Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Arsenal A Match Thread

Just now, StanSP said:

How we doing then? Not watching... Should I be glad not to?! 

According to pundits and commentators we’ve barely got out of our own half and have only turned up to watch lol never mind our disallowed goal and a quite frankly amazing save to stop a nacho shot off the line.

Bite the bullet and go to the diamond. Get Fuchs and Praet on for Albrighton and Bennett.

We can't stick with this. They don't look comfortable at all. Doesn't help that Soyuncu is having a shocker and Albrighton's doing nothing. Justin not getting far forward enough either.

Bit unsure of the back 4 missing someone quick on the left think we’ve been unlucky with the goal and Evans slip for Saka’s pass for the goal they’re closing is down a bit on attack but what I’d worry about if I was a Gooney fan was the keeper is far too quick at times to run out of his area if we were to take advantage of that and get a goal back, Brendan has to change early for me I’d put Barnes on for Perez put 4 at the back let’s hurt these Fookers COME ON YOU FOXES time to get back to 3rd 🙏

13 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I didnt think we played too badly. Arsenal have become a decent side.

Look dodgy at the back.

We are not completely doggo here like against Watford, Brighton and Everton first half. A big 2nd half performance and we can get back in it. Last chance saloon, need to go all out. Lose and were done for CL. 

To be honest if we loose might as well blood some youngsters next game, screw Europa league its bollocks.

Arsenal gizzfest from the pundits....ooooh Arsenal.

Which youngsters? :cry:

Disallowed goal.  Institutionalised cheating again.  An Arsenal player fouls a Leicester play by running across them.  Ienacho scores.  Onfield decison - pathetic.  VAR - corrupt.  Pundits - didn't notice.

2 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Any one still think Bennet will be a bargain 

To throw him into a back three at the Emirates for his first start could be deemed a little unfair. 

If you have time on the training pitch to work out the defensive line and how the three of you across the back interact to different threats it could be a very different  story.

Instead they’re defending off the cuff - and in some respects have done well to keep it to just the one (with Kasper deserving a special mention).

Having these three playing a high line, twinned with a light weight midfield and inexperienced wingbacks leads me to question the manager here, not individual players. They’re doing what they can to make it work.

2 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

According to the pundits we’ve done absolutely nothing in that half. All out defence.

Towndswend drives me insane, such a biased so and so towards 'top 6' teams

• Like 1

I would say the main difference between us and Arsenal is they are a lot more assured in their attacks, most of their attacks you think they going to score.  The second been they are a lot better at winning the ball back without possession.

We are only 1-0 down, so there is hope to turn this around at least.

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

Bite the bullet and go to the diamond. Get Fuchs and Praet on for Albrighton and Bennett.

We can't stick with this. They don't look comfortable at all. Doesn't help that Soyuncu is having a shocker and Albrighton's doing nothing. Justin not getting far forward enough either.

I thought Albrighton was having a decent game 😂 

5 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Ashley cole, the thickest human on the planet 

Bloody good footballer though which is the point in his inclusion. Think I’d have him at left wing back tonight tbh.

Edited by Fox92

Kasper keeping us in it again, defence looks shaky today, Cag's positioning has been dodgy.

Thought Perez and Nacho doing alright, holding the ball up well, getting Tielemans involved, we're just lacking that final pass (as usual). Get Barnes on and get him running at them.