Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

17 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's cute Tottenham fans think they're going to poach our manager. 

Bit like Everton thinking they're big enough to take our players. 

Bless them. 

Remember that transfer window where Vardy was linked to them? Hilarious. 

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Remember that transfer window where Vardy was linked to them? Hilarious. 

Tbf some of the names I see people wanting us to go for border on hilarious too.

30 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Man City about to win another league whilst breaking a raft of rules 

I find it hard to be upset by this, I said the same thing when it was UEFA they were fighting. 

FFP is a rich man's idea being used to keep the nouveau riche (a club we're trying to join) from getting to the top table. 

Scrap it all and replace it with blanket spending caps. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I find it hard to be upset by this, I said the same thing when it was UEFA they were fighting. 

FFP is a rich man's idea being used to keep the nouveau riche (a club we're trying to join) from getting to the top table. 

And wage caps please. The wages are fuching ridiculous. They’re only playing football. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, enmac said:

I read somewhere that a team is not deducted points if the cancellation of a game is decided by the police. Apparently, that's what happened on Sunday. If the club had done it then they would. 

I don't get this.  No matter who calls if off (and I suspect Man U forced the police to do it by not taking the decision themselves and just waiting) the offence was the same and was committed by ManU -  they failed to provide adequate security thus enabling the stadium to be breached.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

And wage caps please. The wages are fuching ridiculous. They’re only playing football. 

Will never happen, teams like us and Brentford would end up being the best in the league whilst teams like United or Spurs would fade into mid table.

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

I used to argue the point that ‘oh their industry generates a fuch ton of money so it’s fine for the players to reap the benefits’ but actually on a purely human level it’s fuched up when you compare it to how people are struggling right now, when you say ‘hundreds of thousands of pounds a WEEK’ it sounds so ridiculous that the significance is kind of lost

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Will never happen, teams like us and Brentford would end up being the best in the league whilst teams like United or Spurs would fade into mid table.

Well, that or the big teams would be forced to actually reevaluate how they operate, but you're right it probably won't ever happen. 

Regardless, none of us as Leicester fans should be that enthusiastic about seeing FFP enforced. It effectively gives us a fairly immediate glass ceiling that we probably aren't all that far from hitting, given our smaller stadium and tiny commercial footprint. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nabb7 said:

I used to argue the point that ‘oh their industry generates a fuch ton of money so it’s fine for the players to reap the benefits’ but actually on a purely human level it’s fuched up when you compare it to how people are struggling right now, when you say ‘hundreds of thousands of pounds a WEEK’ it sounds so ridiculous that the significance is kind of lost

And clubs are in debt.

Really does not help himself. Surely after a weekend where hundreds broke into OT and caused a game postponement, he'd realise what needs to be done?

Admittedly a stupid tactic bombarding him in the street to get answers by Sky, however.

Edited by UniFox21

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Really does not help himself. Surely after a weekend where hundreds broke into OT and caused a game postponement, he'd realise what needs to be done?

Forget anything he’s done to Man Utd - what the feck is that hair do?

Lock down has been hard - but the balding mullet is a new one on me. 

• Haha 3

To be honest it would be unprofessional to blurt out anything in the circumstances to a bunch of mouth breathing SKY numpties. 

They did that to me and they wouldn’t be able to hear anything after I’d finished inserting their mikes. 

Appears THFC are on the hook for whatever they owed Jose for this year, plus €9 mill next.

That's at least 20 million pounds less than paying off his contract through 2022/23.

There is always a bigger idiot running another football club, if you're just smart enough to look.  Levy squirms through one of his biggest mistakes.

3 hours ago, deep blue said:

I don't get this.  No matter who calls if off (and I suspect Man U forced the police to do it by not taking the decision themselves and just waiting) the offence was the same and was committed by ManU -  they failed to provide adequate security thus enabling the stadium to be breached.

I think I read it in the Liverpool Echo. Doubt if they're unbiased but they quoted a law or rule which said this. I agree with your view, but I could see Man U suing the PL if they deducted points, which is probably why they will never even try do so. How would they prove that they were waiting for the police to cancel it? Anyway it's Man U. They're bound to be more lenient towards one of the "big teams."

33 minutes ago, enmac said:

I think I read it in the Liverpool Echo. Doubt if they're unbiased but they quoted a law or rule which said this. I agree with your view, but I could see Man U suing the PL if they deducted points, which is probably why they will never even try do so. How would they prove that they were waiting for the police to cancel it? Anyway it's Man U. They're bound to be more lenient towards one of the "big teams."

What’re they going to do... form their own league or something?:ph34r:

• Haha 3

Bit off topic but european agent Mahrez was right on it last night ,Very unusual to see him in the tunnel at half time giving the players some words and then running out first .Even got well upset with a PSG player near the end after a shirt pulling captain had to calm him down.

Over to agent Kante

2 hours ago, dynamark said:

Bit off topic but european agent Mahrez was right on it last night ,Very unusual to see him in the tunnel at half time giving the players some words and then running out first .Even got well upset with a PSG player near the end after a shirt pulling captain had to calm him down.

Over to agent Kante

Makes you realise what a player Mahrez is. We miss the little grumpy tw@t. 

• Like 3