Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Bournemouth post match

Remember that night we destroyed Southampton 9 - 0. And we genuinely in all the games at the time looked like potential title contenders. We were confident, attacking, full of invention, ideas and energy. What happened? I genuinely don't know 

Largely the same players but since that Norwich away game, we have been appalling on the whole. The manager has to take a large share of the blame. His tactics and substitutions have been baffling.

Tonight's game was the microcosm of the whole season. OK, Bournemouth were crap first half but we looked confident and totally in control and could have been well in front. Then come the changes and brain farts. Self inflicted, we curled up and died. I am so sad and angry. 

• Like 2

Worst 45 mins since wolves away in 2003, 3-0 up at half time, heads dropped for the second half, lost 4-3! Think this was worse to be honest, they should hang their heads in shame, especially the back line, utterly shambolic l, literally gifted them goals and a red card. Starting to wonder if we'll hit the 60 point mark? Genuinely think we'll finish 6th, don't deserve European football on the basis of 2020 form.

• Like 1

Just now, Hoopla10 said:

I'd love to be on that coach. Shut the doors, get on the M3, no escape, spend the next 3 hours telling them exactly what I think.  

No better still... wait till the team gets six miles out of bournemouth... stop the coach and make the team walk rest of the way home. That'll get the message of how poor they were.

Awful. We have to somehow pick up a point or 2 to stay 5th. God knows how with cags out for the season, no sign of madders or chilwell and just lost the plot. Also, tonight showed why Fuchs doesn't play, after 60 minutes his legs have gone. We really need a few players but dont see how we get them now CL money is likely gone. 

We've ballsed up a golden opportunity to qualify for the champions League and I don't see us getting a better chance. I don't think we're good enough to finish top 4 and haven't been all season, a good run of results and everyone believed the hype. 

Why are we always great or shit? Never anything in-between. 

• Like 1

Get the season done. Don’t want to watch the last three games. 

Behind closed doors football is ****ing shit. We are ****ing shit. The only people it suits is the armchair fans of the big clubs who do it week after week. Can’t go the European games anyway unless we made it into 2021. Unlikely to be at the opening games of next season with 30% capacity. 

I’ll go watch non league where I can still walk around and chill out without restriction 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Remember that night we destroyed Southampton 9 - 0. And we genuinely in all the games at the time looked like potential title contenders. We were confident, attacking, full of invention, ideas and energy. What happened? I genuinely don't know 

Largely the same players but since that Norwich away game, we have been appalling on the whole. The manager has to take a large share of the blame. His tactics and substitutions have been baffling.

Tonight's game was the microcosm of the whole season. OK, Bournemouth were crap first half but we looked confident and totally in control and could have been well in front. Then come the changes and brain farts. Self inflicted, we curled up and died. I am so sad and angry. 

New manage bounce wore off, injuries to key players and a manager who doesn't seem to be able to handle the pressure. We absolutely don't deserve to be in the top 4 right now, let alone the CL.

There will be some talk about a 'mad 2 minutes' but that really isn't the point.

We were always vulnerable because we never played with the right intensity or ruthlessness. Yes we had a lot of the ball and looked comfortable. Too comfortable. How many chances did we have? The goal, the one Ake blocked, and Barnes at the end. For the last time - creating goalscoring chances is the be all and end all. Not possession.

And when we did concede, there was no reaction whatsoever. Unless you call total collapse a reaction.

The Champions League has been there for the taking and not for the first time we have shown absolutely no desire to claim it. We have played a poor side and not for the first time we have capitulated the moment they started to give it a go. They were asleep for an hour, as soon as they had a bit of self-belief we went to pieces.

During lockdown I have been playing a bit of golf with Liverpool fans. (I live on the Wirral) they loved Rodgers until they started to lose and then showed he absolutely no plan B. He got away with it at Celtic as everyone is total shit but as soon as teams work us out we are stuffed.

Today he seemed to try and buck his trend but to no avail. He has showed his tactical naivety and whereas I don’t want him out I think that perhaps his plan A reaped such success that we are not prepared for the free fall we find ourselves in.

Don’t get me wrong I am ****ing fuming and it feels quite cathartic as I write this but top 6, lots of areas to improve on is not a bad place to be.

Hopefully he can learn and we can all grow as a club next season.

Edited by TaggertvsWise