Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Everton Post Match

1 minute ago, CloudFox said:

The VAR inconsistency confuses me. Coleman makes his body bigger because of where his hand is, and that stops the ball. Why is that not a hand ball if VAR looks at it?

How does he make his body bigger - his arm is hanging by his side ........where else do you want him to put it ......plenty of ‘dodgy’ decisions against us since Xmas but that wasn’t one of them ....

• Like 1

Just now, dynamark said:

Be honest chiwell gets a lot of ball but teams let him nothing comes of t he couldn't cross the road.

Credit to Nacho who showed for the ball and that's about it very poor.

No it’s because he had to get past a full back and a winger. If he had any support, he can play off them and get a yard of space 

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

3 minutes to decide the first one was a pen and doesn't even look at ours. Technology wasn't improved the game at all.

Not only that, but think of all the handballs opposition players have done in games against us, and how many have been given?

I can't think of a single one.

Teams are now absolutely happy to flood the middle and let us prat around with it on the wings, especially without Ricardo to hurt them. Did we even win a header in the box from any of those many centres/crosses?

It looked (and probably was) the best we’ve played since the re-start, but that’s only because teams are happy for us to have the ball there knowing we won’t hurt them by putting it in the box. 

Maddison blasting the ball as hard as he could out of play instead of playing a simple pass to the right was a real worry in terms of body language. He’s had enough.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HitchinFox said:

I know the knee-jerk reaction is "we're shit" and "goodbye Champions League".

But we were actually much better in the second half than we have been since lockdown. Everton had nothing.  

Have faith. Brendan will sort it. 

Yeah, keep banging that drum.

1 minute ago, HitchinFox said:

I know the knee-jerk reaction is "we're shit" and "goodbye Champions League".

But we were actually much better in the second half than we have been since lockdown. Everton had nothing.  

Have faith. Brendan will sort it. 

Our goal was an Everton clearance, our second best shot was an Everton clearance. 

Just now, easilee said:

We are in 3rd place ffs !

European football on the cards !

Yet we are doing our best to phuck it up !

What is the issue here ?

Has Brendan lost the dressing room.......HOW ????

Our players are not good enough.

Our bench is absolutely diabolical.

Our main goal scorer is going through a catastrophic dip of form.

We have to be quicker.  I've come to the opinion that Chilwell could be brilliant if he stopped thinking about what ball to get into the box and just got it in there.  By the time he's made his mind up their defence is set.  

Of course, Chilwell could be helped by the likes of Maddison, Perez, Tielemans and others actually venturing into the box as well.

Nacho has to start as part of a front two.  Vardy can't do it on his own and we have too many players hanging around 25 yards out hoping to score a worldie.

Get the ball and some players into the box!

Improved second half but that is only going to be expected. Not good enough overall. 

We don't offer much up top at all. I ask again, when was the last time an opposition made a half decent save? Honestly can't remember.

Reminds me of the shit run under Pearson in 2013. Didn't ever get thrashed but didn't score enough and nothing went out way either.

Need a rethink of formation or selection I think. 

I'm actually gutted that we're going to end up throwing away the CL place. 

I know it sounds sad, but in the midst of a depressing as hell period in the world, football coming back was a big positive I had hoped would cheer me out of this slump. 

But no, City have to somehow be the worst team post lockdown and throw away the first brilliant half of the season.

Feeling miserable. Hating life right now. FFS.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Rodgers need to sort out our tactics and formation.

Said before the game, we need to play two up front with Nachos (or Barnes if he can get his act together and drop back to help the team to bring the ball up). Play Maddison behind the front two and dare I say maybe drop Ndidi for Praet. We need a “Kante” like DM to protect the back four and be able to get the ball out of our half. Ndidi was getting better before his injury but he has gotten back to his older self in recent games. Maybe it is time to give Praet a go in that position.

5 minutes ago, Wakeyfox said:

Got to play nacho and vardy up top with madderz behind. 

3 at the back. 

Pray Palace are worse than us on Saturday 

I agree with all points though we shouldn't be praying for Palace not to turn up. It might be better if we play somewhere else other than the Gift Power (King Power).

• Like 1

My team for Palace:

Kasper

Justin Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Ndidi Praet

Gray Perez Maddison

Iheanacho

Vardy on the bench

Interchangeability with Maddison and Praet, Maddison and Perez, Gray and Perez, Iheanacho and Perez.

Fluidity, invention, quick passing. In theory.

1 minute ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Teams are now absolutely happy to flood the middle and let us prat around with it on the wings, especially without Ricardo to hurt them. Did we even win a header in the box from any of those many centres/crosses?

It looked (and probably was) the best we’ve played since the re-start, but that’s only because teams are happy for us to have the ball there knowing we won’t hurt them by putting it in the box. 

Maddison blasting the ball as hard as he could out of play instead of playing a simple pass to the right was a real worry in terms of body language. He’s had enough.

Been like that for months. We were playing well when teams let madders and youri have space in the middle and let us play it through. Now and it’s a pretty standard blueprint every team is adopting to tackle it and it’s just force it out to Chilwell or force it back.  Not sure Or I at least can’t see anything to counteract it from BR. Ricky P is a big miss as he at least has the quality to create from the wing regularly.

• Like 1