Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Crystal Palace (04/07) Pre-Match Thread

Kasper

Justin Soyuncu Evans Chillwell

Tielemans Ndidi Praet

Maddison

Vardy Nacho

Keep it tight when out possession and when we get ball, move and commit in midfield. Either one of Praet or YT have to join the attack, make angles. Vardy and Nacho need to move back, come short sometimes , pull defenders wide etc.

maddison needs to get on the ball and dictate.

If we are winning going into the latter stages, drop back keep tight and play in the counter and plays into our hands.

If we’re drawing/losing , stretch the game bring on Barnes and Gray and really go for it.

Its really worth noting though that it’s not what we do when losing or winning. It’s about when we’re drawing that’s costing us!!!

When we’re losing we do ok, it’s hard it’s tight but it’s normal. Liverpool would of struggled to win today giving a 2-0 head start!

Our problem is at 0-0. We are too scared, we don’t try to go all out and fearless attacking. We’re almost half hearted.

Need to get confidence, get 1-0 up and then teams can’t sit.

Utd got ahead vs Brighton and steamrolled. They are on form because they are going at teams and scoring early..they arnt conceding first and winning games and that’s the difference!!

We are not taking the lead enough. At 0-0 we have to scare teams and not give ourselves a hard time and that’s the difference. Be patient, no silly chances given and get an early goal.

• Like 1

03/11/19, 15:00 Crystal Palace - Leicester City

0 : 2  (0 : 0) (0 : 2)  11. Gameday
23/02/19, 18:30 Leicester City - Crystal Palace 1 : 4  (0 : 1) (1 : 3)  26. Gameday
15/12/18, 16:00

Crystal Palace - Leicester City

1 : 0  (1 : 0) (0 : 0)  17. Gameday
28/04/18, 16:00

Crystal Palace - Leicester City

5 : 0  (2 : 0) (3 : 0)  36. Gameday
16/12/17, 13:30

Leicester City - Crystal Palace

0 : 3  (0 : 2) (0 : 1)  18. Gameday
15/04/17, 16:00

Crystal Palace - Leicester City

2 : 2  (0 : 1) (2 : 1)  33. Gameday
22/10/16, 16:00

Leicester City - Crystal Palace

3 : 1  (1 : 0) (2 : 1)  9. Gameday
19/03/16, 16:00

Crystal Palace - Leicester City

0 : 1  (0 : 1) (0 : 0)  31. Gameday
24/10/15, 16:00

Leicester City - Crystal Palace

1 : 0  (0 : 0) (1 : 0)  10. Gameday
07/02/15, 16:00

Leicester City - Crystal Palace

0 : 1  (0 : 0) (0 : 1)  24. Gameday
27/09/14, 16:00 Crystal Palace - Leicester City 2 : 0  (0 : 0) (2 : 0)

bit of a bogey team in recent years 

3 wins 6 defeats 

hopefully not for BR anymore 

Kasper

Evans Morgan Soyuncu

Albrighton.                                    Gray

Ndidi    Praet

Maddison

Ihenacho.            Vardy

4 games in and BR and the team have proved there has to be change, I really thought the 1st half 2019 season system would work again, sadly it hasn't enough. 

Whatever set up, Iheanacho has to be on the pitch at the start, he can pick the ball up deeper and make things work better than Vardy can at the moment. 

Maddison needs to create as a 10, even a false 9, without the defence element of an 8, which is a worry if he's still injured. 

The 3 at the back call sounds stronger than ever as Justin showed he's not showing the confidence for this type of pressure yet. 

Schmeichel

Evans Soyuncu Fuchs

Choudhury Ndidi Tielemans Chilwell

Maddison

Perez Ihenacho

If Maddison can't start; 

Schmeichel

Evans Soyuncu Fuchs

Perez

Barnes Ihenacho

At this point of the season, and for what's at stake, we really should not have to be introducing radical new set up's as we are suggesting, but that's where we are. 

I've still got faith in Rodgers, but he's got to work it out now and justify that faith. 

