Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Arsenal A Match Thread

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

We’ve been robbed. VAR is shite. The only way to explain half the decisions is corruption. 

Also I think our goal should stand. He’s bumped into Kelechi first.

Genuinely no idea why Nachos goal was disallowed. The defender deliberately ran across him to block his run and then fell to the floor. And neither commentators even questioned it. There would have been 30 replays and a full inquest if that had happened at the other end (which it wouldn't). Absolute horse shit officiating as usual when we play the "big teams". Aside from that, we started well first 15 and got better towards the end but the middle was a shit show and if it wasnt for Kasper the game would be over. Ceballos has ran the show and our defence has been all over the place.

• Like 4

A modfield two doesn’t work when Tielemans is poor at covering ground, we’re getting pulled out of our shape too easily. Praet on for Perez if we’re sticking with 3412 or Praet for Bennett and go 4141 with Iheanacho wide at first and bring Barnes on if it’s not working after 10 minutes 

1 minute ago, That_Dude said:

We got absolutely killed with the 3-5-2. Not that I find the formation wrong, but we simply don't have the personal at the moment, especially with Chilwell and Maddison out. For all the stick they get here, they've been sorely missed. Switch to a back four in the second half.

Agreed, and Ricardo. Those 3 and we have a different team. 

Don’t think we’ve been as bad as in previous matches, tbh. 

We don’t have a player that can go past a man, so it’s never going to be that thrilling. 

We’re still in it. Vardy and Nacho man to get on the score sheet. :scarf:

• Like 1

We've done all right but could have been game over if not for Kasper.

Need to keep it to 1-0.

We look shambolic defensively though.

4 minutes ago, Flappit said:

Turn it off and stop moaning then. If you can't see the difference between this and most previous games, you need your head seeing to, I'm afraid. 

On about the officiating mate, not the performance.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Well then he’s an idiot, needs to tuck in to keep the ball away from the goal rather than chasing the ball out to the byline.

It's a no-win situation, leave Saka free on the byline and he will stroll in. Albrighton is the one who has to do better. A wing-BACK is still a BACK (defender)!

Edited by NaijaFox

Pretty much in most games we look very good for the first 10/15 mins and then it becomes a struggle. I know Rogers insists on a good start & strong finish, but what about the hour in the middle ? 

1 minute ago, Buggsteam said:

What does Parez bring to the team. 
Can’t pass, shoot or dribble and so slow. 
gets knocked of the ball way to easy. 

get him if and let Barnes run at them 

Perez has looked dangerous. Getting in between the lines and some nice touches. Its the back 3 acting like Bambi on ice that are undoing everything 

• Like 2

Just now, Foxin_Mad said:

I didnt think we played too badly. Arsenal have become a decent side.

Look dodgy at the back.

We are not completely doggo here like against Watford, Brighton and Everton first half. A big 2nd half performance and we can get back in it. Last chance saloon, need to go all out. Lose and were done for CL. 

To be honest if we loose might as well blood some youngsters next game, screw Europa league its bollocks.

felt with the threat arsenal have up front going to three at the back would be good... but it was easily taken apart at times, almost like the players didn’t understand what they are doing 

I think Perez hasn't looked bad at all.

YT has been schooled by Ceballos.

listening to the HT experts you'd have thought that Arse were winning by 5 and had 90% possession.

Thought we were alright, but why the high line against Arsenal and their speedrunners. Also think Perez has been good as the link up player. Feel a little robbed with our non-goal, but the woman ref had her flag up right away. She always seems to hate us and never see it our way.

We can still do this, but we need some damn luck coming our way.

Getting so fed up of the commentary and pundits being Arsenal centric. There are two teams in this game ffs.

Ceballos is running the show - we shut him down, we stop Arsenal playing.

Fuchs on for Albrighton at half time. Barnes on soon if we can't find a way through.

• Like 1

People will just look at the score and say it's shit Arsenal have been good, an considering the opposition, I personally think its the best we have played this Calendar year, sure we have beat Villa, West ham and Newcastle comfortably but if Arsenal had played like this all season they'd be in the top 4 mix. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Kavanagh blew up before the ball reached kel so it was put a goal - nothing to review .....

the whole point of var is for the official to wait but the lino gave it and he responded to her flag 

Didn’t realise the ref blown ... yeah now I get it thanks. Bad decision from the ref then