Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Everton Post Match

Guest bennytwohats
Just now, Vestan Pance said:

I hope I'm wrong but this is starting to have similarities with the Peter Taylor reign.

Mate have a word with yourself. We are battling for a champions league place. This is an embarrassing comment

Probably a 10 minute spell of real football in the second half, apart from that we were stinking up Goodison Park. No wonder there was no f**king crowd.

Yes, he's not getting the service he deserves - but even so - Vardy has been absolute passenger since the restart. Needs a slap.

We can kiss goodbye to the Champions League, and that is f**king gutting. I'm really pissed off at the team for ruining it for me.

Iheanacho the only positive from that performance.

Better second half but still a loss.

Chilwell was useless again, Justin turned into the second coming of Michael Lamey and Maddison might as well join Leicester Tigers as a Fly-Half.

Next game though we definitely need to change formation, two up front, fvck playing wingers.

2 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Don’t be stupid we battered them in 2nd half ! They hung on 

Battered them?

we had nothing to lose and they sat back.

when they was going for it they scored two goals in 15 mins then closed shop.

job done 

We were too pedestrian in their final third. Chils, Madders or Youri look like they have ages to pass the ball around to the side and back but it's only a 90 minutes game. Chess-like slow...

So many players are out of form this year, I wonder what's the reason behind it. Even after the covid break we’re still looking like we’re having fitness issues...

A couple of our regular starters need to be dropped for a game or two.

Madders was piss poor, at times he forgot how to complete the simplest of passes. Rick is sorely missed, but we should be expecting a bit more from Justin.

Next game I'd start Nacho together with Vards upfront. We should risk more for fuchssake, stop with this casual pass to the side shit. I can feel the European cups slowly slipping away

We shouldn't be going 4 3 3 on Saturday. It doesn't work and far too easy to defend against, especially against a Palace side that won't get out of first or second gear managing that. 

Maybe 4 4 2 is better. Gray and Barnes/Albrighton and Iheanacho and Vardy up front. 

Vardy has to have support. Can't have him on his own against a side like Palace. Just will not work. 

• Like 2

Mistake he made was playing Barnes and Vardy. He's not got the balls to drop Vardy that's the problem. Both the above needed dropping. Anyone defending Vardy with the usual "no service" can do one, look at Nacho when he came on, was more involved in 10 mins than Vardy was the whole game. I may love the man but enough is enough, at the moment he isn't good enough and actually is ruining our team alongside the non existant Barnes 

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

1. Barnes is the future... yet why fors it take 6 games for him to get going.  Does he play better when chilly isn't on,?

2. When we have possession and csnt break them down then right and left backs have to get round the back.ricardo is great... chilly us slow to edge fwd.

3. We need to mix it up and shit the ball faster.

Both Chilwell and Barnes play better when the other isn't playing

• Like 2

Oh well I'm going back into lockdown.  Don't want to watch us anymore, it has stop being enjoyable!  Sometimes I think it is best to be a mid-table team with nothing to play for, I can then relax and stop being a grumpy arse to my family for the next few hours/days or maybe weeks at this rate!  All I want is for Rodgers to stop giving his usual sunny uplands speech and tell us fans how it is.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Chilwell basically had nobody in front of him. All game. Don't ever play Barnes in front of him again because he offers Chilwell fvck all.

It's the managers fault we're passing back with 7 seconds left. They were all doing it.

You never pass back with 7 seconds left mate

Do you know what summed that match up.....Chilwell passing it back to Soyuncu at the end....all I saw Chilwell do is either check back and pass it to someone or hoof it aimlessly.....take the money from Chelsea spend it on a decent midfielder and play Fuchs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It felt like the first half was Puel-esque, and the second was both Puel-esque (slow and backwards football) and Rodgers-esque (very good substitutions at the right time).

It's weird as this team certainly has the talent, but Rodgers isn't using them well - it seems..

• Like 1

From the match thread: yes those pundits are always smoking. Not having a go at Maddison (he did well this match), but those pundits were saying how Maddison was “so creative” in the first half of the season when he was introduced - he barely had an assist then. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I thought we deserved a point, the penalty, was unfortunate, we had just as good a shout down their end that VAR didn't even look at. second half was the best we've played since the lockdown. Anyone blaming Chilwell doesn't know what they're talking about.

The VAR inconsistency confuses me. Coleman makes his body bigger because of where his hand is, and that stops the ball. Why is that not a hand ball if VAR looks at it?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Is there anyone who hasn't outcoached BR in the past 6 months? Potter did it last week, Lampard too.

I think here lies the problem. Weve all said our squad is limited but our starting 11 is better than Everton, Watford, Brighton and many other teams weve failed to beat since xmas. Of course we wont win every game but to keep dropping points to teams outside the top 6/7 is not good enough. Rodgers seems to be clueless in how to change things. Ricardo is a big loss but still should not be a reason why we are constantly dropping points to average/shit teams.