CL qualification is not over and I do still think we'll do it, but I'm sure Brendan understands what his realistic achievements are for this season, but to at least end the season with some wins will ease the pressure. 

• Like 2

We got 6 games to go. Our minI league looks like this. Which I believe every fan would of taken at the start of the season, as most of us would of been happy with Europa League qualification.

Leicester 3pts +29

Chelsea 2pts +13

Man Utd 0pts +20

Wolves 0pts +11

2 of these will qualify for the champions league, I think it will be 3 with Man City getting a ban which will be confirmed on July 13th. So we are still in a great position. Chelsea still have to play Wolves which is huge for us, and go to Liverpool, who will surely want to help us out and Brendan. On top of this Wolves have Arsenal Saturday coming, and a tough run of fixtures too. The fact we have Tottenham towards the end makes me feel that they will want to get revenge on Chelsea for them handing the title to us back in 2016, and with Mourinho it could very interesting to see what team he picks. Man Utd have easy run in on paper and on current form could easily win their next 5 and confirm their top 4 place or even 3rd place finish, prior to playing us which could be in between an FA Cup semi final in the midweek, and an FA Cup final the week after, so they may have the luxury to rest all their players.

So with our goal difference being superior, you could say currently that other teams next an extra point to overtake us.

We need to win Saturday to pile the pressure onto Wolves and Chelsea who both kick off later than us, and go from there.

Foxes Never Quit!

• Like 3

We are going to win this. That dodgy penalty yesterday was out last bit of bad luck. 

Kasper is going to be in the ear of every player for the rest of the week and they're going to be right up for the task from the first minute come Saturday. 

3-1 Leicester. 

Gotta go with either; 4-4-2 with a diamond which gets Kelechi on the pitch and Perez or Maddison at 10 or 5-3-2 which takes the heat off Justin and Chilwell defensively plus Kelechi on. 

4-3-3 is gone now. Wingers and midfield play too deep in the shape making 4-5-1

11 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Kasper

Evans

Cags

Bennett

Justin

Maddison

Ndidi

Tielemans

Chilwell

Iheanacho

Pérez

I agree with 352, or at least 3421 as I think we need to get in between their midfield and defence. Only concern is what their wingers could do to our wingbacks

For those starting Vardy and Iheanacho, has that ever worked at home? 

50 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

4 games in and BR and the team have proved there has to be change, I really thought the 1st half 2019 season system would work again, sadly it hasn't enough. 

Whatever set up, Iheanacho has to be on the pitch at the start, he can pick the ball up deeper and make things work better than Vardy can at the moment. 

Maddison needs to create as a 10, even a false 9, without the defence element of an 8, which is a worry if he's still injured. 

The 3 at the back call sounds stronger than ever as Justin showed he's not showing the confidence for this type of pressure yet. 

Schmeichel

Evans Soyuncu Fuchs

Maddison

Perez Ihenacho

If Maddison can't start; 

Schmeichel

Evans Soyuncu Fuchs

Perez

Barnes Ihenacho

At this point of the season, and for what's at stake, we really should not have to be introducing radical new set up's as we are suggesting, but that's where we are. 

I've still got faith in Rodgers, but he's got to work it out now and justify that faith. 

CL qualification is not over and I do still think we'll do it, but I'm sure Brendan understands what his realistic achievements are for this season, but to at least end the season with some wins will ease the pressure. 

very similar to what I'd go but Hamza at wing back against Zaha is a risk too far imo! 

• Like 1

Absolutely paramount we have 2 men up front, and on top of that midfielders not sitting deep, we need to be pinning them back.

Its clear what we need to do.

I suspect though Brendan will only allow us to play like that when we already losing a game, and we will start cautious.

Edited by Chrysalis

Agree with most on here, we need to go to 352 for a number of reasons. 

1. Our wingers are jobby.

2. Our current full backs need the protection of an extra CB behind them.

3. We won't score against a rigid team like CP with just one of our current strikers. 

4. Nacho needs to start.