Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

38 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Great player but a brat! 

Can't disagree, ruined his image the way he left and what's been reported since, but a player like him, in our current squad, I firmly believe is the difference between being genuine title contenders and top 4 candidates. 

Would have been hard to keep up with Man City this season but just imagine him playing in a three with Maddison and Barnes just behind Vardy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

No away fans this season .

Could do us a favour playing our final game against Spuds with a 100% partisan crowd :brendan:

Though I do hope it doesn't come down to us needing three points by then!

38 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Could do us a favour playing our final game against Spuds with a 100% partisan crowd :brendan:

Though I do hope it doesn't come down to us needing three points by then!

#prayforperez 

4 minutes ago, brucey said:

What did he get sent off for? Denying a goalscorer opportunity or serious foul play?

I’m bemused as to how anyone can say that wasn’t a clear goal scoring opportunity. Yes he won the ball, there is no way you can’t say that Vardy wouldn’t have nipped in front of the goalkeeper to either get around him or may have caused collision leading to a possible penalty without the follow through from Vestergaard. He’d be one on one. :dunno:

Edited by stu
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, stu said:

I’m bemused as to how anyone can say that wasn’t a clear goal scoring opportunity. Yes he won the ball, there is no way you can’t say that Vardy wouldn’t have nipped in front of the goalkeeper to either get around him or may have caused collision leading to a possible penalty without the follow through from Vestergaard. He’d be one on one. :dunno:

That was my argument..... to me it was a clear goal scoring opportunity. It was also a dangerous lunge, he could have broken Vardy’s ankle. I think it’s stupid it’s been over turned. It was a dirty foul and denied Vardy a goal scoring opportunity like you say. 

• Like 2

The argument from many of the pundits at the time appears to have been:

If you touch the ball first, any subsequent contact is fair game.  Break some bones, why don't you?

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

For me, that's the correct decision. Did it even go to VAR on the night? My coverage suggested not. 

As it was a red card it should have done. I think it did. 

They're gonna be protesting on the day of our game again, I'd be very surprised if it's not delayed or even postponed.

If they beat Villa at the weekend, they'll have CL sewn up as well, so will probably ease off the pace a bit, which is good for us, but also means Liverpool could quite easily beat them.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

1 minute ago, Simmo86 said:

Bit of a shitter that, although they may rest against us to be better prepared for Liverpool?

It's 2 days after they play Villa as well, so there's bound to be a lot of rotation. I'd like to think Liverpool is a much bigger game for them than our game!