Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

9 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Don’t get all the fuss about Partey. Holding midfielder is the one position where you don’t need to pay a fortune to get a decent player. 

Hmmmmm it's not quite as easy as that is it, sometimes its the missing link to glue a team together to be excellent defensively and then ruthless going forward as it allows the team to maximise its creative and attacking players. That said Partey is more than just a holding midfielder so I still see Arsenal playing with a double pivot but with Partey and Xhaka being given the instructions to take it in turns to be box to box.

Put it this way if Ndidi was available for £45m do you think team's would have waited until the last few hours of deadline day to go for him? 

7 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I thought Jack Wilshire had given up football till now. Just amazes me this guy is still picking up a wage, honestly so overated.

Over rated or unfortunate, easy to right him off as a player stealing a living because he’s been out for so long but pre-injuries in my eyes he was the closest player England had to  being the next Gazza (in relation to talent) then and probably since, he was often England’s best player in that time period, name me a player since that could carry the ball like him from CM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twister said:

correct if sancho had remained at city, he might have got a chance, more likley he ends up being loaned here there and everywhere.

I want to make a point that Maguire would have done better in the game 20 years ago at a united, the media and social media make it toxic for players now.

Agreed on this, you would never imagine 15 years ago a new player coming in the dressing room and acting the big shot straight away, but it happens now.

The days of hierarchy and earning your place have gone now, partly because of the turn around of players at clubs now being so rapid due to money.

He would still have been a poor defender then. Plus he'd have not got anywhere near a Man Utd side 20 years ago.

Players still got slated but it just wasn't done on social media. The media themselves have always picked on particular people.

35 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

A very kind gesture. Arsenal have really shown their lack of empathy recently. 

You say "very kind gesture", I say top trolling by Ozil. lol

No way can Arsenal accept that offer and even if they did it's pocket change for Ozil. He'll earn more in a day. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, casablancas said:

He’s paying someone’s wages or at least pay the club meaning he’s kinda paying the wages. How’s that trolling , yes it can be a dig at the arse. But couldn’t it just be a very kind gesture? The cynicism on here at times is just depressing. Take it as an act of charity. 

Part time job.

25 home games a year at £100 a match? 

£2,500 a year he'll be covering and he earns £18m a year. 

He's trolling Arsenal.

18 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It would've perhaps been better if he'd done it anonymously but there's a chap who's keeping his job now and that's a good thing, surely?

Except he's not. The bloke has been made redundant but they're still on about carrying on with the mascot when it's needed again. Whether the same guy gets his job back is another matter. 

41 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Part time job.

He's trolling Arsenal.

Won’t be a part time job necessarily at a club of that size. 

All the events in their junior supporters clubs, turning up to Women’s and Under 23 games (given they are held at Boreham Wood) birthday parties, school visits, even the occasional sponsorship gig 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Part time job.

He's trolling Arsenal.

The guy in the suit might have another job within the club. Also its not just home games, I've seen Filbert in social media post City put out. He's at events during the week outside match day. I doubt its a huge wage, but its not as simple as couple £100 every match day.