Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The broadcasters would have a real problem with that!

That's true, the only place they could go is a training ground where no one would reckonise. If its championship club. Then televise the game from there.

Edited by Leicesterpool

They've pretty much decided the alternative now haven't they? Liverpool Fulham is being moved to next Wednesday when we play United and then United Liverpool is on the Saturday.

Or is the argument the fans will just do it again?

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

They've pretty much decided the alternative now haven't they? Liverpool Fulham is being moved to next Wednesday when we play United and then United Liverpool is on the Saturday.

Yes, their fans are intending to try and do it at every home game for the foreseeable.

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Man United surely need charging for the postponement?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/football/44633920.amp

West Ham were charged following fan invasions in a game vs Burnley, so surely a game being postponed when fans were banned from fixtures should be hit more severely? 

Lets be honest a fines not a punishment is it

15 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

The points deduction is an interesting one with Manchester United.

The only two examples of points deductions I can think of since the Premier League began are Portsmouth - who were deducted points through the actions of their owners.

Middlesboro - deducted points for failure to fulfill a league fixture - there whole squad came down with flu apparently.

In the last few weeks we’ve seen Man Utd along with several others bring the game into disrepute through the actions of their owners and fail to fulfill a premier league fixture.

Surely there needs to be some sort of punishment- has the Premier League got the balls to do anything... probably not...

I read somewhere that a team is not deducted points if the cancellation of a game is decided by the police. Apparently, that's what happened on Sunday. If the club had done it then they would. 

16 minutes ago, AjcW said:

If, we beat Newcastle and Fulham beat Burnley- not impossible. Fulham are back to 6 points behind Newcastle.

No way should they be forced to play 3 games in 7 games when they have a chance of staying up. 
If I were Fulham I really wouldn’t be happy with that situation and tell the PL to feck off.

All this happened because Liverpool and Man Utd got greedy - they should be forced to be the only teams who are disadvantaged by this. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The broadcasters would have a real problem with that!

👍 Like they did on Sunday. The game could have gone ahead but with a delayed K.O but that wouldn't have suited Sky. The hypocrisy of Sky over all of this ESL business is beyond belief.

14 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

If, we beat Newcastle and Fulham beat Burnley- not impossible. Fulham are back to 6 points behind Newcastle.

No way should they be forced to play 3 games in 7 games when they have a chance of staying up. 
If I were Fulham I really wouldn’t be happy with that situation and tell the PL to feck off.

All this happened because Liverpool and Man Utd got greedy - they should be forced to be the only teams who are disadvantaged by this. 

Liverpool don't have Fulham, he meant West Brom.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

Lets be honest a fines not a punishment is it

Not at all, unless it hits them and spending caps etc. 

26 minutes ago, enmac said:

I read somewhere that a team is not deducted points if the cancellation of a game is decided by the police. Apparently, that's what happened on Sunday. If the club had done it then they would. 

Wonder if pressure was applied by the club for the police to call the game off? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I think they should be made to play their next match in an empty stadium...

I would Add behind closed doors....whoops.!  They have Kicked them all fcuking down...haven t they..!!  :whistle:

So, Jose is new Roma manager for next season. Does this mean slimy Daniel does have to give a massive pay off for his Spurs exit?  :dry:

hmmm

Just realised Man United's next home game is against us (assuming the rescheduled game against Liverpool isn't played beforehand). No doubt they'll try and ruin that fixture too.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Just realised Man United's next home game is against us (assuming the rescheduled game against Liverpool isn't played beforehand). No doubt they'll try and ruin that fixture too.

If they could give us prior notice so we could ignore that match and just have a week to prepare for the final, that would be lovely.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I hope they keep it up until the seasons over tbh 

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Spurs are saving 15m by Jose taking the Roma job

Hopefully might stop some of the 'bloke only takes jobs for the pay off he knows he's getting' chat.

• Like 1