Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Crystal Palace (04/07) Pre-Match Thread

The template going forward has to be :

Maddison

Iheanacho         Vardy

Maddison as number 10 and Iheanacho alongside Vardy. Don’t care if it’s a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond or a 3-4-1-2 with wingbacks, we need those 3 in those positions

• Like 2

This is the one. The last chance.

If we don't win this then we really are going to miss out.

Schmeichel

Justin Evans Söyüncü Fuchs

Mendy

Praet Tielemans

Maddison

Iheanacho Vardy

Ndidi has been dreadful since the restart. I'd drop him, but then you need more height so Iheanacho and Fuchs come in. The diamond works better, and Palace play quite narrowly as it is.

Not against Perez for Vardy.

Move the ball quickly. No fannying about at CB. Kick them about a bit. Chase down lost causes. Stop throwing lofted balls into the box from wide areas. 

Get the 3 points. Wolves play Arsenal and United and Chelsea have relegation scrappers on Saturday. Huge opportunity to get a foot firmly back in the door here.

Can’t see Maddison being fit. Could barely move at the end. Not a clue what team should play. Has to change formation however, 352/3412?

Really think we need Morgan’s leadership on the pitch at the minute, even if his legs have gone. 

3 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Can’t see Maddison being fit. Could barely move at the end. Not a clue what team should play. Has to change formation however, 352/3412?

Really think we need Morgan’s leadership on the pitch at the minute, even if his legs have gone. 

Huh?

What use will that have? There are enough leaders on the pitch. Or at least there should be. Can't just rely on the club captain. Schmeichel, Vardy, Ndidi, Soyuncu, Evans - all have enough experience in this league, club or internationally (or all 3) so should be able to manage to lead a side. 

Also, if his legs have gone and he gets done for pace, there's no doubting there'll be comments on here saying as such and he'll be blamed for a defeat should that happen :dunno:

Just now, StanSP said:

Huh?

What use will that have? There are enough leaders on the pitch. Or at least there should be. Can't just rely on the club captain. Schmeichel, Vardy, Ndidi, Soyuncu, Evans - all have enough experience in this league, club or internationally (or all 3) so should be able to manage to lead a side. 

Also, if his legs have gone and he gets done for pace, there's no doubting there'll be comments on here saying as such and he'll be blamed for a defeat should that happen :dunno:

With the greatest of respect to those other players, Kasper is too far removed from the play and only Evans looks like he has captain material to me. (Obviously my own opinion) 

Put Wes in as a 3 and let him go win the headers and have the other two sweeping, that covers his lack of pace. 

44 minutes ago, kingfox said:

This game will really show what Rodgers is about, if he doesn’t change formation and play two up front, then he’s lost the plot.

Schmeichel

Evans - Soyuncu - Fuchs

Justin - Tielemans - Ndidi - Chilwell

Maddison

Iheanacho - Perez

Vardy will probably start but I think he needs a game out. Iheanacho and Perez worked against West Ham & Newcastle away, as something desperately needs to change, I’d like to see their partnership again.

I want to see Perez start up top too.

Time to dust off the old diamond for this game.

Back 4 stays the same, JJ needs a huge improvement but give him games and hopefully he’ll get better.

N’didi holding

Praet ( no idea why he came off today?) and Tielemans in the middle.

Madison in behind Nacho and Vardy.

• Like 1

Fook CP going to look like Liverpool. I hope we win but i have close to zero confidence that we will do so. We also will be tired seeing as CP hasn't played since june 29. 

Either a 3-0 spanking and foxestalk literally ceasing to exist

Or 2-0 win and thinking we are Barca with massive bollocks.