Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

18 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

I feel bad for maguire in that this is the type of thing that could lead him down a dark path.

Big money moves have grand expectations and while i cant fault him for taking the money its not always worth it. He should never have been made captain,  that was a bad call.

Salary caps are needed to cut down on hoarding and these sort of things. Sancho made a wiser decision going to germany

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

The guy in the suit might have another job within the club. Also its not just home games, I've seen Filbert in social media post City put out. He's at events during the week outside match day. I doubt its a huge wage, but its not as simple as couple £100 every match day.

They don’t help themselves do they. Surely they could have just said they were scrapping gunnasaraus because they wanted to go a different direction, rather than we can’t afford him... before splurging 50m on a player. 

Its just terrible pr, surely they could have put out a more sensible message. 

I hate that fans were crowdsourcing for fluffy dinosaur and raising more money than they would for Macclesfield 

Just now, Lambert09 said:

They don’t help themselves do they. Surely they could have just said they were scrapping gunnasaraus because they wanted to go a different direction, rather than we can’t afford him... before splurging 50m on a player. 

Its just terrible pr, surely they could have put out a more sensible message. 

I hate that fans were crowdsourcing for a fluffy dinosaur and raising more money than they would for Macclesfield 

Personally I think the idea of the PL assisting the lower leagues in monetary stakes is unfair.

However when you see these panic, last minute signings; you can’t help but feel in the current circumstances there should be a tax on transfer fees for redistribution.

Unpopular view here Cavani will do ok at united

Is he injury prone now yes, but he is 6 foot 3 built like a tank ,  and like vardy loves proving people wrong, he has a edge about him always has done, scoring and winning is in his dna.

winners are born not made.

Can somebody explain to me how chelsea are working within fifas new loan rules

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/new-rules-fifa-put-cap-on-loan-deals-limit-to-go-down-further-in-2022/view/news/355880

they have well over the 8 players over 21. are the rules not enforced then yet.because its still insane how many they have out on loan.

on Player
GK United States USA Ethan Wady (to Dartford until 31 May 2021)
GK England ENG Jamal Blackman (to Rotherham United until 31 May 2021)
GK England ENG Jamie Cumming (to Stevenage until 31 May 2021)
GK England ENG Teddy Sharman-Lowe (to Burton Albion until 31 May 2021)
DF Italy ITA Davide Zappacosta (to Genoa until 30 June 2021)
DF Wales WAL Ethan Ampadu (to Sheffield United until 30 June 2021)
DF England ENG Trevoh Chalobah (to Lorient until 30 June 2021)
DF England ENG Marc Guehi (to Swansea City until 31 May 2021)
DF United States USA Matt Miazga (to Anderlecht until 30 June 2021)
DF France FRA Malang Sarr (to Porto until 30 June 2021)
MF England ENG Conor Gallagher (to West Bromwich Albion until 30 June 2021)
MF Serbia SRB Danilo Pantić (to Čukarički until 30 June 2021)
MF England ENG George McEachran (to Maastricht until 30 June 2021)
MF England ENG Jon Russell (to Accrington Stanley until 31 May 2021)

No. Pos. Nation Player
MF Brazil BRA Kenedy (to Granada until 30 June 2021)
MF England ENG Lewis Baker (to Trabzonspor until 30 June 2021)
MF England ENG Luke McCormick (to Bristol Rovers until 31 May 2021)
MF Brazil BRA Lucas Piazon (to Rio Ave until 30 June 2021)
MF Netherlands NED Marco van Ginkel (to PSV until 30 June 2021)
MF England ENG Ross Barkley (to Aston Villa until 30 June 2021)
MF England ENG Ruben Loftus-Cheek (to Fulham until 30 June 2021)
MF England ENG Tariq Uwakwe (to Accrington Stanley until 31 May 2021)
MF France FRA Tiémoué Bakayoko (to Napoli until 30 June 2021)
FW Albania ALB Armando Broja (to Vitesse until 30 June 2021)
FW England ENG Charlie Brown (to Union SG until 30 June 2021)
FW England ENG Izzy Brown (to Sheffield Wednesday until 31 May 2021)
FW England ENG Ike Ugbo (to Cercle Brugge until 30 June 2021)
FW Belgium BEL Michy Batshuayi (to Crystal Palace until 30 June 2021)

10 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

😂

To be fair hes right. They've checked it and its not getting given, and all Rashford will do is get himself in trouble by protesting. 

I am not a huge Maguire fan but what is so bad with this.

18 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He can't win, he's become that figure of public derision that people are going to find any excuse to laugh at whatever he does. 

That comes hand in hand though with playing for a club that gets given penalties after the final whistle has been blown. He knew what he was getting himself in for, no sympathy is due from anyone to be honest, least of all our fans after his brother gave it the biggun at the end of last season. 

Hope he's shipped out on loan to Burnley in a couple of years to be honest. 

8 hours ago, weller54 said:

The grass is not always greener..hey Arry Boy!

Pretty sure the grass is and has been greener for Harry - doubled or tripled his wages, been made Captain, got champions league and playing for a big club cements his England place. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Shows him in a good light to be quite honest, I actually like that. He's telling Rashford to shut up and get on with the game which is spot on. 

It doesn't matter if the decision is right or wrong, it's not for the players to be yelling their verdicts at the ref. 

If VAR has checked it and found no wrong doing then you move on, be professional and get ready for whatever is next. 

The hypocrites laughing at Maguire for not throwing down and trying to intimidate the ref are the same people that would be crying and calling him an arsehole if he did. He can't win, he's become that figure of public derision that people are going to find any excuse to laugh at whatever he does. 

Look, he's a footballer they over paid for and who's a bit overrated, that's all, get over it. 

I agree, if the same incident  was for us, that’s exactly what I want Morgan or Kasper to do, you’ve just had one player sent off, don’t give the ref an excuse to get another on a yellow or sent off. 
I can’t believe some are giving Maguire stick over this.

12 hours ago, weller54 said:

The grass is not always greener..hey Arry Boy!

Never get this argument. He's signed for literally one of the biggest clubs in the World. Yeah they're a laughing stock atm but they still finished 3rd last season. Most players wouldn't reject a club like Manchester United to stay at Leicester.

"Grass is not always greener" is such an over used phrase.

• Like 1

On 04/10/2020 at 22:22, Nalis said:

The Everton supporters I know were very sound about our title winning season, would be ok with them winning the league. Long way to go of course. 

It'd be amazing if they did, and with fans back in the stadiums as no one would ever talk about Liverpool winning it last season ever again lol