Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

So a win against Chelsea and a draw v Spurs is O.K? (cba to look at the table :D)

If we win vs Chelsea we make CL regardless

If we draw vs Chelsea, then beat Spurs we make CL regardless 

If we lose to Chelsea or draw to them then draw or lose to Spurs it requires either Liverpool or Chelsea to drop points in their other games, or for us to beat Spurs by several goals to overturn Liverpool's goal difference

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I reckon Burnley could nick something against Liverpool. If we avoid defeat to Chelsea we are in a strong position. Also not guaranteed that Chelsea win at Villa on the final day. Not an easy game 

3 minutes ago, Rsswmu said:

Liverpool is not good and they will drop points before the end of the season. Burnley on two days rest will do them in.

It would be nice if Burnley could do us a favour. But it makes you wonder just how much of Liverpool's points total last season was due to the use of VAR??

No doubt they would have won the league anyway, but it's the way they were allowed to use VAR and I'm not sure they've been afforded the same overkill with it this season and we've seen the difference to an extent.

Liverpool not playing well but still grinding out results

Looks like we need to beat Chelsea to qualify outright on Tuesday, a draw would leave us needing to win against Spurs. If we lose to Chelsea than even beating Spurs could leave us 5th on goal difference

Just now, lcfcell said:

Need to stop saying Liverpool will drop points. They won’t. 

I was one saying the would but after how they won that today, I can see them winning the next 2 now. 

We just have to get that win on Tuesday. 

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

If we win vs Chelsea we make CL regardless

If we draw vs Chelsea, then beat Spurs we make CL regardless 

Any other set of results requires either Liverpool or Chelsea to drop points in their other games, or for us to beat Spurs by several goals to overturn Liverpool's goal difference

See this is why I was more bothered about winning the cup.

All this top 4 stuff is far too complicated for me :S

• Haha 2

It will get lost in all this, but hearing Carragher whoop at the Liverpool goal is a double gutpunch.

Why do they think it's OK to have one Co-Commentator who is a fan of one of the teams.

Sky proving that they cater to the big lying 6 again.

:mad:

• Like 4

Just now, Jakemoore said:

As much as I can’t see Chelsea beating City in the CL final, if they do, 4th won’t be good enough so we need at least 4 points to get 3rd. 

4 will definitely be a CL spot. Whatever Chelsea do.

Just now, Vacamion said:

It will get lost in all this, but hearing Carragher whoop at the Liverpool goal is a double gutpunch.

Why do they think it's OK to have one Co-Commentator who is a fan of one of the teams.

Sky proving that they cater to the big lying 6 again.

:mad:

I thought the exact same. If they were playing us and that happened, I’d be going mental. 

9 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

They won't be that shit again.

I think they will. They played this game like they've done a lot this season. A bit crap, lots of missed chances and being dug out by Salah. The problem is the teams they're facing are shitter. Burnley need to forget about trying to play with freedom and go back to what they've always better at, park the bus, defend, defend, defend. Palace will play like WBA and attempt to catch Liverpool on the break. I'm just going to safely assume Liverpool will win all their games (as I did today) but I don't think it's a given they will. 

Edited by Hoopla10

All this will do is just is just hurt the scousers even more when they get so close..... but still don’t make the top four..... we will do this. Didn’t a lot of us (myself included) say Chelsea would win the FA cup? They didn’t.

1 minute ago, Jakemoore said:

As much as I can’t see Chelsea beating City in the CL final, if they do, 4th won’t be good enough so we need at least 4 points to get 3rd. 

Are you sure? Don't confuse me any more FFS

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Absolute joke that was. 

Ridiculous.

Knowing us now we'll draw both games and miss out 

Or lose 1 and draw 1

Or lose 2

Or win 1 draw 1

Or win 1 lose 1

Or win 2