Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Bournemouth post match

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Thing is, Brendan will come out and make his usual comment that he thought we should have won .........but he’s right ....

we should .....we were coasting. Even when they went attacking and we went more defensive we were in control ........

But as I keep saying playing in our defensive, negative, passive style it does half the job for the opposition, teams are confident they'll get a draw or snatch a win when we play in such a manner.

There was no need to change anything, we were playing well in the first half, attacking, doing what we do best, playing positive and playing to our strengths.

By sitting back, being defensive and passive we are not in control, we might have possession, but we do nothing with the possession, we always have the threat of ****ing up in possession, we're not good enough to play in such a manner, which ultimately leads to not winning.

We should have won on our first half showing but we lost the game before we even came out in the 2nd half with the change of personnel and tactics.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 4

Fair play, Kasper coming out and apologising. Shame Brendan couldn't do the same, and instead blamed it all on the players' mentality, as if his change did not affect that by allowing the inevitable Bournemouth reaction to get a foothold. It changed the flow of the game when we should have been putting it to bed, but of course it doesn't justify the ridiculous brain farts that occured!

Edited by Aesc
  • Like 4

You can point the finger at Schmeichel for errors but what Cags did was disgusting. The complete lack of professionalism to do that and let his team down was shocking. There were still 23 minutes left + injury time so the game was far from gone. 2 weeks wages for me.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Aesc said:

Fair play, Kasper coming out and apologising. Shame Brendan couldn't do the same, and instead blamed it all on the players' mentality, as if his change did not affect that by allowing the inevitable Bournemouth reaction to get a foothold.

What was said? 

Not been able to hear the reaction

We all knew that, for all his great shot-stopping, one day Kasper’s dreadful kicking would cost us big time. Today was that day.

Like our crappy corners and free kicks, Rodgers has never properly addressed it.

• Like 4

Big concern is there is only a small period before next season starts, this lack of confidence can easily carry on and then we're in trouble.

I dont even care where we finish, just want to see some pride in these last 3 games. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Big concern is there is only a small period period before next season starts, this lack of confidence can easily carry on and then we're in trouble.

I dont even care where we finish, just want to see some pride in these last 3 games. 

This. All day.

We more than any club have seen generally how the next season goes after we finish poorly/well.

The biggest disgrace of a second half performance I’ve ever seen when you take into account the situations of both sides and what’s on offer.

Im sick to death of Rodgers, he’s got no plan B and his substitutions are just ridiculous game after game. Going defensive and inviting pressure today when we had 10 shots in the first half was just utterly indefensible, he’s always too busy trying to be to clever and I’m fed up of it. 

As for the captain, the leader, the amount of times he gave the ball away today under no pressure and put us in trouble, it was only a matter of time before that happened. 

Did we even have a shot second half? 

• Like 2

Guest ttfn
17 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Kasper:

'Bournemouth came out in the second half with a different mentality'

No Kasper - we did. Completely on Rodgers.

:appl:

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Get the season done. Don’t want to watch the last three games. 

Behind closed doors football is ****ing shit. We are ****ing shit. The only people it suits is the armchair fans of the big clubs who do it week after week. Can’t go the European games anyway unless we made it into 2021. Unlikely to be at the opening games of next season with 30% capacity. 

I’ll go watch non league where I can still walk around and chill out without restriction 

I've genuinely had more of a laugh with a pint in my hand watching Shepshed Dynamo with my old man than I have going to any City game over the past few seasons.

• Like 1

Always feels so raw straight after a defeat but Im that angry im actually quite calm, if that makes sense to anyone😂

Brendans sounds beaten in this interview, lost for words

I think now ive realised that we have massively over achieved this season with the players we have, ive made peace with that, we hit a run of form and confidence was flowing just like you would want it to, then as soon as s**t hits the fan we cant react

Im gonna give Kasper a pass because hes been sensational since the come back, mistakes happen and unfortunately his has cost us massive today

Certain players really need to have a look at themselves, felt Wilf was really poor today, Tielemans started brightly but looked absolutely knackered after 50 odd minutes or so, we got the ball in perfect  positions in their box for the cutback but horrendous passing led to them getting blocked or not reaching their man, how we werent 2 or 3 up in that 1st half I dont know

It has to be said that the likes of Chilwell, Maddison and Ricardo will more then likely push for moves in the summer, this will more then likely be the best chance we had of top 4 and its completely gone to s**t 

For me im sticking a fork in this season and calling it a day, not because we will miss out on top 4, I can take that if it looks like we are really trying and giving our all every game, coming up short, losing but still seeing players put in a shift and give 110%, losing like that I dont mind, but Im done with watching us completely fall to peices, drop arse and not look bothered to take a game by the scruff of the neck and have that will to compete

Rodgers takes half of the blame for odd subs made and changing shape when there was absolutely no need to, but alot of these players should take the other half

As someone else has posted on here I cant take watching the games anymore, so I will rely on you lovely lot to keep me posted in the match threads

It's not inconceivable that we could miss out on European football completely, given that we are playing 3 teams just below us and could be without 3 of our 4 first choice defenders for those games. I just want this train crash to end now rather than suffering through 3 more games. Why the hell did I want football back? It's just made me miserable, stressed and frustrated. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

What was said? 

Not been able to hear the reaction

In short:

Kasper said his mistake had changed the game and apologised. Said it's a wake up call.

Brendan said they didn't have the right mentality and it surprised him. Wasn't quite chucking them under the bus, but was hardly trying to take some responsibility himself.

Usually managers will take some responsibility, particularly if they made a change at half time that could have been a factor.

• Like 2