Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

Makes me slightly worried about our game against Newcastle. They've give bit of form.

It's the kind of opposition we've struggled against at home this season, teams sitting back but who have pace in transition.

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

This is now a great day regardless of the result later.

It might be beneficial to us that Chelsea win and put West Ham to bed and Chelsea and ourselves put distance between us and the other clubs 5th downwards.

Also helps take the 4th not being enough for Champions League scenario off the table, however unlikely it might be.

• Like 1

Just now, Koke said:

Makes me slightly worried about our game against Newcastle. They've give bit of form.

Yeah it won't be easy, but in a way them getting points recently has got them safe now and they'll serve up some more dross again at some point this season so let's hope it's a week on Friday.

12 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

How can a team when winning concede a goal to Newcastle in stoppage time have it disallowed and still not win. Hahahahahhaha 

Poolsy.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lineker's Lugs said:

Also helps take the 4th not being enough for Champions League scenario off the table, however unlikely it might be.

And then play out a boring 0-0 draw in a few weeks in the penultimate league game of the season that confirms both our places in the CL next season.

7 minutes ago, Lineker's Lugs said:

If Arsenal win the EL and Chelsea win the CL and finish in the top 4, would 4th place still be a champions league spot?

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

That's another day.

Enjoy the moment. 

They also might be mathematically safe by then.

I Think they're safe now...

but I can still see the Bbottom 3...Play for pride...& Burnley,Brighton,Newcastle thinking they have something to prove.....

1 minute ago, messerschmitt said:

If Arsenal win the EL and Chelsea win the CL and finish in the top 4, would 4th place still be a champions league spot?

Yes. It’s only if they both win and finish outside top 4 that 4th doesn’t get CL. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, martyn said:

It's the kind of opposition we've struggled against at home this season, teams sitting back but who have pace in transition.

WBA do as well in fairness - we'll just have to hope the kitmen hold onto the cement shoes Pereira had on and give them to St. Maximin. :ph34r:

Liverpool looked v shakey at the back today playing a high line and were losing the midfield battle without Fabinho in the middle of the Park. I just don't understand Klopps logic in continuing to  play their best holding midfielder in defence when but not going to complain!  

Just looked at the remaining fixtures on the BBC. 

We've got Chelsea away on 15th May at 3.00 pm. 

Then we've got them again at 5.30 pm the same day in the FA Cup Final. 

That's going to be tough :ph34r:

Edited by Jobyfox

14 minutes ago, Hammo said:

It’s so heartwarming when justice is done.

There should be a new definition of Schadenfreude in the dictionary: listening to a Klopp interview after a disappointing result.

Just listened. Klopp can be a dick as we all know but didn’t see or hear anything wrong with his interview there. Not to say it’s not enjoyable to listen to, which was your point. 

14 minutes ago, Corky said:

Don't think Chelsea or Arsenal will win those trophies in any case.

I don’t think anybody does. But - they are one of four teams left in a competition. The time to say there’s “no chance” ended a couple weeks ago and I’ll be nervous about it til it’s no longer a possibility. 

8 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Just looked at the remaining fixtures on the BBC. 

We've got Chelsea away on 15th May at 3.00 pm. 

Then we've got them again at 5.30 pm the same day in the FA Cup Final. 

That's going to be tough :ph34r:

lol..meh, its he same for both teams..i say go for it lol

• Haha 2