Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Everton Post Match

2 minutes ago, Riot Van said:

WE ARE 3 POINTS AHEAD OF WOLVES AND MAN U WHILE HAVING A BETTER GD.

ITS NOT OVER YOU MUGS.

But nothing positive has happened since the restart. 2 draws and a loss vs teams you need to beat.  All the teams vying for CL are beating the teams they should beat - except this one.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, peterborofox said:

Improved second half but that is only going to be expected. Not good enough overall. 

We don't offer much up top at all. I ask again, when was the last time an opposition made a half decent save? Honestly can't remember.

Reminds me of the shit run under Pearson in 2013. Didn't ever get thrashed but didn't score enough and nothing went out way either.

Need a rethink of formation or selection I think. 

was literally thinking of that run watching the game

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

No it’s because he had to get past a full back and a winger. If he had any support, he can play off them and get a yard of space 

No, it is clear that Chilwell cannot pass. He can dribble and run and I think he prefers to just have the space to himself. So having anyone in front of him (eg. Barnes) does not work.

13 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Top 4 no chance.  Thank god we’re not going down.  Think we need a major overhaul this summer - I despise Chilwell

Unless we get Champions League, we will likely only get more Bennetts and less Ricardos. :(

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

"Buck stops at Rodgers"

.....Before that, the buck stopped at Puel.

.....It stopped at Shakey before that.

...... Buck stipped at Ranieri too.

.......How many managers are this group of players going to go through before people start to realise that THEY might be the issue?! 

Rodgers has a share of the blame to take but some of our so called big players need ro step up when needed and they haven't been doing that. 

Well to be fair after the formation change things got better, which points to it been tactical in this game rather than the players.

The way I see it if a player does odd things, but "doesnt" get dropped, then the oddness is down to manager's instructions.  Manager's dont like it when their instructions arent followed.

Rodgers is a possession manager, so we seeing that with the sideways and backwards passing, lack of running at the other team etc.

Vardy is off the pace, but once he had support he started contributing in the build up play.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

Our players are not good enough.

Our bench is absolutely diabolical.

Our main goal scorer is going through a catastrophic dip of form.

Agree with first two points, but Vardy is not being fed.

Your first two points are WHY Vardy is not being fed !

I hope Sterling is watching because he will see why Cole has not got a managerial role yet, It is not due to him being a black man but because he has the tactical nous of an Iraqi conscript and is unable to string an audible sentence together !

• Like 1

Can we just fast forward to 2021 please.

I thought the first half of 2020 was bad. One day into the second half I feel even worse...

How on earth we contrived to lose that game is beyond me, but we just seem to find a way to cock everything up at the moment.

Rodgers is starting to look worryingly incompetent, as are most of the players, especially the No 9 (is that really Jamie Vardy? What’s happened to him ffs?).

Desperate desperate times...

Edited by Hammo

Just now, easilee said:

Agree with first two points, but Vardy is not being fed.

Your first two points are WHY Vardy is not being fed !

He had a chance in the first moments of last 2 games we've had and he's fluffed it both times. He's our main goalscorer. He has to be clinical.

Nacho changed the game. Clearly the formation needs changing from here on out - scrap the 433 wing play, it doesn’t work without wingers that can beat their fullbacks. 

Get Maddison playing as a no. 10 again, have Kelechi come short to pick up the ball. We looked so much better in that second half.

I believe in what Brendan is building here but if he goes back to a 433 against palace and we don’t win then I’m gonna start questioning a lot of his tactical decisions here. 

• Like 1

It’s an absolute embarrassment it takes us to be 2-0 down to start playing like that, do they not know they are only a few wins away from securing champions league?? 

Rodgers to blame again for me, its glaringly obvious a.) we aren’t scoring enough goals & b.) vardy needs some support up there - so to play Albrighton and Vardy up there on his own is just asking for more of the same, it’s ridiculous. We’ve already tried pretty much every midfielder / attacking player spread across the front 6 positions, we needed something different formation wise, some new ideas with more support going forwards!!! 

Edited by Ross 'LCFC' Turner
  • Like 1

Just now, Tom12345 said:

No, it is clear that Chilwell cannot pass. He can dribble and run and I think he prefers to just have the space to himself. So having anyone in front of him (eg. Barnes) does not work.

Fair enough you’ve got your scapegoat. 

I am one of Chilwell’s biggest critics. Dislike his resistance to use his right foot and think he’s weak. Today he was fine and totally ****ed over by a formation which just became a mess 

Buck stops with the manager though doesn't it. We've been out of form since December and he's not shown he can turn it around.

We're paying for failing to invest in decent wingers for the last 2 years as well.

Chilwell gets a lot of stick but at least he shows positivity.

Passing it around in the centre circle with seconds left sums it up really.

Nacho looked decent when he came on and for me has to start against Palace.

But we've bottled this big time. Can't see any way we're going to finish top 5 let alone top 4. We've let a golden opportunity slip through our fingers. Champions League should have been a formality from our position and we've bottled it.

Edited by Tuna

4 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Rodgers need to sort out our tactics and formation.

Said before the game, we need to play two up front with Nachos (or Barnes if he can get his act together and drop back to help the team to bring the ball up). Play Maddison behind the front two and dare I say maybe drop Ndidi for Praet. We need a “Kante” like DM to protect the back four and be able to get the ball out of our half. Ndidi was getting better before his injury but he has gotten back to his older self in recent games. Maybe it is time to give Praet a go in that position.

Not looking forward to Brendan's spin after this one.

"I thought we dominated" - yes for 10 minutes after we bloody went 2-0 down. \

"I thought we were good" - compared to the last 2 league games yes - but only marginally!

"We're getting up to those levels" - the levels just above the bottom three? -

"We created chances";  yes but we only scored once!

"They're a good side".  No. They're as average as we are! 

Edited by oxtonfox
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Last 20 minutes of that game was an absolute disgrace. Had them on the ropes so we slow the tempo down and drop our most dangerous player in Maddison deeper so we can accomodate a bang average player in Perez. Then revert to knocking the ball around the back 4 before an aimless hoof into the box. Absolutley pathetic. Really starting to understand fans from Rodgers former clubs questioning his tactical nouse now. 

yeah the final tactical switch was odd.  

In isolation it wasn't the worst performance but combined with the others it shows up our continuous problems. 

I genuinely couldn't pick a side I would like for the Palace game. So many issues that which ever way you go someone shit has to play. 

7 minutes ago, Frost said:

I'm also left wondering how Harvey Barnes sleeps at night. Should be forced to drink Red Bull & coffee for 3 days straight because f*****g hell he stole a living today. Incredible.

I genuinely forgot he played today! Had to check he was in the starting line up after reading this. Not even kidding 😂

2 minutes ago, Riot Van said:

WE ARE 3 POINTS AHEAD OF WOLVES AND MAN U WHILE HAVING A BETTER GD.

ITS NOT OVER YOU MUGS.

Yes mate but we are playing shit football while they are not and we were about 8-10 points in front of them not long ago. I'm trying to be positive but the shite football doesn't help. We should beat crystal palace on Saturday but who knows, Realistically we should win but probably get smashed by a couple going by the way we are playing.... lets just hope for a miracle ay!