Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

51 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

For me, that's the correct decision. Did it even go to VAR on the night? My coverage suggested not. 

All decisions are checked that are red card, penalty or goals 

Right decision was made in the end thankfully. Vardy was unfortunate to be on the recieving end of him following through, but Vestergaard has reached the ball first and flicked it back towards his keeper. Contact isn't a foul, it feels like that message needs to be shouted louder as each week passes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They are furious on Red Cafe, but I have no idea what they expected. :dunno:

They can pretend this was the Super League all they like, but it was about the Glazers (which I get) but you pay the cost for knackering the competition schedule 

• Like 1

New TV games in full 

Tuesday 11 May 

18:00 Man Utd v Leicester (BT Sport)
20:15 Southampton v Crystal Palace (Sky Sports)

Thursday 13 May 

18:00 Aston Villa v Everton (Sky Sports) 
20:15 Man Utd v Liverpool (Sky Sports)

Tuesday 18 May

18:00 Man Utd v Fulham (Sky Sports)
18:00 Southampton v Leeds (Sky Sports)
19:00 Brighton v Man City (BT Sport)
20:15 Chelsea v Leicester (Sky Sports)

Wednesday 19 May

18:00 Everton v Wolves (Sky Sports)
18:00 Newcastle v Sheff Utd (Sky Sports)
18:00 Spurs v Aston Villa (Sky Sports)
19:00 Crystal Palace v Arsenal (BT Sport)
20:15 Burnley v Liverpool (Sky Sports) 
20:15 West Brom v West Ham (Sky Sports)

40 minutes ago, Corky said:

Those 6pm kick-offs with fans back are going to be an absolute bugger, aren't they?

I know some teams weren't keen on it due to staff working in other jobs etc.

Cant see the Police allowing it on traffic and transport issues as well

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

It's 2 days after they play Villa as well, so there's bound to be a lot of rotation. I'd like to think Liverpool is a much bigger game for them than our game!

Of course it is. We didn’t get invited into the magnificent seven.

Re vestergard red hope vardy is Ok for next match .So is it Ok to break a players leg providing you have touched the ball first.The entire tackle is the responsibilty of the player .Im thinking back to Pickford on van Dyck early on - it has to judged on the total incident 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Corky said:

Those 6pm kick-offs with fans back are going to be an absolute bugger, aren't they?

I did hear it mooted they were here to stay even when fans are allowed back in into future seasons.

Seems like it's the case, I get it's just for 1 game this season, at the end of the season but it doesn't bode well and feel it's 'testing the waters' as to what they can get away with a push for.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

25 minutes ago, Matt said:

I did hear it mooted they were here to stay even when fans are allowed back in into future seasons.

Seems like it's the case, I get it's just for 1 game this season, at the end of the season but it doesn't bode well and feel it's 'testing the waters' as to what they can get away with a push for.

I mean let's face it, the TV companies don't give a toss about match going fans and Covid has given them the excuse to have games at whatever bloody time they want, any day of the week.

• Like 3

I’m sure this has been asked before, but if Man City win the Champions League, or if Chelsea do and finish in the top 5, all of the top 5 will have qualified for the Champions League next season? Champions League winners going through automatically, plus the 1st 4 in the league.

1 minute ago, Big Dave said:

I’m sure this has been asked before, but if Man City win the Champions League, or if Chelsea do and finish in the top 5, all of the top 5 will have qualified for the Champions League next season? Champions League winners going through automatically, plus the 1st 4 in the league.

There can only be 5 from one country. If the CL winner finishes top 4, then those 4 qualify for next season CL and there's basically no spot to the CL winner as they've qualified by league position. If Chelsea finish 5th and win the CL they get the extra 5th spot for English teams. It actually wouldn't matter where Chelsea ended up in the league as their qualification would be based on winning the CL, but yeah all 5 would qualify.

