Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Aside from being Liverpool, it is brilliant when a goalie scores. Not only that but it was a fantastic header, fair play Allison and a nice interview afterwards when speaking of his late father.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

When Liverpool get top 4, the amount of crap we're going to hear about their injury list is just going to be unbearable. 

The amount of everything will be unbearable. They WILL choke. 

On the commentary bias situation- the solution is simple. You have a neutral or you have someone from each side. There are two teams playing in the game and should have an equal footing.

I could imagine Lineker's fanboy schtick yesterday was grating for Chelsea fans and neutrals- had it been the other way round we'd be complaining- but he's not doing it on air for 90 minutes, we don't hear it on live matches every week and he covers virtually all BBC games regardless of the clubs involved.

Are Sky terrified that viewers will turn off if Man United and Liverpool aren't heavily represented?

• Like 2

I think Palace is probably our best shot to get anything off Liverpool but after today, they have to be heavy favorites to make it.  The more likely question is whether we or Chelsea is the 4th club.

8 hours ago, Corky said:

On the commentary bias situation- the solution is simple. You have a neutral or you have someone from each side. There are two teams playing in the game and should have an equal footing.

I could imagine Lineker's fanboy schtick yesterday was grating for Chelsea fans and neutrals- had it been the other way round we'd be complaining- but he's not doing it on air for 90 minutes, we don't hear it on live matches every week and he covers virtually all BBC games regardless of the clubs involved.

Are Sky terrified that viewers will turn off if Man United and Liverpool aren't heavily represented?

To be fair, Chelsea had Ashley Cole in their corner, I thought the balance was fair. 

7 hours ago, mad biker said:

Think you mean IF they get into the top 4 Uni :-)

Its virtually in their hands now. Chelsea need to win in Tuesday, we need to not lose really. Otherwise we are going into the last day needing goals. 

Either way, it's going to be exciting and excruciating. Just praying for another 1-0 win on Tuesday. 

We just need to avoid defeat on Tuesday. We can take Spurs, we need to make it possible that the bin dippers can’t overtake us on Wednesday. Do that and we will be fine. Let Chelsea and then scrap it out for that last place. 

18 hours ago, filbertway said:

As someone who spent their whole childhood playing as a goalkeeper and someone with eyes, I know that he wouldn't have had anywhere near the time required to make that decision and get down. 

Unfortunately the officials never seem to have played a game of footie in their lives so make these mental decisions.

From an experienced viewpoint, you feel sure no unfair advantage was gained.  Which is merely the reason the rule exists!

While I’m looking at it as “what is this referee -- Star Of The Show Mike Dean -- going to give”.

Your take on applying the rule is more valid honestly.  But I wouldn’t have my club’s coaches teach it.  The ref is by far the most important man on the pitch.  You have to play to the way the game is officiated.  And offside is commonly given on these.

So don’t stand one pace in front of the keeper’s face miles offside.  You can’t possibly know whether a save is on or not, and you can’t try to play the ball.  So why the **** are you there?

9 hours ago, bongo92 said:

BBC morning news first thing which is mentioned is Alison’s goal :giggle: classic favouritism 

They'd probably done all the cup final stuff on Sunday- don't see a huge deal with that being the main story today.

Could this be the start of the exodus?

Harry Kane again tells Tottenham he wants to leave as Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea lie in wait

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/12309404/harry-kane-again-tells-tottenham-he-wants-to-leave-as-manchester-city-manchester-united-chelsea-lie-in-wait

“Kane's preference is to remain in the Premier League and he wants to have his future resolved before turning out for England at this summer's European Championships in June.” 

• Like 1

Just now, Corky said:

I'm not surprised- I know we mock him but he is too good a player not to win trophies or be in the Champions League.

He's been too good for Spurs for a while...  As for Son - well he's a twat and they can keep him :P 

3 minutes ago, lcfcfoz said:

Hope he doesn't start against us now

We can hope for Kane to be worrying about getting injured before a big money move and the Euros but we're going to get Kane going for the Golden Boot and on his swansong... Typical.

• Like 1

Not convinced Kane will go as the asking price will be huge.

If he does, I'd make Man City slight favourites over Man Utd, but depends whether one of those is invested in trying to sign Haaland.

Edited by martyn