Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Everton Post Match

Guest bennytwohats

Played well in spells. Let down by two brain farts. On balance we can feel pretty hard done by to have lost that. Ancelotti is pretty shrewd at defending a league.

Absolutely infuriating, and the above is no consolation as we are on the brink of giving up top 4 now

Before people come on here saying we bossed it.....no. We had a lot of possession. We didn't test the keeper in the last 15/20 mins. Absolutely useless. 

Can't put a simple pass or shot on target. Not good enough.

Let's get one thing straight. We were excellent for 15 minutes. And that was due to Kelechi getting on the ball. Nobody else. Including that show pony maddison who is so crap it hurts. 

I don't blame the manager. But I do worry that he will come out and say we deserved something. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Like I've always said start 2 up front! We looked more dangerous with 2 up front.

And why do we just knock it about when we're losing the game in extra time. Get Morgan on and lump it long. We ain't gonna threaten them just knocking it around the centre circle.

• Like 1

Just now, Vacamion said:

We've regressed to below the mean.

We dominated that 2nd half, Everton hardly had any chances and we've still lost.

Debatable peno I thought.

Vardy is a massive worry.

And Jamie Carragher can get tae fook.

Dominated a half where Everton give up possession to sit back, that’s not a great accomplishment.

Maddison and Nacho have to start against palace and possibly time for Barnes to be benched for Gray. Dominated the whole game but as usual created nothing. Pickford not a single meaningful save other than the one off Evans which was prob offside anyway. Caballero didn't make a meaningful save and neither did Ryan as far as I can remember. Love Vardy so much but he has been useless since restart. Cant keep blaming the service when hes not contributing anything at all to the build up play. 

Vardy looks done. I hate to say it however how has he gone from the form he was in to what he is now? 

I’m not sure why we took Youri off. We didn’t need N’didi at that point. Tielemans is a player that is capable of unlocking a defence. N’didi could hardly pass a football before this season. 

JJ isn’t ready. How bad must Amartey be? 

I thought it was a penalty personally, however it’s the inconsistency that really, really grinds my gears. 

• Like 1

We've gone from one of the most dynamic deadly attacking teams to one of the shittest in the leagues.

The 20 good mins we had in the 2nd half do not make up for the shit first half. Seems Brendan doesn't have a clue how to get them playing effectively or they aren't bothering to listen. Why do we play so many ****ing crosses when none of them work, it is ridiculous. Basically give the ball to Chilwell and hide so he has noone to pass to and has to cross it. No runners, no triangles. ****ing crap.

Need Brendan to get angry, stop trying to be everyone's best mate and get us European football ffs. This is our best shot and we are bottling it.

Edited by lgfualol
  • Like 1

I thought we deserved a point, the penalty, was unfortunate, we had just as good a shout down their end that VAR didn't even look at. second half was the best we've played since the lockdown. Anyone blaming Chilwell doesn't know what they're talking about.

• Like 4

Season over as far as I'm concerned. We can't keep playing football for 45 minutes. Buck stops at Rodgers. This restart has been shambolic. 

Said it after the Chelsea game we ain't getting top four and that hasn't changed my view. To bottle the top four in our fashion is embarrassing and a failure. Don't care what you say about "you'd take top 7 start of the season". That's a small minded mentality, I'm afriad. Top 4 should have been ours. 

• Like 4

Iheanacho gets some praise for me though. Changed the game and showed some urgency along with Maddison in his short cameo. 

Top class finish to angle the header in to the goal away from defenders :ph34r:

Could have grabbed a 2nd though had he kept that shot down. 

Some of our players looked knackered towards the end though. Wonder if Fuchs and Hamza will start on Saturday. Chilwell and Ndidi were spent. 

Just want to fvcking win on Saturday!! 

Just now, LinekersLugs said:

Don’t be stupid we battered them in 2nd half ! They hung on 

We did nothing after Ancelotti made his tactical change. BR needed to make another not change the personnel but continue doing the exact same thing.

Ancelloti tactically killed the game, with help from the referee made the last 20 minutes stop start. Better but we are never going to break teams down without an alternative type of player. Didn't even try getting it forward quicker late on. 

Good to know handball rules only apply against us too. Coming from behind seeming impossible without fans, allows teams to shut up shop without abuse and nervousness from the fans. 

Have to beat Palace, simple as that. 

Inevitable result- not even disappointed any more. I'd probably feel differently if the players looked like they gave a ****.

Looking forward to Rodgers telling us we played well and were unlucky for the 12th post-match interview in a row. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Shite again first half. Never got going and formation was poor. 

2nd half changes made a difference before Richarlison went off for them and that actually helped them. They went defensive and saw the game out with ease really. 

I fear for Saturday coming up against a well organised defensive side in Palace. Can't see us scoring.

So many players out-of-form how do we expect to get much from a game?

Palace and Hodgson's extinguisher football not the ideal opponents on Saturday