Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, funkyrobot said:

I’ve done some realistic predictions and I think we need 5 points from 4 games to stay in the top four (possibly clinging on by goal difference.) 👀  

Yikes! Will be changing underpants after every game then

2 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I think a lot of members commenting on here post match were posting out of disappointment from the result more than anything. Its always a bad time to comment when feelings are running so high. (Myself included.)

We weren't at our best, far from it when compared to some of the games this season and quite a few key players were not there usual standard, but i agree it was not THAT bad a performance. 1 pointed gained over 2 points dropped for me. 

I still see it as 2 points dropped, but every team in the league, even Man city have dropped points where they should of got something, I do look at the table an think the only reason Man utd are ahead of us, has been turning those off days into draws rather than defeats. 

• Like 1

Guest Fktf
1 hour ago, bovril said:

If we're going to have a meltdown at West Ham being 5 points behind us I can't wait until we're drawn in a group with Juve and Barcelona. 

Always enjoy the differing perceptions of what fans are worried about. I bet west ham fans are hoping we get some results in their final 3 games, rather than looking at us as the team to catch. Means we take points off Chelsea and Spurs.

I think what puts the doubts there is we were pretty poor against Southampton however I'm holding out hope it was as Rodgers said, fatigue, and if that's so we come out of the blocks on Friday and get the result, I don't think one result would be enough though, there'll be some tough decisions with the Utd fixture amid the oncoming Cup final. 

Apparently, the people behind the Man U protest plan to disrupt  their remaining home games including ours and the Liverpool replay. If our game is postponed what happens next? Credible source - Simon Johnson,  journo on Talksport. 

14 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I'm female, since when has logic come into the equation? :P

But seriously coming back to your quote, the fact is we didnt beat Southampton sadly and my post was based on the actual result.

Pressure is something that will happen and we may or may not deal with it, but thats something that we will find out one way or another in the future. For now all i want is for us to play well, take points and cement a top 3 position. :) 

I wasn't aiming that at you specifically, just an observation on how a slight mis-firing, result wise has caused a few people to react with unnecessary caution in my eyes, if a little fickle too. 

I think we will secure a top 3 position and if United wobble, I don't think there's anything wrong in trying to reel them in, assuming we beat Newcastle - which will take us to 66 points - and especially as we play them shortly and could well get something there.

Edited by Kendal Fox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Would be more fun if they remembered David Moyes is their manager and Jesse Lingard their best player.

I read this a few times now and don’t understand it at all.   
mom a bit thick at times

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Gerard said:

Think of it like the Championship.

It's all about promotion, no one cares if you win it or not, it's pretty much irrelevant. The real prize is promotion and anything else is just the cherry on top.

Our league campaign is about getting CL football at this stage not risking 4th in the hope we finish 2nd.

Man Utd are nearly home and hosed for top four, I want them to beat the teams that can still catch us and there is no better placed club to catch us more than Liverpool outside the top four and their chances will be looking great if they beat Man Utd.

I get your thinking to an extent.

But if we beat Newcastle, we will be just 3 points off of the maximum Liverpool can get which is 69. That will take a lot of pressure off of us in my view. Liverpool have to play Southampton and are probably not going to take 6 points from West Brom and Burnley.

Even if we draw both United and Chelsea matches, I think we will beat Spurs which would take us to 71 points. 

I'll be magnanimous and say I was wrong, but I don't see Liverpool taking maximum points from their remaining fixtures. Even with victory or a draw against United, which is always a possibility given their rivalry, regardless of how they perform overall.

Edited by Kendal Fox

40 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I read this a few times now and don’t understand it at all.   
mom a bit thick at times

I’m saying they shouldn’t be up where they are and if they remember who their manager is then maybe they will start losing.

18 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’m saying they shouldn’t be up where they are and if they remember who their manager is then maybe they will start losing.

Gotcha

1 hour ago, enmac said:

Apparently, the people behind the Man U protest plan to disrupt  their remaining home games including ours and the Liverpool replay. If our game is postponed what happens next? Credible source - Simon Johnson,  journo on Talksport. 

No choice but to play them as away games OR award the away team 3 points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

I'm sure were it to happen again, the away team would be awarded the points.

If you were hoping for the mass of Man United fans to sacrifice their entitlement to carry the banner of change, this thread on redcafe won’t fill you with hope.

GlazersOutOP.thumb.JPG.5232c042a09966a18a432476f8fd75ff.JPG

Assuming we get the home game against Fulham open to fans (10,000 I hear), how about a boycott of that game? Champions league should be secured by then. Maybe even 2nd place.

At the end of the day, I don't want to see the team become collateral damage in this battle where points deductions could be real.

I am willing to inherit Escobar's wealth to buy Manchester United, which has been my dream since young adolescent every time I drink beer. Jokes aside, I wish Saudis seriously buy the than Glazer hanging, simply for amount of wealth they can pour in club to make it glorified again.

buy fake united tops ones not at the game boycott sky stream it.

non-season ticket holders boycott the matches.

With the improvement we’ve had the last two years I don’t want them gone. The tide has finally turned and we want to start with new ownership? No thank you.

That was the first half page.  I'm sure there were more inspiring replies further down, but I stopped reading.  Basically most are willing to give up their Brie -- briefly -- as long as they can still have their Camembert.

5 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Would have to be neutral venue (one which was kept under wraps too). 

but there would have to be a points deduction sanction at some point for them if this persists .....

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

I still see it as 2 points dropped, but every team in the league, even Man city have dropped points where they should of got something, I do look at the table an think the only reason Man utd are ahead of us, has been turning those off days into draws rather than defeats. 

That’s the Bruno Fernandesh effect. 

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

but there would have to be a points deduction sanction at some point for them if this persists .....

They could play it at St George’s park in all honesty. 

With no fans present, it’s a neutral venue for both. 

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I agree, the PL should be looking into neutral venues. Would be difficult to keep the venue under wraps though.

4 minutes ago, Sly said:

They could play it at St George’s park in all honesty. 

With no fans present, it’s a neutral venue for both. 

Too close to Manchester 

I’d be thinking carrow road - with it being an evening k/off there’s all day for the info to leak out 

of course they shouldn’t be making any announcements that it isn’t old Trafford 

fundamentally it’s mad that we’re even speaking like this though ......just award us the three points and move on .....

4 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I'm not sure but can just play game without announcements and then just announce the result after. Of course play it anywhere even if it's old gigg lane.

The broadcasters would have a real problem with that!

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

The points deduction is an interesting one with Manchester United.

The only two examples of points deductions I can think of since the Premier League began are Portsmouth - who were deducted points through the actions of their owners.

Middlesboro - deducted points for failure to fulfill a league fixture - there whole squad came down with flu apparently.

In the last few weeks we’ve seen Man Utd along with several others bring the game into disrepute through the actions of their owners and fail to fulfill a premier league fixture.

Surely there needs to be some sort of punishment- has the Premier League got the balls to do anything... probably not...