Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

4 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

I think it was because they played really really well last season and haven’t been as good this season.

They played very well and would have won the league anyway. But from memory there were 4 maybe 5 matches in which they were in a losing position, only to get the other teams' goal chalked off with VAR. Or the other team having a legitimate call to use VAR only for the ref to refuse to refer to it.

11 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

As much as I can’t see Chelsea beating City in the CL final, if they do, 4th won’t be good enough so we need at least 4 points to get 3rd. 

You mug, mate! 😄

9 minutes ago, crisp packet said:

Why was Bartley’s goal disallowed? 

Joke .

Because Matt Phillips was just in front of Allison, and between him and the ball when it was headed into his box.  The keeper's sight was impeded.

2009850130_WBAoffside.JPG.600b16346815a1adfaa129fc5cf1f7e8.JPG

I'm sick about the ending of that game, but I am not going to make myself sicker over this call.  I'd be furious if that was Kasper and offside wasn't given.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We must win at Chelsea. If we lose I think we'll bottle it against spurs especially with the half decent form they've been in. A draw does us no favours either. 

I think Tuchel will employ chillwell and pacey wing backs with more height in the box I.e. Giroud on Tuesday so I wouldn't be surprised if we go with a back 4 with RP and Castagna on either side. I'd ditch Iheanacho and add Maddidon for a more condensed midfield and put vards up top on his own to stretch the pitch. Stopping those crosses on Tuesday will be crucial because I think they'll be throwing everything in from play out wide.

• Like 1

Just now, Milo said:

I’m kind of sanguine about this, to be honest. 

We have just won the FA cup and are about to finish in a European place in the Premier League. 

Absolutely this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Because Matt Phillips was just in front of Allison, and between him and the ball when it was headed into his box.  The keeper's sight was impeded.

I'm sick about the ending of that game, but I am not going to make myself sicker over this call.  I'd be furious if that was Kasper and offside wasn't given.

He gets absolutely nowhere near the goal with or without that bloke in front of him. He can't be interfering with play.

Just now, Milo said:

I’m kind of sanguine about this, to be honest. 

We have just won the FA cup and are about to finish in a European place in the Premier League. 

Exactly this. I feel like nobody can hurt me anymore - for this season at least.

It's already the 2nd best season in our history - and could get even better 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Out of interest why is that? He wouldnt have got anywhere near it if he could see the whole picture.

• Like 1