Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Arsenal A Match Thread

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think people.are being a little bit harsh on Perez. He's struggled when he's deep in his own half but I thought he got into some decent spaces and hasn't been that bad. 

He turned really well for that Vardy chance. 

Just now, Mark said:

Not for me, as Pearson used to say we should only sign players better than what we already have.

That’s fair I suppose, he isn’t better than Evans or Cags, cheap option for depth at the least though 🙂

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

They can’t highlight the poor decisions 

side note this is Chris Kavanagh‘s 15th game in charge of one of our games we have won 4 of them and lost 8 he’s also sent 2 of our players off and no opposition players 

apart from the reverse fixture earlier this season we hadn’t won a match with him as ref since march 2018 and he’s done 10 games since then 

The club actively complained about him on one occasion. 

Worth mention he was the Holding handball ref 

Bennett is no better than wes. If he was any good wolves wouldn't have loaned him out to us. Looks like Brendan's waiting for us to be 2 down until he changes it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Dreadful team selection from the off. 

Evans and Soyuncu been tight as a gnats ass all season. Answer, stick an unknown championship defender in to 'support' them (leaving two defenders on the bench who know our system and culture inside out)

An obvious mistake Rodgers has made is not giving himself the option to shift the shape to a back four in game by playing Fuchs at left centre half.

I understand why he wanted to play Bennett and Fuchs could have been ripped to shreds just as much.

But it was something O’Neil was so clever in doing, picking a side that allowed him to create different looks at different times without making a substitution.

1 minute ago, Hollyfox said:

Not knocking Bennett as he's probably a bit rusty but he looks like a solid championship defender to me

He’d look alright under O’Neill, it maybe at Norwich etc now 

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

Why haven’t we changed this?!? 

It was obvious it Wasn’t working after 20 minutes.

Because Brendon Puel must wait until 70 minutes.

Edited by Babylon
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

If we get beat by a team managed by a bloke in beige chinos I'll be livid

He’s straight off to the pub once the game is over. 

3 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Not knocking Bennett as he's probably a bit rusty but he looks like a solid championship defender to me

Are you saying that based on your personal deliberations or because of his individual profile and reputation?