Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

24 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

Can you explain to me why one is completely fine and the other is bad enough to warrant comment?

You’re also ignoring that the BBC is funded on license fees and has a remit to represent the whole country. Sky is a corporation and can do what it pleases. If anything there is much more onus on the BBC to be impartial because of that.

The one that is enough to warrant comment is the one that is rammed down the rest of football's throat week after week in much of the in-match commentary on Sky and BT.

I've posted a few times in this thread about broadcasters mistakenly thinking that co-commentators with an affinity for one of the sides featured is a good idea when it is, generally, really quite annoying to neutrals.

It annoys me when they put Gary Neville on to the co-commentary on Burnley v Man United, so it isn't just a Leicester City thing.

Gary Lineker is not on co-commentary. 

Presenting is not the same thing as co-commentary.

Yesterday was a weird and very unusual day, wasn't it?

We'd need Gary Lineker whooping and cheering for Leicester City *during the match* every time we play, and then giving analysis through Leicester-tinted spectacles, and probably suggesting any decent player for any other team ought to sign for Leicester, for it to be anything like remotely comparable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

I stated before Liverpool played Utd that Liverpool will win their remaining 4 games.

Which means we'll need 4 points from the last 2 games, a huge ask.:(

Unless we just beat Chelsea.:)

Bet you weren’t so cocksure at 94 mins today, Ronnie 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

• preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision

Could Alisson have positioned himself better, and broke on the header faster, if Phillips wasn't a few feet in front of him?  Matter of interpretation, but I'd say yes.

Frankly I was raging at Phillips when I saw that angle, because he made it too easy for Dean, and for VAR to uphold him.  He could have shat on Alisson's shoes from that position.

As someone who spent their whole childhood playing as a goalkeeper and someone with eyes, I know that he wouldn't have had anywhere near the time required to make that decision and get down. 

Unfortunately the officials never seem to have played a game of footie in their lives so make these mental decisions.

• Like 1

Maybe I'm clutching at straws but I still think that Liverpool win papers over the cracks. They were poor today and they've got out of jail thanks to some outrageous luck. I'm not so sure they will beat both Palace and Burnley. Burnley getting tonked 0-4 by Leeds could work in our favour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Sky play up to it. They think viewers like it.

I just ****ing hate sky. The lot of em. The beeb and even bt put them to shame last night.

The game yesterday without skys incessant shit was so much better.

Thankfully I'll be either in the pub or at the ground from now on (fingers crossed). 

**** sky.

SKY News is just as bad, full of opinion and 12 year old know it all’s telling the viewer what to think. Half the time it’s just pure bullshit. Same with Sky Sports. To be honest, though, you struggle to get unbiased opinionated news or reporting on anything from anywhere. Strange times. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

we are probably not the best team to ask about that mate.

Sorry talking as a netball  but yes a few teams have struggled at home.

Be nice for us to beat Everton at their place - never have done so. 

3 minutes ago, bovril said:

That's probably the worst result for any PL team this season. 

Man United lost at home to Sheff Utd as well.