Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Everton Post Match

2 minutes ago, sdb said:

he was also the only playing running forward for most of the game. Criticism he gets is a joke.

He's always been slated and it's embarrassing for our fans. I don't think Chilwell has ever been given support by our fans and literally anything will used against him.

Fully deserves to move on, we and he will get a good deal from it. And I hope he scores in front of the Kop and does a a Vardy whilst we have to watch someone worse replace him

• Like 2

@UniFox21 sorry, the main thread shut down. We had possession yes but that was Everton’s tactic. They got their goal and sat back. Allowed us to have it. Played it very well. If we had played well, we would’ve had at least one shot on target in the last 15. We didn’t test Pickford. That makes Everton the better team, they ran and dictated the game and tempo.

• Like 3

Zero ideas again, losing my mind.

can we please start passing through the middle.

Nacho made us a lot better coming on.

Think we're all in agreement we have bottled Champs League and I have the feeling we will lose our top players as a result.

Golden opportunity pissed up the wall.

• Like 2

Remarkable continuity in the shite performances and Rodgers still with no solution.

I won't blame VAR, we deserved nothing from this game. A good 20 min spell in the 2nd just ain't enough. On a side note, either play Vardy and Nacho, or drop the former. 

Just now, tickler28 said:

Do you know what summed that match up.....Chilwell passing it back to Soyuncu at the end....all I saw Chilwell do is either check back and pass it to someone or hoof it aimlessly.....take the money from Chelsea spend it on a decent midfielder and play Fuchs

His athleticism is his best attribute. Rest of his game is average at best. I honestly just acknowledge the attack is over as soon as it’s worked out wide to him. 

Usually see positives me but that game has broke me

Without Ricardo we look so poor down that right, Justin may come good in time but by god he doesnt look prem standard at the minute

As much as Maddison changed the game slightly, his shooting is attrocious

God knows whats happened to Vards

Albrighton should never have started, as much as hes loved by us all, his hopeless lumps into the box are killing my eyes

I feel thats the game that has put the nail in the top 4 for us, and you know what im genuinely fine with it, there is not a chance we deserve it after our form since Xmas, its clear we need a crowd behind us to get us going, the fact that we had 30 seconds from the end to get the ball forward and we are knocking it about at the back sums us up at the minute

Also genuinely forgot that Barnes was even playing until 35 mins in

Edited by copunk

Just now, CloudFox said:

The VAR inconsistency confuses me. Coleman makes his body bigger because of where his hand is, and that stops the ball. Why is that not a hand ball if VAR looks at it?

3 minutes to decide the first one was a pen and doesn't even look at ours. Technology wasn't improved the game at all.

• Like 1

Momentum is massive in football, we should know that better the anyone after the title win, which was built on the momentum of the great escape.

This reminds me of the end of season under Taylor, the way we are playing this could become serious with the short turn around. 

Am I the only one that thinks Rodgers wanted to go to Arsenal and the club blocked it, since that moment the wheel have come off, I think he has lost the players.

Look at the body language of Vardy, looks totally disinterested...........

Edited by coolhandfox

4 minutes ago, maynefox said:

Season over as far as I'm concerned. We can't keep playing football for 45 minutes. Buck stops at Rodgers. This restart has been shambolic. 

Said it after the Chelsea game we ain't getting top four and that hasn't changed my view. To bottle the top four in our fashion is embarrassing and a failure. Don't care what you say about "you'd take top 7 start of the season". That's a small minded mentality, I'm afriad. Top 4 should have been ours. 

"Buck stops at Rodgers"

.....Before that, the buck stopped at Puel.

.....It stopped at Shakey before that.

...... Buck stipped at Ranieri too.

.......How many managers are this group of players going to go through before people start to realise that THEY might be the issue?! 

Rodgers has a share of the blame to take but some of our so called big players need ro step up when needed and they haven't been doing that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Top 4 no chance.  Thank god we’re not going down.  Think we need a major overhaul this summer - I despise Chilwell

Best player on the park for us today. 

No danger cane on his flank which included a brilliant recovery sprint and tackle on Iwobi. Had to play the entire second half with no left winger. When you are square of the box with zero support and facing two defenders.

First goal is a defensive shape disaster again. Justin is caught out of position. So Evans tries to compensate. By which time he’s left it to Albrighton. Half of our defence out of shape. Chilwell has to cover for Iwobi and Richarlison. 

Second goal - hard lines on Wilf but it’s handball. 

Our goal had a strike of luck - but proved how if you put defence under pressure you get rewards. 

These drink breaks are a ****ing joke btw. But as soon as he put Maddison deeper it lost us the game. We’d have to go wide on their shape by doubling up with our full backs. However we had no left winger and Albrighton doing the job of a scarecrow. 

Kelechi’s performance showed how clever he can be. He kept coming short pulling Holgate out of the back line. Hence why Ancelotti went three at the back 

• Like 3

Probably the best we’ve played since the restart and before but far from good enough.

I don’t get this slowing the games down and sideways play. Our team is about pace, use the ****ing pace.

I’m getting rather sick of saying it.

We’ll be lucky to finish 6th.

Some harsh words need saying amongst management and players on top of that a few of them need to take a long hard look in the mirror and have a few words with themselves.

Benteke hat trick Saturday anyone?

• Like 1