Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Friday night will show whether we’ve learnt anything / come on as a team compared to last year.

Difficult to criticise when they’ve got more points than last season already, but It’ll be sickening to lose out again if it does happen. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Everybody panicking forgetting they have Everton next which they could well lose. 

We beat Newcastle and they lose to Everton, they then need 100% from their last games and us to get 0%.

In my experience of watching Leicester, those two results will go the opposite way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Seems like another sportsman from Leicester is bidding to throw away greatness from an unprobable position.

Why so negative? Glad Selby's got more courage and resilience, it's not easy to get over the line. 

We've won 3 out of our last four, and been consistent. Let's get behind the team. 

• Like 2

Ryan Mason would be the 1st caretaker manager to win 6 league games on the spin would he not? Shakespeare did 5, hopefully he matches that and then we beat them in the 6th game and end their world.

• Haha 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Ryan Mason would be the 1st caretaker manager to win 6 league games on the spin would he not? Shakespeare did 5, hopefully he matches that and then we beat them in the 6th game and end their world.

Exactly. So far they've been battered by Man City and beat a diabolical side who'll likely struggle in the Championship next season. Wow.

I believe in the quality we have which has put us 3rd in the table for the 2nd consecutive season after 34 games, if you'd offered anyone this before the start of the season we'd of took it, like others have said if we don't finish the job we haven't been good enough for CL, an if we do these pressure situations will bode well for similar future experiences. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, bovril said:

If we're going to have a meltdown at West Ham being 5 points behind us I can't wait until we're drawn in a group with Juve and Barcelona. 

I think most of us will love that tbh. Back to feeling like the comfortable underdogs giving the establishment some stick. Half the problem with people's panic around top four is in part expectation and preconceived ideas who we are as a club. Anywhere in the top 6 will be a great end to the season. Even more so given we're in the FA cup final! Nobody should be surprised it's incredibly competitive trying to hold onto our top four spot.

1 minute ago, Hoopla10 said:

I think most of us will love that tbh. Back to feeling like the comfortable underdogs giving the establishment some stick. Half the problem with people's panic around top four is in part expectation and preconceived ideas who we are as a club. Anywhere in the top 6 will be a great end to the season. Even more so given we're in the FA cup final! Nobody should be surprised it's incredibly competitive trying to hold onto our top four spot.

Of course, I wasn't being serious.

But if we can't seal the deal from here then we don't deserve to be in the top 4. Some fans seem to think we've already lost those final 3 games of the season. 

• Like 1