Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

7 minutes ago, Koke said:

I hope this isn't true but if it is then I feel bad fir Maguire. A lot of people are on Bruno's side but Bruno Fernandes have a history of doing this. He comes across as a petulant child. Nobody likes losing. No need for this.

I don’t feel bad for him, highly paid Sportsman on 200k p/w.

His flaws were there to be seen in his final season with us, the lack of pace etc.

He just had a better defensive partner next to him.

His performance against Spurs was shocking 

let’s not forget he is the most expensive defender in world football and the 13th highest transfer in the history of football.

All he needed was a bit of clown music on his spurs highlight reel.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

Yes. It was with Lindelof. He also has history of doing it at Sporting. Man comes scross as a ****. Better players than him dont act like that when losing. 

The best players drag their team to the higher levels, they cause everyone to raise their game. They don't belittle players and shit like this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

To be honest apart from the odd penalty when was the last time he himself had a good game? 

He's produced some absolute stinkers in a United shirt but somehow sees fit to have rows with team mates.

1 hour ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Maguire needs to be a strong enough character to overcome his problems and the ridicule he receives.

In the late 1980's Tony Adams suffered terrible abuse with the Eeyore donkey chants and caricatures but he managed to regain his form. He came back stronger and became an Arsenal and Premier League legend. 

Agree with the sentiment, but Adams became alcohol dependent, his marriage collapsed and did six months bird before beginning to shake off the donkey tag. 

So overcoming crowd abuse isn't quite as simple as just getting on with it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Koke said:

I hope this isn't true but if it is then I feel bad fir Maguire. A lot of people are on Bruno's side but Bruno Fernandes have a history of doing this. He comes across as a petulant child. Nobody likes losing. No need for this.

Maguire needed a drubbing after that performance, he was rechid. Least Bruno seems like he actually cares

9 PL positive cases across players/staff from testing between 28th Sept - 4th Oct

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/12091117/coronavirus-premier-league-confirms-nine-positive-cases-in-latest-testing-results

The Premier League has confirmed there have been nine positive coronavirus cases recorded in the latest round of testing.

It comes after 10 positive cases were confirmed from last week's testing in the English top-flight, the highest number in any round of Premier League testing so far.

A statement read: "The Premier League can today confirm that between Monday 28 September through to Sunday 4 October, 1,587 players and club staff were tested for Covid-19. Of these, there were nine new positive tests.

"Players or club staff who have tested positive will self-isolate for a period of 10 days.

"The Premier League is providing this aggregated information for the purposes of competition integrity and transparency.

"No specific details as to clubs or individuals will be provided by the League and results will be made public after each round of testing."

The figures last week included West Ham boss David Moyes, and Hammers players Issa Diop and Josh Cullen.

On 04/10/2020 at 13:58, twister said:

Lamela is a personification of the modern game

shithouse of a player, average footballer and utter cheat.

He really is a fartsniffer of a human being, but since Man Utd. have their own in Bruno Fernandes, and have been playing off that to cheat refs since January? I'm at peace with them being on the receiving end of his Bismarck impression. :fishing:

• Like 1

There is a reason no one came in for Fernandes and only United were willing to pay the asking price of a pretty average fee these days. Guy doesn't like losing of course, which is fair enough but there are ways to act. It's funny and cool to laugh at Maguire but I do feel a little for him, not his fault they paid £80m for him, and his confidence is shot. 

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

I don’t feel bad for him, highly paid Sportsman on 200k p/w.

His flaws were there to be seen in his final season with us, the lack of pace etc.

He just had a better defensive partner next to him.

His performance against Spurs was shocking 

let’s not forget he is the most expensive defender in world football and the 13th highest transfer in the history of football.

All he needed was a bit of clown music on his spurs highlight reel.

Modern football issues eh

Lads on monster wages with agents galore egos higher than the sky. If i'm magure i'd have every right to lump him if he said that about me.

its basically a ego factory now the modern game.

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Don’t know what all the fuss is about Bruno venting. I imagine Roy Keane might have been a little worse at tines. 

We see how Roy's like it in the studio, imagine how he was in the dressing room :o

9 hours ago, KingsX said:

It’s obvious Maguire is not strong-minded.  He isn’t wired to handle the weight of that transfer fee, much less the United captaincy.  Won’t face the press after a bad match.

Now he’s damaged his off-the-field reputation.  And the worse place his mind gets to, the more shockingly he plays.

He’s a national laughing stock.  The ₤80M pound fridge/wardrobe is the dominant theme on football social media.  Maguire jokes and memes get massive reposts and upvotes.  His image as a player is now fixed in the public mind.

My reflex is to feel bad for him, because he is a decent character and gave his best for us.  But as a United player he’s spent too much time badgering officials and making excuses, and not enough just getting on with it.  My mental image of him now is arms outstretched, on his ass, looking for a ref to complain to.  He’s slotted into that Entitlement Crew as if he’d been there his whole life.

A great transfer for LCFC, but it’s ruining Maguire’s career.  Elite young players: when you hear the siren song of the Big Money Six, make sure it’s the right move at the right time!

I feel bad for maguire in that this is the type of thing that could lead him down a dark path.

Big money moves have grand expectations and while i cant fault him for taking the money its not always worth it. He should never have been made captain,  that was a bad call.

Salary caps are needed to cut down on hoarding and these sort of things. Sancho made a wiser decision going to germany

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

I feel bad for maguire in that this is the type of thing that could lead him down a dark path.

Big money moves have grand expectations and while i cant fault him for taking the money its not always worth it. He should never have been made captain,  that was a bad call.

Salary caps are needed to cut down on hoarding and these sort of things. Sancho made a wiser decision going to germany

correct if sancho had remained at city, he might have got a chance, more likley he ends up being loaned here there and everywhere.

I want to make a point that Maguire would have done better in the game 20 years ago at a united, the media and social media make it toxic for players now.

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

Keane pretty much earned that respect and to act like that.

Has Fernandes?

Agreed on this, you would never imagine 15 years ago a new player coming in the dressing room and acting the big shot straight away, but it happens now.

The days of hierarchy and earning your place have gone now, partly because of the turn around of players at clubs now being so rapid due to money.

8 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Don’t get all the fuss about Partey. Holding midfielder is the one position where you don’t need to pay a fortune to get a decent player. 

Disagree with you here mate. With how many attacking teams play, holding mid is such an important position. They hold much of the defence together and give the attack the platform to build off. Fabinho for example. Getting the right player in can be key for the balance of the side. Look at Man City having to replace Fernandinho with Rodri, it just hasn't fully worked and they miss that presence. 

• Like 3