Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Everton Post Match

The slow build up is killing us and ruining Vards. It's okay to play direct Brendan. How about playing it direct early in games to try and gain the lead and then playing keep ball? Nullify the opposition rather than our own attack 

• Like 1

nacho really tried, his only thought was going forward.

will we keep 442, or back to 4141 nonsense next game.

also change of formation not enough, we need to cut down on the tippy tappy, lots of forward passes were available but not taken.

• Like 1

I'm content for Top 4 if we keep Nacho on and make it a top 2, with a back 3. It suited us well in defence and attack and made us less predictable like we have been for so long. Maddison must stay in the 10 role too and not running into the flanks or sitting on the halfway line. 

Last 20 minutes of that game was an absolute disgrace. Had them on the ropes so we slow the tempo down and drop our most dangerous player in Maddison deeper so we can accomodate a bang average player in Perez. Then revert to knocking the ball around the back 4 before an aimless hoof into the box. Absolutley pathetic. Really starting to understand fans from Rodgers former clubs questioning his tactical nouse now. 

Edited by South Shire Fox

We played well enough, didn't deserve to lose and one day a handball decision will go in our favour. It's really frustrating given Everton are wank. 

We were in control of the game, they score a well worked but poorly defended goal, then get a bit fortunate with Ndidi handballing and you just can't give an Italian manager a two goal lead to defend. We came out well but didn't make enough and then Brendan was too slow to get some width on once they'd packed the centre. We really are suffering with the lack of consistent quality in the squad and we desperately miss Ricardo, Justin isn't good enough yet. 

Realistically it feels like it's between us and Wolves for 5th and Man City's appeal being rejected. Thrown it away with the results at Norwich, Watford and home to Brighton. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mark said:

For all our better play second half our goal came off a freak deflection from a clearance and the closest other chance was Keane almost passing it into his own net

true but thats what happens when you put bodies in the box.

Guest bennytwohats
1 minute ago, LinekersLugs said:

Don’t be stupid we battered them in 2nd half ! They hung on 

I don’t think it’s meant to be a dig at Brendan but Ancelotti did really. Every time we were on top they made a change to nullify us, and in the end we couldn’t find a way. I think it’s a fair comment

2 minutes ago, bfox said:

Chilwell passing back with about 7 seconds left. Absolute specimen. Everton were shite did **** all apart from the first 15mins and we still couldn’t create and the only goal was a lucky deflection 

Chilwell basically had nobody in front of him. All game. Don't ever play Barnes in front of him again because he offers Chilwell fvck all.

It's the managers fault we're passing back with 7 seconds left. They were all doing it.

• Like 1

I never seen a team look less bothered they are losing in the final 10 minutes than this one. Chilwell pisses about and crosses to nobody, nice passing along the halfway line with 10 seconds to go. Plus this tactic of playing high crosses to short players then wondering why it gets cleared by tall defenders.

I've reached the conclusion that they aren't particularly bothered what happens now. Just to decide whether I am.

• Like 1

There's been too much passing between the CB's since the restart.  Justin's a liability when it comes to going forward.  Out of Tielemans, Praet and Madders they're either hurt or not fit enough.  No one else in that position can advance the ball.  Doesn't help that Vardy has been MIA either.

Biggest concern is I think Vardy might actually be done. Normally it's the 'he's isolated' excuse which I can agree with but right now he can't hack it. Most touches/passes/runs look laboured. Kel has to start next game.

If we finish in the Top 5 it'll be an absolute miracle.

• Like 2

1. Barnes is the future... yet why fors it take 6 games for him to get going.  Does he play better when chilly isn't on,?

2. When we have possession and csnt break them down then right and left backs have to get round the back.ricardo is great... chilly us slow to edge fwd.

3. We need to mix it up and shit the ball faster.

Played well without really testing the keeper again.

Plenty of hopeful balls into the box, some good build up play, but again no cutting edge, 3 shots on target 1 of which the goal was a deflected clearance  off nachos face! Says it all really.

Same as chelsea really everton were bang average 2 shots on target, 2 goals, nothing special, we are too easy to beat!