It gets complicated should Chelsea win thr CL and finish 5th and Arsenal win the EL and don't get in the top 4. Then 4th would miss out on the CL. But if we're honest that most likely to be West Ham or Liverpool in 4th if Chelsea end up 5th.

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

I mean let's face it, the TV companies don't give a toss about match going fans and Covid has given them the excuse to have games at whatever bloody time they want, any day of the week.

Yeah, Sky have been banging on about how important fans are (before they invade pitches and disrupt their schedule) so we'll see what will happen going forward.

I'd imagine we'll be straight back to crap kick-off times and complaints again.

Amazing what happens when you play Kante in his actual position; centre mid. Feel like it's a good way to test if somebody was a Leicester fan before the title win as they'd know he's not a holding midfielder, wasn't for us, and never has been. Or that they just don't have a clue about football :D.

Going to be bloody hard playing against that at Wembley.

2 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Amazing what happens when you play Kante in his actual position; centre mid. Feel like it's a good way to test if somebody was a Leicester fan before the title win as they'd know he's not a holding midfielder, wasn't for us, and never has been. Or that they just don't have a clue about football :D.

Rio and Cole are terrible pundits. Swear they don't even watch the games they work on let alone any others.

Says a lot when Michael Owen is best pundit on the panel.

• Like 1

I must admit I’m a bit concerned that ole throws a strop and plays a youth team line up for Liverpool.  I guess this is one advantage of having an ex player as manager, he should surely know that as it’s a rival they can’t do that. 

Hopefully it’s reserves for Roma and us and full strength for villa and Liverpool. 

surely that makes the most sense 

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Rio and Cole are terrible pundits. Swear they don't even watch the games they work on let alone any others.

Says a lot when Michael Owen is best pundit on the panel.

I didn't even see any of the punditry, just the second half lol. It's more the fact that most football fans talk about him as a defensive midfielder and plenty of our own fans do, yet he never played there for us. 

I don't think there are many better than Wilf in his position but that's not Kante's position so even those comparisons are a little off base. Kante basically does 2 roles in one and I genuinely do believe that an in form Kante probably has an even bigger impact on a game than a peak Messi/Ronaldo

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I must admit I’m a bit concerned that ole throws a strop and plays a youth team line up for Liverpool.  I guess this is one advantage of having an ex player as manager, he should surely know that as it’s a rival they can’t do that. 

Hopefully it’s reserves for Roma and us and full strength for villa and Liverpool. 

They won't play a weakened side against Roma. They don't want to be 2-0 down after half an hour with a makeshift side. 

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

I didn't even see any of the punditry, just the second half lol. It's more the fact that most football fans talk about him as a defensive midfielder and plenty of our own fans do, yet he never played there for us. 

I don't think there are many better than Wilf in his position but that's not Kante's position so even those comparisons are a little off base. Kante basically does 2 roles in one and I genuinely do believe that an in form Kante probably has an even bigger impact on a game than a peak Messi/Ronaldo

Ah Rio and Joe Cole were talking about him as a holding midfielder around the time you posted lol

I know what you mean, Kante breaks up play so he's seen as a holding midfielder, but he's so much more than that. He's not quite a box to box midfielder as he doesn't score or get in the box enough, but he's a driving force, a ball carrier. 

28 minutes ago, Gerard said:

They won't play a weakened side against Roma. They don't want to be 2-0 down after half an hour with a makeshift side. 

At 4-0 up you think they will go full strength with the fixtures they have coming up? I’d be incredibly surprised. 

There will be no fernandes or cavani guaranteed 

Guest Fktf
1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Any match against Liverpool is a must win for united fans, and vice versa. They'll play a decent side for roma and villa, reserves against us, and full strength at Liverpool.

10 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Tuchel has done brilliantly for sure, but I'm half of the mind that Lampard was his own biggest issue playing the likes of Kante and Havertz out of position. 

39 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Tuchel has done brilliantly for sure, but I'm half of the mind that Lampard was his own biggest issue playing the likes of Kante and Havertz out of position. 

And completely forgetting the fact he had Rudiger lol