Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

22 hours ago, Gerard said:

Imagine being in a big poker tournament, there are seven of you left and the prize money is:

1st £1,000,000

2nd £900,000

3rd £800,000

4th £50,000

5th, 6th & 7th is nothing

You're the second chip leader, 1st and 3rd also have quite big stacks, 4th to 6th have smallish stacks and 7th has one big blind left. 

What are your tactics, to try and take the big stacks out at the risk of losing yours or to try and eliminate the 4th to 7th smaller stacks to guarantee yourself top three?

Id go all in on every hand.

Tbh I've never really been able to find fault with Bale. Scores an absolute peach to win Champs League, puts up with crap from Spanish media, generally doesn't complain in public. It's only since they scuppered his move away that he's done it publicly and fair play to him. Zidane has never shown him love and he's put his head down at Spurs. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Koke said:

Gareth Bale being an idiot again. I don’t get how Bale gets away with it. Honestly, he has the personality that they accuse Pogba of having..

He’s getting his exit in before Spurs say they don’t want him to stay ..... protecting his profile ....

11 hours ago, Koke said:

Gareth Bale being an idiot again. I don’t get how Bale gets away with it. Honestly, he has the personality that they accuse Pogba of having..

Bale honestly isn't really bothered what club he's at as long he's earning as most money as possible. He's quite happy to go back to Spain, as he knows he'll be able to pick up a big wage sitting on his butt all day. As he says the only reason he agreed to go to Spurs was because as says... so he get a few games under his belt for before the Euros. Don't matter about what happens to Spurs. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

31 minutes ago, The Blur said:

There is an uproar at Leeds after rumours of one of their players agreeing to join Galatasaray due to historical deaths of their two fans there after being stabbed. 

https://trib.al/v7Hy8G8

How would you all react if we are in their position?

Not the players fault he needs a club and if its galatasary then shall be it. I understand the past but it's not fair on putting this pressure on a players doorstep. 

Its bit like having Knocky at Forest, legend here yeah gone to our rivals yes... are we bothered no... good player needs a club. Best of luck to him.

Edited by Leicesterpool

2 hours ago, The Blur said:

There is an uproar at Leeds after rumours of one of their players agreeing to join Galatasaray due to historical deaths of their two fans there after being stabbed. 

He would of been 7/8 when it happened and is from Macedonia. I'd be suprised if he was even aware it happened at all until now. Its not his fault and nothing to do with him. What happened was awful but you can't have a go at him for wanting to have a career. 

He's leaving a club that seemingly don't want him to one that will more than likely be qualifying for the champions league. It's a no brainer. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, st albans fox said:

He’s getting his exit in before Spurs say they don’t want him to stay ..... protecting his profile ....

I don’t think he really gives a fvck about his profile. I think in this instance he’s just being 100% honest? It was highly unlikely he was going to be at spurs for longer than a season anyway 

2 hours ago, The Blur said:

I'm pretty sure there's some Leeds fans that beat the crap out of rival supporters back in the day as there were some LCFC and plenty of other club's. Ok not the same a killing someone but still nothing to be proud of, does that meant they shouldn't support Leeds Utd?

.....and seemingly still happening - https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/sport/football/video-leeds-united-birmingham-city-supporters-jailed-for-worst-violence-seen-in-a-decade-202098/

Leeds United & Birmingham City supporters jailed for ‘worst violence seen in a decade’

3 hours ago, The Blur said:

Most Leeds fans old enough to remember what happened, aren’t really fussed by it. 

Different era, the player has no connections to that era. The club aren’t actually dealing with them. They appreciate what Alioski has given the club. 

Most outrage is from the younger generation trying to ‘out-fan’ other people. 

There are plenty of sensible/balanced views if you look on Twitter.

I say this as someone who 99% of the time would call out Leeds fans for being idiots. 

https://www.football365.com/news/rio-ferdinand-sick-newcastle-mike-ashley-complaints

The latest big name opinion on the big topics. 

Yeah, lads and lasses, why won't you club together and stump up the £350 million Ashley wants? I mean, for the 50,000 who attend the ground, it's only £7k each. Or why don't 350 million of you each put a pound in?

If only we could all buy out owners we didn't like, eh? 

9 hours ago, Corky said:

https://www.football365.com/news/rio-ferdinand-sick-newcastle-mike-ashley-complaints

Yeah, lads and lasses, why won't you club together and stump up the £350 million Ashley wants? I mean, for the 50,000 who attend the ground, it's only £7k each. Or why don't 350 million of you each put a pound in?

An absolutely astonishing view. He hasn't got a clue has he.

18 hours ago, Corky said:

Fvcking ****

19 hours ago, Corky said:

Good to hear Rio's big brain thoughts on the issue. Interesting to see him siding with Mike Ashley, it's not as if he's got a big endorsement contract with his Sports Direct business or anything... oh that's right, he has. And right here is why the punditry on NUFC has been unprofessional pretty much across the board. Listening to 5Live the other night discuss NUFC and the unabashed defense of Steve Bruce by Micah Richards and Chris Sutton (both who declared their friendship with him) was sickening. Micah would say, "I'm not trying to defend him..." then spend the next five minutes defending him. They had a NUFC fan just list the facts and history of bad management which proves Bruce should be nowhere near a Premier League club and should go. Micah's response was to say people shouldn't get personal. Which is telling imo, there was nothing personal said but Micah took it personally for Bruce. I wouldn't be surprised this is why Bruce was hired (it's certainly not because of his ability as a manager). His contacts/friendships in the media would give him a buffer.

I have connections in Newcastle who're all Toon fans and I can't help to feel their pain. Ashely has systematically gutted the soul out of the club and its fans. Stay up, go down, none of the problems at that club (and there's so so many) get fixed until he's gone. It might be no bad thing they spend a little time in the first division. A massive drop in attendance at St James, the loss of TV money etc might see him cut and run.  

Edited by Hoopla10
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

It might be no bad thing they spend a little time in the first division. A massive drop in attendance at St James, the loss of TV money etc might see him cut and run.  

I'd guess if he was in the mood to sell he'd want to do that while they're in the PL as they'll be worth more.

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

I'd guess if he was in the mood to sell he'd want to do that while they're in the PL as they'll be worth more.

You would think right. But he's greedy. He could have sold it a while ago if he hadn't changed his mind on the price and increased it. Only the recent Saudi 300mil presumably hit his estimated price and even then he was haggling for more. He's the definition of a parasite imo.