Show a bit of fvcking fight!

• Like 1

Dropping Maddison deeper was a poor decision by Rodgers, I'd agree. Maddison was causing so many problems for Everton, and then...he couldn't. Weird decision. We could have brought Choudhury on for Youri to inject some energy if we needed it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, sdb said:

he was also the only playing running forward for most of the game. Criticism he gets is a joke.

Felt like he was our best player and other than Kasper he has been in all four games.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Fair enough you’ve got your scapegoat. 

I am one of Chilwell’s biggest critics. Dislike his resistance to use his right foot and think he’s weak. Today he was fine and totally ****ed over by a formation which just became a mess 

In a way I feel sorry for Chilwell, he’s being fed much more than he should be. But that’s a problem with our tactics or maybe lack thereof.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

The reaction after we went 2-0 down says it all. It proves the point that it is not confidence we are lacking, if it was we’d have capitulated.

What we needed was a kick up the backside. It should have come from Rodgers ages ago, but instead it’s Man Utd’s form and going 2-0 early on in a match that made us realise we need to play with some tempo and urgency. For a brief period we looked a much better side.

Unfortunately it’s all too little, too late. We’ve given ourselves too much to do in that game and in the remaining fixtures, which are tough.

We haven’t got the quality to win enough of those games, but if we’d have shown the right intent in our play since Christmas we’d have been out of sight by now. 

This season is a huge wasted opportunity, we have lacked the desire to take it. When the effort was there in the middle period of that game and we played on the front foot, you could see what has been lacking in the 2nd half of the season.

Rodgers is totally to blame, his selection policy, poor motivational skills and negative tactics have come back to haunt us.

I don't see why BR is totally to blame at all? What pre Xmas he was good at motivating players, selection policy was great and had great tactics but but Xmas he forgot all of this? Its the players, Chilwell - all the talk of Chelsea probably gone to his head, Vardy has simply lost the plot and/or age has caught up with him, madders probably thinks he's better than he is, Ndidi has had a body swap, this is clearly not Wilf, Tielemens, well we should do him for false advertising. 

BR made a mistake with Kevin today though, Kevin should be starting for us. Also it sounds stupid but I reckon he's scared of dropping Vardy and infact desperately the team to focus all around him. 

1 minute ago, CloudFox said:

Dropping Maddison deeper was a poor decision by Rodgers, I'd agree. Maddison was causing so many problems for Everton, and then...he couldn't. Weird decision. We could have brought Choudhury on for Youri to inject some energy if we needed it.

Maddison didn't look fit at all. He was barely going past a jog towards the end.

Their first goal was literally the same as Chelsea's goal on Sunday. Which says to me we're not learning from our mistakes and that's worrying. Whether that's Rodgers or specific individuals I don't know but either way suffering from the same mistakes is not what you want to see from your side.

Cross from wide, attacking player untracked running in unchallenged and shooting first time with success. Carbon copy just from a different side. That's very frustrating.  

• Like 1

Sick of seeing Vardy pointing to his midfield where he wants the ball to go and is just ignored.

That is NOT a dip in form...that is players not playing to a predators wishes.

Edited by easilee

Better performances by some but does show we need to bring in some quality we may have Sh it the bed on our CL prospects but we’ve 6 to go and we can all hope other results go our way, poor first half defending for the first goal really unlucky for the penalty we allowed Everton too much time and space on the ball.

Brendan needs to come up with A plan B & C maybe a D too otherwise we’ll have some on here calling for his head, Maybe he just needs to bring in a few of his own players to change things around but he needs to do something ASAP to save our champions League dream and 3rd spot in the league that we’ve held onto for a long time now.

1 minute ago, easilee said:

They were the ONLY moments !

It's not good enough.

In the past three matches I've seen clear through-ball chances that Vardy would score from 9 times out of ten.....but they were not seen and wasted.

Our vardy usually only needs 1 chance though, at the very least he would have worked the keeper.  But I agree hes not the only issue,

I think our problems are mainly tactical issues from the manager, and tacical awareness from the players, vardy looks bad, which is a concern but nacho is looking handy so just swap them, or even better keep them both on the pitch, I have never been a fan of one striker formations.

• Like 1

Frustrating things is hold on against Watford and get the pen against Brighton we would be in such a more comfortable position now. Hard to see us cross the line for 4th place but you never know but palace is a game we need to win or we will be lucky to get 6th 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

We need to attack with more intent. We have wingers who offer nothing currently and a midfield thats so deep Vardy has no support. Second half Maddison and Iheanacho injected life into our attack. Either of the two need to be playing closer to Vardy.

But then how do you explain Vardy being poor even after they came on? 

3 minutes ago, bfox said:

In a way I feel sorry for Chilwell, he’s being fed much more than he should be. But that’s a problem with our tactics or maybe lack thereof.

Because we don’t have an outlet on the right as Justin is pants ? 

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Maddison didn't look fit at all. He was barely going past a jog towards the end.

I'd be surprised if he had trained much during the week to be honest, if he had that hip injection.

The fact we had to bring him on and he still made a difference says a lot about him, and about the team as a whole.

1 minute ago, SmuelMartin said:

We had 35 crosses and of that, 3 were successful (inc corners).

Why is that still the tactic??

This is the most annoying thing. We are a team of hobbits and we’re swinging crosses in like we’re a team of basketball players.

• Like 2

Heartbreaking.

The realisation that this is it, and we’ve blown it.

I think this is evidence that this team has at least for this season, lost its finesse. 

Is Rodgers to blame? Only partly in my opinion. The squad just doesn’t have enough to go the distance at the level we want to be at. The mistake today was dropping Maddison deeper but you’re damned if you do damned if you don’t because Albrighton was useless tonight going forward, so I can’t get on his back too much for trying to overload the attacking areas. 

It’s a confidence issue for me, the lads have caught the nervous bug, and although it’s something Rodgers should change, it’s tough if the players collectively aren’t confident. The season is over, and you can tell they’ve been playing like they’ve been defending their place in the top four, rather than confirming it.

I don’t think we will win again this season, the form is relegation form, and I’m bitterly disappointed, I’m not even angry, I feel sick that we’ve had the best opportunity to finish in the top four, we probably won’t ever get this again, and we’ve blown it. 

Gutted, absolutely gutted. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1