Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

5 hours ago, String fellow said:

This is the current PL table, with each club's name replaced by an anagram of its manager. Some aren't very polite, sorry.

1. Dial up a grope

2. Anorak loser's jungle

3. Sober grand nerd

4,.Least-hot chum

5. Yes, mad void

6. Him - onerous Jo

7. Long-jerk pup

8. Rectal location

9. Rat-like mate

10. Heats mind

11. Amicable loser

12. Horny goods

13. Poison insane tutor

14. Harsh lethal punt

15. Cash-needy

16. Harm great top

17. Be vet's cure

18. Rocket parts

19. Rascally made

20. Empaling bucktooth

Amicable loser (Marcelo Bielsa) and Cash-needy (Sean Dyche) are pretty accurate 

Edited by brucey

When I was watching it live I thought it was a brilliant interception by Fofana but I think it's more of a terrible pass by Fred. United really have many overpaid wasters in their team. Martial, Matic, Fred, even De Gea is crap these days. Plus loads of average to decent players who are vastly overpriced and overpaid like Maguire, AWB etc. Millions in wages given to garbage. Total mismanagement of the recruitment.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

When I was watching it live I thought it was a brilliant interception by Fofana but I think it's more of a terrible pass by Fred.

It thought that immediately.  TBH, both sides gave the ball away too much, but they did it worse... (Or should that be best? :P )  (It reminded me of some of my old FM games...)

• Like 1

Just a word on Ole. 

Spent months when in the caretaker role waffling on about ‘this is Manchester United’. 

A week ago calls cups for egotists in a clear dig at Mourinho. 

Post match dribbles on about the congested calendar. 

Yes that’s the same congested calendar as we’d have in a normal season from February onwards. You know when you deep in the cups like ‘Manchester United’.

Will now try to win the most difficult competition for fixture congestion after failing poorly in the CL. In an attempt to be an ‘egotist’

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just a word on Ole. 

Spent months when in the caretaker role waffling on about ‘this is Manchester United’. 

A week ago calls cups for egotists in a clear dig at Mourinho. 

Post match dribbles on about the congested calendar. 

Yes that’s the same congested calendar as we’d have in a normal season from February onwards. You know when you deep in the cups like ‘Manchester United’.

Will now try to win the most difficult competition for fixture congestion after failing poorly in the CL. In an attempt to be an ‘egotist’

Ole's tenure is worse than Mourinho's. The football is equally terrible. But Mourinho actually won trophies. Ole is playing with a back 6 to collect clean sheet stats.

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Ole's tenure is worse than Mourinho's. The football is equally terrible. But Mourinho actually won trophies. Ole is playing with a back 6 to collect clean sheet stats.

I thought I heard winning the clean sheets and the possession battle was all the rage, nowadays?

Was I misinformed?

Mourinho gave them their highest finish since Fergie (2nd), a League Cup and Europa League. 

They're a fallen club and Fergie was THE reason they held a top spot so long. I doubt they'll win the league any time soon and they need to restructure how they operate. Winning something in the next 2 seasons is vital for them or the kids in China and USA will start drifting to other clubs.  

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Dorkingfox said:

Talkport just cannot bare the thought of us finishing top four so they have asked the computer to hear their prayers.

2000724254_ScreenShot2021-03-22at20_00_26.thumb.png.42af260480cd39848dee337a16b6735c.png

To be fair the SuperComputer probably did what I did with on the predictor, ie,  put in loads of wins for Liverpool and ignoring how inconsistent they are this season.

On 21/03/2021 at 15:36, Happy Fox said:

It’s all about 2nd place we shouldn’t be worried about West Ham and Chelsea just focus on ourselves and pipping Manchester United in 2nd spot 

Imagine being in a big poker tournament, there are seven of you left and the prize money is:

1st £1,000,000

2nd £900,000

3rd £800,000

4th £50,000

5th, 6th & 7th is nothing

You're the second chip leader, 1st and 3rd also have quite big stacks, 4th to 6th have smallish stacks and 7th has one big blind left. 

What are your tactics, to try and take the big stacks out at the risk of losing yours or to try and eliminate the 4th to 7th smaller stacks to guarantee yourself top three?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Imagine being in a big poker tournament, there are seven of you left and the prize money is:

1st £1,000,000

2nd £900,000

3rd £800,000

4th £50,000

You're the second chip leader, 1st and 3rd also have quite big stacks, 4th to 6th have smallish stacks and 7th has one big blind left. 

What are your tactics, to try and take the big stacks out at the risk of losing yours or to try and eliminate the 4th to 7th smaller stacks to guarantee yourself top three?

The top three payouts are a little flat, but optimum strategy here would be to bully the big stacks and control the small stacks so that they stay in for the most time, allowing you to take the blinds from the big stacks.  They won't risk a big pay day whilst there are small stacks around so won't want to play a big hand with you and would most likely fold virtually all hands pre-flop.  The idea would be to take as many chips as possible from them so that you have a big chip lead when down to the final three.

• Like 1

How unfortunate would it be for bale to spend how ever long he has been on loan at spurs for to get match fitness to not play many games then injure himself in the training session before the last game of the season  and don’t get to go to the euros anyway after having to put up with Jose’s shit show every week 😂

Gareth Bale being an idiot again. I don’t get how Bale gets away with it. Honestly, he has the personality that they accuse Pogba of having..

Edited by Koke
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

Gareth Bale being an idiot again. I don’t get how Bale gets away with it. Honestly, he has the personality that they accuse Pogba of having..

Bollo*ks. He’s on loan to spurs. Players go on loan all the time, he has no obligation to stay at Spurs beyond the agreed period of time. People are always desperate to equate Pogbas antics with trivial stuff like this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

Bollo*ks. He’s on loan to spurs. Players go on loan all the time, he has no obligation to stay at Spurs beyond the agreed period of time. People are always desperate to equate Pogbas antics with trivial stuff like this.

To be fair, Pogba's antics usually amount to getting a jazzy haircut or posting a video of him dancing on the internet

20 hours ago, Gerard said:

1st £1,000,000

2nd £900,000

3rd £800,000

4th £50,000

If I imagine...I want the same Cash-out as the PL-placings....!

3 hours ago, Koke said:

You used the word honesty....Maybe thats just what Bale his...Honest to himself..!!

Ne spent years being Quiet & diplomatic....Now he wants it put on the table....!

5 hours ago, Koke said:

What else can he say? He's going back to Real Madrid in the summer as it stands currently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1